Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManlyGrunting posted:

e2: Given that you're wearing blue and just stomped Great Tiger, does that make you the blue raja? Also, I think the idea is that if you knock your opponent down five times they tend to stay down. Also Carmen is set in Spain.

Hard cheese to swallow. What WILL the bridge club think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

I see "Aran Ryan" and I can't help but see "Aryan". :( I was almost expecting him to be German (as if).

Not knowing this game, I am trying to figure out what the deal is with the character. I don't see anything particularly interesting about him or anything....

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

I can understand, he is super-Irish and frankly the only thing that'd be needed to complete the full picture of ultimate stereotype is both a huge glass of beer in one hand and a Bible in the other.
Thankfully neither of those come up because of Nintendo's policies :haw: personally I HUGELY love Aran Ryan because he was so incredibly dull in the SNES Punch-Out and they just went wild with him in this. He is however a massive rear end in a top hat and completely unlikeable but he's just so fun about it too.

I'm Scottish myself so a lot of this stereotype I can sympathise with, plus he has my name and honestly I just really like they added this character.
It's the South Park rule for me. So long as everyone in the world is being offended and made fun of, nobody can claim they're being picked on if everyone else gets the same treatment. And that's why I like this game a lot, it shows off the whole WORLD being crazy and stupid with weird stereotypes and since no one specific nation is being singled out on, it's totally fine!

As an Irishman, I could say a better ultra stereotype would be beer in one hand, potato in the other, or just plain beer in both hands. And having his coach die halfway through the fight.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

Ah no careful now, we can't have DYING in a Nintendo game, let's just have him faint and then select another stereotype. Seriously the next vid can't come quick enough I WANT to see Ryan again.

But, if the coach just faints then it can't be a real Irish fight team.... And what about the wake?

(And I confess, I cheated and looked elsewhere as cited previously. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out with our gracious host's agile style.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Why would Doc eat Mac? Mac is vanilla, or at least not chocolate.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
<looks around, doesn't see any boxing and leaves>

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Bring.

The.

Pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ThornBrain posted:

Punch-Out continues tomorrow with the Extras + Doc Louis' Punch-Out, and concludes next week with Mac's Last Stand.

Dear Ghods of ElPee, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• Locked thread