Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Best Band Ever. I am loving psyched for this album. I didn't really like Stiff Upper Lip very much, but I loving loved Black Ice. If this album is half as good as Black Ice, then I'll probably listen to it non-stop for the next year. Hell, even if it's bad, it's still an excuse for them to tour again.

Favorite AC/DC song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CRtdrIMQE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
A friend of mine who is into music festivals like Coachella told me that AC/DC is playing at Coachella in 2015. Is this true? I haven't seen anything about it.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
According metalsucks.net, Chris Slade's optometrist tweeted something suggesting that Chris is back in AC/DC. No clue how reliable the website is, nor why Chris Slade's optometrist would know anything about this, but hey, drummer rumors!! :v:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Charles Martel posted:

I would not mind this at all. Guy killed it on The Razor's Edge and the subsequent tour.

Agreed, he's definitely the second-best drummer they've had (sorry Simon Wright!) And he did kill it on what I feel is AC/DC's third most important album--I feel like he does up-tempo stuff even better than Phil does sometimes.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Rock or Bust sounded great, and I think Brian's voice is the best it's been in a long time. That was probably the slowest rendition of Highway to Hell I've ever heard, though.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
They should definitely axe The Jack, but they probably won't since it's probably been played on every single tour they've done since the beginning. Oh well, it's a good intermission song where people can run out and take a leak before they play a better song :v:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Just got back from Toronto. Every muscle in my body aches and I have no voice. It was without question the best show I have ever been to. Last time I saw them was on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, and they were great then, but they were on a whole new level last night. Brian sounded great, the rhythm section was heavy and flawless, and Angus was on loving fire. Set list was awesome, not a single bad choice on there. Some of the most fun I've ever had. Good God I am going to be so sad when these guys retire

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Well, I guess in the backs of our minds we all knew this would likely be AC/DC's last hurrah, but this more or less makes it official :smith: Now I'm really glad that I got to see them in Toronto on the first leg of the North American tour, but I live in Buffalo and was really hoping to see them again.

So I'm interpreting this as Brian can't play any more shows at all--I'm not a doctor, but shouldn't he have been wearing earplugs to prevent this? Or are earplugs while on stage at an AC/DC concert like putting your finger in a dyke? More importantly, who the hell are they going to get to fill in for him???

It would have to be somebody famous, right?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Kinda sad how Angus seems intent on cratering the band's legacy at the finish line here, especially if he cut Brian against his wishes. One of the great things about AC/DC is that they seemed like they were above this type of rockstar ego jackassery, at least on the surface.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

EugeneJ posted:

At the same time, if they're contractually obligated to fill the dates, it might be cheaper to throw a few million dollars at Axl for 10 gigs than it would be to cancel the shows altogether and face lawsuits

Yeah, I get that, and if I'm being honest, I actually think that Axl Rose and Angus Young playing AC/DC's Greatest Hits would be a lot of fun to see--just not if it's at Brian's expense :(

I guess Winter 2016 was just the straw that finally broke AC/DC's back...

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
AC/DC is at a crossroads now I guess...is Angus really going to replace Brian permanently with a tribute band singer? It would be kind of a shame if they did, this would have been the perfect farewell tour. I suppose we won't hear anything for a few years, AC/DC usually goes into hibernation for a few years after a long tour like this

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Well this certainly makes me feel better about Angus stubbornly refusing to throw in the towel

I guess Brian just decided to say "gently caress my eardrums, I don't need to hear anyways"

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
That's what I figured after thinking about it for a while

I never did get to see the band with Axl, but I was opposed to the idea, mostly because it seemed like they hosed Brian over pretty badly. I dunno how I feel about album singer/touring singer, but I'll still buy the album the day it comes out, of course

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
We also missed the 40th anniversary of Bon’s death :saddowns:

But that’s cool about potential new music! Is Brian officially back?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
hell yes :rock:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Not to be all :filez: and stuff but a great friend of mine sent me a leaked copy of the the album and I can confirm that it loving owns—way better than Rock or Bust and on par with Black Ice, maybe a little better (I really really loved Black Ice though, so take that as you will). Everyone sounds great—guitars, rhythm section, Brian, even the background vocals are on point. Can’t wait to give AC/DC even more of my money in about a week :v:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Goddammit I picked a hell of a time to quit my terrible job and go back to my old job for less money :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Definitely gonna regret missing this one :(

Hopefully we’ll get some tour dates though :ohdear: