Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rewatched the Live at Donington concert again for the first time in probably ten years. The 2-disc album of this was the album that made me want to become a guitarist. Absolute loving masterpiece.

I'm seriously considering buying an ebony finish Gibson SG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Charles Martel posted:

To me, this hooked me more than Rock or Bust, but not quite as much as Rock 'N Roll Train. I hope the rest of this record sounds like this too. I LOVE the way Brian's vocals sound here. It's that "edge" you describe. His voice is as strong as ever, but it has this raw effect that's giving me subtle Fly On The Wall vibes. I very much prefer a more raw, "less-is-more" approach than an overly sanitized production. The latter takes all of the feel out of it and the feel is what music is about.

Yeah, this feels more AC/DC to me than Rock or Bust did (an album that I generally don't think is that good, to be honest). There's a very slight, short delay on Brian's main track and it's definitely giving it a bit of an 80s sound.

The lads are back.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I know the music video is a staged faux-performance but everyone looks so excited to be "on stage" together and Brian looks absolutely in the zone. This is some serious Back in Black era poo poo.

God I can't wait to be able to go to an AC/DC concert again.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNiInX5Pbw

Rad interview with Angus and Brian. Angus talks a bunch about Malcolm's skill as a musician as a composer and Brian talks a bit about his hearing issues.

I love Angus's "interview room" with the leather throne and Marshall stacks behind him.

Think I'm going to buy myself a Gretsch as a Christmas present this year.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 16, 2020