Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Henchman of Santa posted:

I have zero interest in new AC/DC material and honestly think they only have two albums that are good all the way through (Highway to Hell and Back in Black)

Dirty Deeds and High Voltage are amazing, what are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Sheen Sheen posted:

It would have to be somebody famous, right?

Dave Grohl just got a boner.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The joke is that Dave Grohl has no shame and shoehorns his way into anything he possibly can.

They should just cancel the dates. Who wants to see AC/DC with a substitute singer? That's stupid.

But the idea that foo fighters and ac/dc are hugely different types of music? It's all dumb hard rock.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 13, 2016

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Foo Fighters skews way younger. They belong to the Nirvana/Pearl Jam/System Of A Down crowd. AC/DC's is the Joe Six Pack/Good Ol' Boy crowd. Music tonalities are way different. AC/DC values a basic beat, a strong riff, and screeching guitar solos. Foo Fighters are more layered and melodic in comparison.

Pearl Jam and Nirvana get regular rotation on classic rock stations. It's all dad Rock. Their important records were all made 25 years ago. The local hard rock radio station round here has a new billboard up with pictures of 3 musicians: Steven Tyler, angus young, and Dave grohl. They've been the same radio format for 30 years.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Blast Fantasto posted:

Ehhh, I think you guys are really overthinking it. AC/DC plays arenas, it's not like their audience is filled with rough customers. At the most recent Chicago show, I definitely saw multiple people in Foo Fighters shirts.

AC/DC is a band that has long transcended its original audience niche.

Exactly. There are families with kids at ac/dc shows. There are bikers and truckers and jocks and cops at foo fighters concerts. It's the same arena rock audience.

Th idea that the foo fighters is some cerebral high concept rock music is really funny though.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Charles Martel posted:

If Brian truly can't tour anymore, they should just hang it up and retire (as much as it kills me to say that). It's a miracle they pulled off a lead singer change back in 1980 when we lost arguably the greatest front man of all-time, but at this point, they've had a really awesome run, and I couldn't think of a single person that would fit that bill.

Using Van Halen as an example: Roth was great, Hagar was good, but the last thing AC/DC needs is a Gary Cherone (not comparing Dave Grohl, just making a general example).

A better example is Queen with Paul Rodgers or The Doors with Ian Astbury. Who wants to see either of those bands? At least the Gary Cherone Van Halen had an album to tour in support of.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Blast Fantasto posted:

There's rumors floating out there that Brian's replacement for the rest of the tour will be Axl Rose. Which... bleh

That can't be true.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It's almost as if they want to sell tickets or something.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That Axl dolly is the saddest thing I've ever seen.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
They probably just did it cause it's super good

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
This is the most earnest thread on the something awful forums.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ExecuDork posted:

The Royal Australian Mint is flogging AC/DC coins. They've been doing it for a while but I just stumbled across it on my social media feeds lately.
https://www.ramint.gov.au/publications/royal-australian-mint-releases-electrifying-new-coin-set-will-leave-you-thunderstruck
https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/search?q=AC%2FDC&utm_source=Corporate%20Site%20Media%20Release&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=ACDC_2020

Ballbreaker was the first CD I ever bought, it's an odd feeling for me to see it memorialised with "25 Years Since" on it.

Who made who was the first cd I bought. It came in a long box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
What a terrible picture lol