Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Seventh row for Dodger Stadium. I feel like my life has been leading up to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Sitting in the Dodger Stadium parking lot. By far one of the best concerts I have ever been to. We were 7th row, right in front of the right screen. Still reeling from it. I have no voice. It's dead, Jim.

Angus is a loving god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMu7_kWvhhE

The amazing thing about the video is that it could have been a legitimate closer for any other band, and yet it was the second song of the night.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 29, 2015

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

bytebark posted:

At the Chicago show, there were somewhat longer than usual gaps between songs - seemed like thirty seconds or so, although maybe not even that long - which seemed abnormal (when I saw them on the BI tour, they pretty much just went right from song to song). During these gaps, the lights were down (band not visible). Did they do this at other shows? Wondering this was only done at the Chicago show because it was supposedly taped for a video release, and maybe they wanted that time to get crowd audio, etc. Or maybe Angus just needed a breather, because he's sixty years old.

The L.A. show had a little bit of time between songs. I figured it was just because of the setup needed for a few of them (like the giant bell or Rosie and stuff). It's such a big show with so many lighting cues and whatnot I didn't really find it too odd.

Here's an image of them playing "You Shook Me All Night Long" I took, which I think kind of sums up the concert.

I'm finding now that I've had the time to think about it that the reason they put on such a great show is that the band is almost secondary to the experience. I mean, everyone's there to see them play, but their songs are so iconic that you're really there to sing things like "You Shook Me.." and "Highway to Hell" with 55,000 other people. Not many bands can pull that kind of thing off nowdays. Even if you don't remember their setlist or some of the specifics, you probably will remember toasting to strangers near your seats during "Have a Drink on Me," or chanting THUNDER as loud as possible or all of the light-up horns around you the whole time. It's just so much fun, and they're the house band providing the soundtrack to the party.

One of the reviews posted earlier in the thread said that AC/DC plays in stadiums but still feels like they're playing an intimate venue. I didn't understand it then, but it makes complete sense now. I really hope they tour again, but drat I'm glad I finally got to see them if they don't. Incredible.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 30, 2015

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
They love showing off their dirty big balls so that's not much of a surprise.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 1, 2015

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I actually don't hate that idea. Grohl is one of the biggest modern rock stars, he knows the songs, and can put out the energy in his shows to match AC/DC's. I mean, no one is going to match Johnson's voice, and this is likely their last tour unless magical science happens, so may as well go out with a huge, respected name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjOKxHTzyuU