Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
FA Cup Final 1994. I was in Menorca on holiday and my dad took me into a bar full of English avin it fakkin large to watch it. I was cheering for Manchester United (granddad wasnt there to forbid it), and when United scored a skinhead Chelsea fan looked me, an eight year old, square in the eye and said "You little fakkin oval office."

And to this day, I hate Chelsea more than Manchester United.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

System Metternich posted:

I was 8, didn't give a drat about football and was at my cousin's for her 7th birthday. My aunt had had the idea that all children should design their own T-shirts, so we got handed a white shirt and a number of thick pens. I thought for a bit, then decided to make a football-themed short because why not? So I asked my father who was currently topping the league, and then wrote the name of the club in big letters on the shirt, along with a foot kicking a ball. I also wrote down "really cool", but I didn't know how to spell "cool" and wrote "coll" instead. I wore that shirt for years and became a supporter of this club that day. I still am, funny how that works sometimes.

The year was 1996, and the club Borussia Dortmund.

The first match I definitively remember is the 0-3 defeat of Germany at the hands of Croatia in the 1998 WC. I watched the game at another aunt of mine in Frankfurt and had played a little backyard match against two Croatian boys from the neighbourhood a couple of hours before along with my cousin. We got thrashed 0-13, and when we told this at home, another cousin of mine said that this was "a bad omen". She was right about that one, I guess :(

are you kevin grosskreutz?

• Locked thread