Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Wait, I thought they had a policy against triggering people, how was that guy allowed to stay in the convention?

I am serious as a heart attack by the way, that was one of their rules. Trigger someone, get booted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

this got buried at the bottom of the last page and you should definitely watch it because it's great

Who the hell doesn't know that you pay performers up front? As a performer, I bet I can tell you how this went down: they told DashCon what the fee was and when it was to be paid multiple times, and DashCon's official response was, "tralalalala can't hear you."

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
http://dashcon-staff.tumblr.com/post/91630258531/the-cons-over-so-be-frank-the-17k-was-a-scam-right

Dashcon staff out-and-out admits that the 17k was for next year.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
http://laur-uhh.tumblr.com/post/91683707948/i-was-at-dashcon-ama

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edLlqeAA1g

one of the admins

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4opt-Im3U
ahahaha

ugh, gross. I went as well as a joke and it was the most crude, fowl thing I've ever seen in my life. There were 15 - 16 looking year old children there masturbating around me. This guy that looked about 30 was jerking himself off next to me and came on me a little, disgusting.

aaaaaaaaaahahahaha

How do you say this? If it happened to me, I would scream hysterically for at least a month. Solid. They do not make enough rubbing alcohol for me to tolerate wayward semen.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

quote:

And just as an extra “I’ll draw whatever I like,” I added a bee and my John Watsonfly is wearing red pants.

I'm dying that her act of massive rebellion is drawing a bee.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

This is just being mean, but did anyone notice that all the cosplay coming out of Dashcon is really lovely? One of you is busily hitting quote to say something smart, and that's fine, but in most nerd gatherings, you can see some actually good costumes. Not Dashcon, it's all ill-fitting tee shirt costumes with sneakers and weird butt fringe.

Also I read part of that interview, it's all too wordy and measured to read at once. Everyone's trying too drat hard to be "professional." I did notice that they said they were looking for someone who could work under high stress, meaning someone who won't melt down when someone looks at them funny when you suggest that maybe you don't want to hear about dog dicks. :laugh:

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"We had cosplayers state that this was the first convention where they felt safe and didn't get harassed."

Yeah, one hambeast puts this in her blog and you immediately start giving yourselves praise for creating a safe environment instead of realizing that nobody leered at or tried to grope her because she's hideous :rolleyes:

I've been to DragonCon several years, I've never been harassed. (I'm female.) That convention was started by a convicted pedophile. I think "no one was violated, con successful" is too low of a bar, really.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I don't know, being on your feet from 7 AM to midnight with no food and having your friend yank 500 from you would make anyone react poorly.

I mean, I'm a mean spirited goonette so I'd probably be more angry than sad, but I don't think anyone would be expected to act their best.

The one thing that stuck out to me was that these two must be very, very young. I'm surprised how much of this stuff wasn't in writing. Like, when DashCon goes, "Hey, we'll pay your hotel room WHOOPS NO WAIT NEVER MIND," you should be able to pull out your contract that says, "Oh yes you will, pony up or I'll see you in court."

That's one thing that sticks out to me about the Night Vale thing. If they do performances all the time, shouldn't they have a contract? I'm kind of wondering if they did, they emailed it to DashCon several times, and DashCon gleefully ignored it. Night Vale seems like they don't want to talk poo poo, though, so I guess we'll never know if that was it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
If the Dashcon DVD was released (I know, but pretend), I wonder if Lowtax would kindly make a files exception.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

This is just a man screaming at a car, did I miss something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I'm not ablebodied, but I didn't fit into any of their categories. They need to check their privilege. :colbert:

My white Christian heterosexual rear end only got a 95. I'm thinking it gives you a poo poo ton of points for clicking "male" (of which I am not.)

• Locked thread