Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

This could have easily been a bloodless mission if not for the one alien standing by the loving door which I couldn't open for some reason. Cause he was in the tile I would have to move through. After the first person went down to that poo poo, I c4'd the door. The explosion set off both reactors in the room and killed 2 people. Whoops.

Also now my saved bugged out again. I think I'm gonna take a break from xenonauts for a bit and switch it up some. Lets try new XCOM poo poo. I'll keep it going ITT too.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It seems I am a champion.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok actually I'm gonna make a new thread and just revive this when I feel like playing this thing again and get caught up to where I was at. Brb making new thread.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

scalded schlong posted:

i feel slightly nervous being on the same squad as dongslayer

sounds like friendly fire waiting to happen

we must band together to fight the alien menace

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

scalded schlong posted:

lol

i am glad dongslayer is injured and i might not get shot in the back

woah dude, im never letting my dongslaying guard down ever agaib

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
who knows what might happen when you release the beast™?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok I lied, I'm gonna keep this going. Fix was easy but we lost our save so ya. Time to start from the TOP!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
This guy was so hardcore...

Mark Brouhard posted:

Ok I lied, I'm gonna keep this going. Fix was easy but we lost our save so ya. Time to start from the TOP!
C-Can I have a second shot at life, senpai?

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 19, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Put me in coach

Just provide screenshot of my horrible death pls

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Love Stole the Day posted:

This guy was so hardcore...

C-Can I have a second shot at life, senpai?

Sure, I'm naming the initial team. Ok so I got this mod working that lets me breach UFOs. Also a mod that keeps the doors from closing at the end of the aliens turn so we don't have dumb poo poo like aliens playing hide and go seek on us and us losing guys needlessly when I can't enter a room because the guy is on the tile I'd walk through if I opened the door. I guess that warrants starting our story from scratch.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok this is probably the gooniest looking loving team I got with the portrait pack mod just oh boy. First off lets set the stage.

This is the start of the game. I like to get the panama base started since it'll take 10 days for the command center to go up. It'll likely be operational by the 2nd or 3rd month with interceptors and radar coverage if things go well.

The breaching charge I mentioned previously with a xenopedia entry with a bit of fluff and instructions at the bottom on how to use. Look at how big that things is. Shits loving heavy too. On the brightside, it gives me a thing to give strong soldiers to carry other than a machinegun/rocket launcher/a shitton of explosives that the guy will never use. Anyway the rest of the team.

And the reserves.

You'll notice bureau watts is carrying too much poo poo. Do not fret, I tailor each soldiers load for maximum mobility/strength training potential.

Now lets look at the air wing.

Ok that covers it, just need a UFO to start this poo poo off right. I might not run the mission right away but I'll post ITT when I am.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dongslayer. posted:

woah dude, im never letting my dongslaying guard down ever agaib

well you lived and i died so maybe the moral highground is yours

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

scalded schlong posted:

well you lived and i died so maybe the moral highground is yours

I dunno if you died! I can't remember, maybe, v0v.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I would very much like to shoot a high-stat soldier and then panic and get taken down by the rest of the team

Count me in

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mark Brouhard posted:

I dunno if you died! I can't remember, maybe, v0v.

i was Sergeant Schlong and died, but then the entire world died and you had to start again

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I want to die please.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Mark Brouhard posted:

And the reserves.

are you gonna give 'em the goose

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Kiffy Sizzlechest stars in her leading role as Mayor of Bartertown.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/mandozerthegreat

its time

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sup guys on the stream thanks for tuning in.

It could have turned out alot worse. We only lost action tortoise who was keeping an eye out, outside the UFO and who had a lizardman sneak up on him. He shot back and got a few shots then panicked so I was unable to save him. 2 Shotgunner who went out got hosed up and then the mission ended cause we had the UFO for 5 turns. Nightops against lizard people suck dilz.

Replacements on the team.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 20, 2014

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I think heard Blade Runner music during the stream so please name one of them Dick Wrekhard thx

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I think heard Blade Runner music during the stream so please name one of them Dick Wrekhard thx

You got it. Also the latest mission results.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i just noticed i'm still alive and i reported earlier so if you put both hog butcher and doctor goat in give one grenades and give one rockets based on stats

shotguns are nice and all but you just can't beat a good carpet bombing

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hog Butcher posted:

i just noticed i'm still alive and i reported earlier so if you put both hog butcher and doctor goat in give one grenades and give one rockets based on stats

shotguns are nice and all but you just can't beat a good carpet bombing

I think you died? I dunno I'll check the casualty list later. Latest missions.

