Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Still, you're not going to find bikers & truckers at a Foo Fighters show. Their stuff requires too much thinking for the kind of wide audience that AC/DC attracts.

While I'll admit I've never given the entire Foo Fighters discography a particularly close listen, I've heard way more of their songs than I'd ever want to, and I can't remember a single one of them that required any thinking whatsoever.

Yes AC/DC is older and naturally has older and grizzlier fans on average but there's nothing radically different or more thought provoking about Foo Fighters, its just dad rock for a slightly younger generation of dads.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

man nurse posted:

If AC/DC opening for GN'R with Axl singing for both bands turns out to be true, then hot drat, I am in rock heaven.

that is a very strange and sad idea of rock heaven.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

man nurse posted:

They're two of my favorite bands of all time, so it's pretty simple math.

Sure, and I could understand calling an AC/DC & Guns N Roses show with Axl fronting both bands "rock heaven" if it were 1991 and Axl could still sing..