Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I can't believe that game.

I was so happy to see Joe Kelly except he was horrible. Yet the Cardinals won.

Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Felix Hernandez limping off the field.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
Let's please not gently caress it up in the 9th Mariners, I don't even care about the wild card slot, you need to reward Felix for that performance.

Rand alPaul posted:

Felix Hernandez limping off the field.

Did anyone see what happened? I saw him swatting 'gnats' (according to Dave Sims) out of his eyes and then he was limping.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
This really sucks a lot you guys

Would be so much easier if I didn't like this sport

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krigen posted:

Did anyone see what happened? I saw him swatting 'gnats' (according to Dave Sims) out of his eyes and then he was limping.

He kept grabbing at the back of his knee after delivering, then he'd walk around the mound gingerly. He wanted to stay in, and couldn't cover first on the last out.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
hopefully nothing an all-star break won't cure :(

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
I'd make the standard joke about The Fernando Rodney Experience here but he's actually been really good this year.

Edit: Nope, still nervous... How does he do it?

Editedit: Rodney is totally going to blow this...

Gina like vagina fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 12, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't like The Fernando Rodney Experience, get me off this ride :(

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Do not let Nick god drat Punto do a thing

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
if we lose to nick loving punto i will burn this city to the ground

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
fernando rodney you are the worst and also pretty good

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Lol Punto what the hell

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Nervous, shaky arrows are filling the sky around Safeco Field! Mariners win their 50th game! :toot:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

That pitch was like 6" up.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
When did Mariners fans start doing 7 Nation Army and what will it take to get them to stop

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
That pitch almost hit Punto in the forearms and he called him out.

I'm loving the umpire talking poo poo to Geren Melvin after ejecting him, too. Fire all umps.

EDIT: Brain fart

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 12, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That was a hilariously bad call but gently caress Nick Punto.

50 wins before the All-Star break, it's a brave new world :toot:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Can you get ejected after the game is over?

Yay not-the-As

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe
I love Melvin getting between Punto and the ump like he wants to separate them... but really it's just so he can yell at the ump instead.

Fire all umps into the sun.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Rand alPaul posted:

That pitch almost hit Punto in the forearms and he called him out.

I'm loving the umpire talking poo poo to Geren after ejecting him, too. Fire all umps.

Still a Bob, but hasn't been Geren since mid 2011 (it's Melvin now) but yeah, hilarious. Fosse asking rhetorically why the Umpire is even sticking around instead of just going down his tunnel.

Good Dog posted:

Yes and it is a completely symbolic and empty gesture, ergo a waste of time to even do.

So of course this umpire took the time to do it.

EDIT: and I imagine/assume he threw Melvin out too.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Perky posted:

Still a Bob, but hasn't been Geren since mid 2011 (it's Melvin now) but yeah, hilarious. Fosse asking rhetorically why the Umpire is even sticking around instead of just going down his tunnel.

Ugh I was talking about Geren yesterday, how could I insult Melvin who is way way way better a manager? :psyduck:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Forums going crazy again?

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Do like how after the call the A's radio team starts working the home plate umpire's name (James Hoye [sp?]) into the broadcast as much as possible going into the post-game show.

#UmpShaming

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Lincecum stringing together some wins. This one against the Diamondbacks and specifically Goldschmidt.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Lincecum now pitching well even against the Fighting Goldschmidts :woop:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Confirmed the first game in which Lincecum has no-hit Goldschmidt, and he also shutdown Hill.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Good Dog posted:

Sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Vdl-EMY1E

Floorgazer
May 7, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

Lincecum stringing together some wins. This one against the Diamondbacks and specifically Goldschmidt.

The streak will end eventually, as all things do. But for now, :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

New Concept Hole posted:

Confirmed the first game in which Lincecum has no-hit Goldschmidt, and he also shutdown Hill.

Paul Goldschmidt fills me with a primal fear

• Locked thread