Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Def my dad pozing my neg hole during Italia ',90, pretty hosed up, AIDs-Football dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Played soccer in the park next to my elementary school. There was a whole field, but it was too big for 8-year olds so we played with two nets that were perpendicular to each other and pretended the pitch took a corner.

One guy got frustrated and picked up the ball and ran through the goalposts NFL style. We mostly hated him, but he owned the ball, so nothing could be done.

And that guy was Albert Einstein.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

vyelkin posted:

I grew up without TV and before the days of fast internet and readily available game streams, so most of my exposure to football was through video games or following it in international newspapers, since Canadian papers didn't cover it at all then. And playing at school, of course, though we didn't have organized teams so it was just "play with whoever wanted to at lunch every single day". Then, a lot like Azerban, Toronto FC formed in 2007 and I went crazy, there's still have a TFC poster I got, I think I got it before the team ever played a game, hanging on the wall in the guest room in my mom's house. I didn't live in the city and didn't have easy means of transport, but I tried to attend TFC games when I could and watched as much of their games live or on the internet as I could. Being able to watch TFC games on the internet taught my dumb teenage self that I could probably watch other leagues on the internet as well, and I finally started watching the Premier League regularly, despite having tried to follow it just through the news for years.

I don't know if I could narrow down my earliest footballing memory since I was just attracted to the sport before I even had any ability to watch it, so my earliest memory is probably playing Winning Eleven or something like that.

Scratch that, this thread is bringing back memories. My earliest one is definitely playing football at school at lunch.

Def read dem words.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
When Sergio Aguero scored the golden goal in the 5th minute of overtime to win the EPL, and that's when I became a Man City fan for life.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

LemonyTang posted:

My Dad took me to see Hereford United vs Margate, google tells me it was the 01/02 season. We thumped them 3-0 and they got a red card in the second half I remember chanting 'off off off' for. I would've been 8.

I remember getting a goal for my 10th birthday and playing in the driveway with my Dad all day. Then the next year we had a 5 a side tournament on our farm.

Actually another early memory is really embarrassing, I remember crying my eyes out because I was the shittest player in our primary school (that still wanted to play for the school) to the headteacher who explained that it was really important we played the best possible team and I could be the backup goalie.

That's some good stuff op.

• Locked thread