Ok I blitzed our way back to laser weapons btw.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 20, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'd loving love to hear a drill sargeant go down this line

I CUM WHEN I FART. A GAY FART BOT. LOVE STOLE THE DAY.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hog Butcher posted:

i'd loving love to hear a drill sargeant go down this line

I CUM WHEN I FART. A GAY FART BOT. LOVE STOLE THE DAY.

lol also the list of the fallen

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Sir, I am keeping a straight face. I demand a promotion to Admiral. This is some serious Scotland Guard poo poo right here. Do you see that clipboard?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sup we just got a terror mission btw, I spent the time since I turned off the stream shooting down a ton of loving ufos. We got dick for funding for month 3. 300k and some change. Enough to get us a 2nd lab and get it fully staffed to help us catch up on our backlog of poo poo to research. We've got 6 laser rifles to pass out to the troops and we're dropping now. Terror Mission is in Indochina, some place called Dhaka. I'm gonna chill out and do this mission later when you guys are on so you can watch it happen and everything. Shits gonna be rough.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmmmm

hmmmmmmm

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Update on the terror mission, sole survivor is currently contra calculus. We had a brutal firefight and people were getting wounded left and right. We're fighting androns aka robot people so they are tough as gently caress to kill. Contra spent 5 turns either making GBS threads himself or shooting it out with one andron before winning and I thought that was the last one but I guess I'm wrong. Will he win the mission or will he die in this hellhole. Stay tuned. Actually turning on the stream now cause gently caress it why not.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Found the last guy, this poo poo is terrifying as gently caress, every turn is tense as poo poo. Contra took a hit but survived, managed to get him to some safer cover. Hoping the andron will advance so i can shoot it to poo poo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mark Brouhard posted:

Found the last guy, this poo poo is terrifying as gently caress, every turn is tense as poo poo. Contra took a hit but survived, managed to get him to some safer cover. Hoping the andron will advance so i can shoot it to poo poo.

Contra is dead. gently caress so close.

This is what we have left. A Lieutenant, a Sergeant, and the rest are fresh rookies. We're going to have to claw back to the top again. Almost all our body armor and definitely all 6 laser rifles we deployed to the terror site are lost. This was a major blow to us but we can recover I think. I just got one question and one question only. What are we gonna call the replacements?

Also as if poo poo wasn't rough enough, we just Identified a enemy base we need to take out. We are likely gonna spend the better part of next month recouping from our losses and training the new blood. Once every swinging dick has a laser rifle and bodyarmour we'll probably go for the base. But we'll probably need a new dropship cause yo 8 soldiers going into that hellhole will be rough. Oh yeah we lost america.

Update: Shot down a shitton of ufo's we are back to 9 laser rifles, body armor for everyone, and we just unlocked electroshock grenades. poo poo that can gently caress with robot people. We're about to go in on the alien base. Its do or die time.

Also an alien officer is present in the facility. We're going to find him at the command center but first we're gonna defend our LZ. Thin out the idiots who wanna investigate before moving forward. Also this time for real, I'm gonna wait a few hours before I run this. If we fail this one I think this game will be over but if we win it we might be able to keep australia in our pocket.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 20, 2014

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mark Brouhard posted:

Miss Cumroy died when a robot person ate her entire shotgun blast without being damaged at all and then shot her dead. rip

death cums for me

put me in again so i can die more

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 20, 2014

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Tim Drek

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mark Brouhard posted:

Contra is dead. gently caress so close.

drat, I made it all the way to LT before I got murdered :woop:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fenrir posted:

drat, I made it all the way to LT before I got murdered :woop:

You were one of my MVPs that terror mission. The blue robot mans seem to be tougher than the green ones. You literally popped out, shot it, went behind a van so it couldn't see you to shoot back whilst everyone else drew fire. You died cause of bad luck. Had you lived we'd have won.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

scalded schlong posted:

hmmmm

hmmmmmmm

lol

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

give me a rocket launcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mark Brouhard posted:

You were one of my MVPs that terror mission. The blue robot mans seem to be tougher than the green ones. You literally popped out, shot it, went behind a van so it couldn't see you to shoot back whilst everyone else drew fire. You died cause of bad luck. Had you lived we'd have won.

haha, that's pretty awesome

• Locked thread