Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Going this Friday! Saw them twice on the Black Ice tour, felt lucky to have done so when it was still the original gang. Looking forward to seeing Chris Slade on board this time, I really liked Razor's Edge.

Been spoiled on the set list a little more than I'd like, but I'm all kinds of pumped to see them in an outdoor stadium this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The sound at my show was so loving bad. May have been where we were sitting, but it was just a blown out boom-y mess of indiscernible noise. Really sucked.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I was lucky enough to be there for that performance. It was a definite highlight, but man the sound was SO bad where I was sitting that it really ruined the whole experience.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wow, a new singer for AC/DC... that'd be something to see.

This seems like more or less the end of AC/DC between this and Malcom. Glad I got to see them the times that I did.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'd be stoked to see Axl singing with AC/DC, so this is pretty much the best possible outcome for me. Still, it'd probably be classier just to hang it up at this point, but I'd be lying if I said this isn't something I'd enjoy seeing.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

And now they've been photographed leaving the same studio together. If AC/DC opening for GN'R with Axl singing for both bands turns out to be true, then hot drat, I am in rock heaven.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Earwicker posted:

that is a very strange and sad idea of rock heaven.

They're two of my favorite bands of all time, so it's pretty simple math.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Man, Axl sounds pretty great when he's not running around out of breath.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Axl is sounding great and I can't wait to see one of these shows in full. First one happens tonight I think.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Listen to him tear up thunderstruck. Axl killed it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

AC/DC and GNR are two of my favorite bands, so I don't mind the intermingling one bit.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

AC/DC owns and deserves a thread in any music forum.

I support your efforts Synthetic Hermit!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I mean let’s be honest, they’re pretty much done. But at least they had one of the most consistent runs in rock n roll.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

Axl showed up in an episode of Looney Tunes singing what sounds suspiciously like a new AC/DC song:

https://vimeo.com/308228032

Porky Pig even does Angus' duck walk in his signature school outfit. :tinfoil:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wonderful news. I love Axl and think he did a fine job filling in for AC/DC, but I'll never not take another album with Brian on.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The AC/DC Facebook page has suddenly come to life, celebrating Highway to Hell’s 40th. Tour imminent??

I’m also going to take this opportunity to say that after having lost my copy years back I recently reacquired Stiff Upper Lip and it’s low key one of their best later day albums.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I have quite a lot of love for most of the Brian Johnson led albums. Besides the obvious ones and Razors Edge like you mentioned, Flick of the Switch is one of their best, and I quite like Ballbreaker and Rock or Bust. Black Ice was awesome when it came out because of the tour and the general AC/DC renaissance associated with it, but I think I prefer what came before and after it in terms of solid albums.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Not sure I could go about ranking them, but I know Fly on the Wall would be at the bottom for me. Not a fan of most of the songs, or the production on that particular album. I like the song Danger, though. I'm also in agreement that Blow Up Your Video is better than most people give it credit for.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Facebook page is doing stuff. Announcement imminent.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Song’s okay. Sounds like AC/DC alright. I’ll be buying the record for sure though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s always good to have more AC/DC but I’m a little underwhelmed by this one. None of the songs have stuck out to me so far. I don’t think it’s on the same level of Stiff, Black Ice, or Rock or Bust. It kinda shows that this is just stuff they had laying around.

I’m gonna give it more listens of course, but so far it’s not one of my favorites.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

He definitely sounds rough around the edges but I’m super happy for him.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Man that's a hell of a lineup, but I'm certainly not up for the expense and fatigue of attending a three day music festival.

I thought Ozzy wasn't even performing anymore, much less AC/DC.

Should be an awesome time for anyone privileged enough to go.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Speaking of, I'd be pretty surprised if they do something big like this without Brian back, but I'm very surprised it's happening at all. I wonder how or why? Last I checked he basically had to choose between performing or going deaf.

Does anyone even know for sure it won't be Axl filling in again? Guns N' Roses is one of the headliners after all.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/acdc/status/1700494261215691067?s=20

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I agree, but I think you have to take the idea of seeing AC/DC perform again with the concession that Brian is getting old with a lifetime of vocal strain and is also probably relatively out of practice at this stage.

It’s the same for any rock band of that era that’s still actively touring. Hard rock frontmen don’t tend to age too well. The vocal style calls for performance that age and strain don’t hold up well to.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m getting PWR UP flashbacks. New single leading to album, perhaps?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Not the song in the clip obviously, I just mean the social media tease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ObiwanSeanobi posted:

Awesome that they're back at it. Sad no North American dates, yet.

Will be interesting to hear how they sound over there. The crowds will definitely be more amped than the PowerTrip crowds. It'll be good for the boys.

European crowds go hard, it’s pretty sad to see how unenthused the audience gets at US shows.

Current rumors seem to be a US leg will follow with Duff McKagan on bass. I’m a little concerned about how much they’ll be able to keep this up, but I certainly wouldn’t turn down a chance to see the boys one last time.