Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senior Funkenstien posted:

It has character

Jesus, Honda really did uses the cheapest steel they could find for every drat hood they pressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Got the new engine today finally. Time to start working on some gasket replacements and the timing belt and water pump.

Which engine did you go with? I can't tel from the fuzziness but that looks like the non vtec valve cover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah its the D15B7 non-vtec. Looking for really good gas mileage more than anything.

Edit: gently caress! This crankshaft pulley bolt doesn't want to move. I think I broke my wrench on it.

Where do you live (you can be vague if you like)? I had a lot of trouble finding parts in NE Indiana so I just settled on Ebaying everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SouthsideSaint posted:

Rhino there are literally thousands of your civic in Chicago's junk yards you just didn't want to drive.

Drive 3 hours one way for parts for a stupid project? I don't think so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm lucky in that regard. My local salvage yard is about a mile and a half away and they got a car I can use for parts too.

There's 4 yards here, I lucked out on a door and some interior bits but most of the vtec motors were picked clean.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timmy Cruise posted:

I like to think you and Rhyno are racing to see who finishes first.

Well the difference is he's trying to make his into a reliable DD. I'm trying to ruin mine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Looks like somethings actually getting done now!

Good job dude. I got the head off mine tonight. Civic Progress all around!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

some texas redneck posted:

If you want to add a tach, an LX/EX cluster is a direct bolt in (obviously you'll need one from an automatic model, but those are far more common than the 5 speed anyway). You can even swap the original speedometer over to the new cluster to retain the original odometer - remove the cluster itself, remove the clear front plastic (it just snaps in/out), then the gauge trim/warning light covers (should fall out once the clear cover is off), and the speedometer itself is held in by 3 or 4 screws from the back. Drops right out. Getting the cluster itself out is kind of a PITA on the 92-95, especially if you don't have an adjustable steering wheel (if you do, lower it as far as possible).

Just make sure not to touch the needles. Ask me how easy it is to break them off. :sigh:

It wasn't that hard. I mean, I did have the wheel off anyways...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You better have someone record the first time you crank it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We demand video.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I have it! Its upside down and I'm trying to find a place to upload to.

I have know idea where Youtube could upload some sort of video.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHY ARE YOU FROM THE MIRROR UNIVERSE?

Good job dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TUNES.

Seriously good job man. I feel lazy and pathetic now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TUNES indeed!

Thanks dude. I'm looking forward to see what kinda mess you make of yours.

Other than plugging in the new wires I'm pretty much done putting the motor together. Kind of terrified to turn it over to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

revmoo posted:

I keep getting blue balls from these Civic threads.

At least Doogle seems intent on keeping his.

I've been BUSY.

This scotch ain't gonna drink itself.

• Locked thread