Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkonā 4

Ponponkonā walks in, the only one without protective clothing or a breathing mask. There's a slight audible clicking noise as the built-in rebreather in her throat turns off.

Her sensitive hearing easily picks up on the shouting going on next door. Oh boy. This is going to be a fun one!

For most people, that thought would be sarcastic. But Ponponkonā knows that shouting of that volume in the adminstration building usually means something has gone horribly wrong in a violent way. This being the only thing she is 100% certain she knows how to deal with, (and somewhere in her indoctrination programming there's still a little pleasure pulse at the thought of getting to cut some suckers up) the fact that it is going to happen instead of another meeting on a topic she doesn't understand or another boring day sitting around outside some VIP's doghouse to prevent dognapping makes her smile with somewhat creepy anticipation.

K Prime posted:

Concept: Illegal Cyborg Ninja Shinigami Clone
Action: RULES OF NATURE
Cyborg Shinigami: Savior Machine
Intrigue: Backstab Zandatsu
Omega: Seeking Her True Self

Skills:
pre:
		Action (+3)		C. Shinigami (+2)		Intrigue (+1)

Superb (+5)     Athletics

Great (+4)	Combat, Notice	         Blink,
                  Physique            	
Good (+3)	Provoke, Vehicles	 Stealth

Fair (+2)				 Systems                         

Average (+1)							        Burglary, Contacts 
                                                                            Deceive
Weird Mode: Cyborg Shinigami Blink, Stealth, Systems, Athletics, Combat, Physique
Weird Skill: Blink (Overcome, Defend, Create Advantage)
Improvements: Specialized Blink (3)

Stunts

gently caress It, Parry It!: Ponponkonā is Bulletproof as long as she has her sword. Note: It must be her sword- no other will work.

Paid in Spines: Ponponkonā may remove a mild consequence or clear a physical stress box upon taking out a worthy robotic or cyborg opponent.

Miss Divine Wind: Ponponkonā is absolutely faster(Athletics) than any normal human, but only in a predictable path.

Recursive Assistance: Each failure on a Systems roll adds +1 to Systems until Ponponkonā succeeds.

Camo Field: Ponponkonā may spend a fate point to replace an ally's stealth roll with her own.

Stress
Physical OOOOO
Mental OO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkonā 4

"Um, no. Well, I can but the anti-poison features in my pseudo-digestive system automatically filter out the caffeine. At least, um, that's what the doctors back on Earth said." She shrugs. "I don't like the taste anyway."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Um, if the problem is serious, we cannot guarantee everyone's safety?" says Ponponkona hesitantly. "We'd need very good reason to bring more than one or two people along, right?" She looks at Sonoda for support. This is not her side of things, at all.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Of course, ma'am." Ponponkona opens a hatch. There's a brief outrush of air, and then the airlock closes. "I'll scout ahead. Follow when I give the word."

And like that, she's gone."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Kona checking in. Garage is clear for your entrance." She cautiously reaches out to the airlock door, feeling it. "Someone's completely sealed the airlock door. I'll try and get it open while you approach."

There is a distinct hum even in the dull atmosphere as she draws her blade. "Watakushi ken ni, tatenu mono nashi."

17 cuts.

Ponponkona resheaths the blade without fanfare. It has been perhaps 3 seconds.

210 parts, 300 BP.

KPrime, +-+/+5 = 6 athletics overcome on this door.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

Ponponkona faces the civvies, and immediately looks more scared than she was cutting open a sealed door to the unknown. "U-um... Because um... we don't know what is in there? Whatever it is, it can't be good though... the airlock is stuck open the wrong way and sealed. That's um... bad?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Er...I will take point," says Ponponkona. "It's my job, and, um, my risk."

She steps into the apparently empty base, looking up and down the corridors. "If you hear me start yelling and stabbing things, you should um, probably run away."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"If there was an incursion or problem it would probably, um, start in the lab, right?" Kona looks at Cyrus accusingly. "So we should probably check there first, right?"

Her anxiety gets the better of her and she just moves off to check it on her own. Unfortunately, upon arriving she immediately realizes that she has no goddamn idea what all this stuff is.

KPrime, --/-+4 = 1 Noticin' nada.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Mold... why would there be mold in a sealed habdome?" Kona looks at Cyrus. "Um, do you know?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

Kona picks up on the lab network, and begins the process of breaking in. "Admin? Nope. Guest? Nope. Password? Nope..."

Krysmbot KZA, /-/-+2 = 0 Systems. Next attempt will be at +3, but that one is a wash. Let's brainstorm!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

Taking one on Savior Machine

Kona probes the wifi again.

"P4ssw0rd. Seriously?"

The interface splays out in front of her. "Experimental log, experimental log... There."

She frowns. "I have no idea what half these words mean. Calling up internal dictionary... Oh, mycoid means fungus-like. I thought it had something to do with electricity..."

Systems
skybot KPrime: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Uuuuh... team?"

Ponponkona calls up the file system. "So um, there's this file in the deleted folders... it says they were 'experimenting with mycoid specimens' and that then the experiments were suddenly canceled. But this other log shows they were still using the specimens as of uh... 2 days ago. Do you any of you know why they'd be doing that? Or how it would lead to this... gross stuff?"

Do Not Taunt Happy Fungi

KPrime, -//-+4 = 2 notice aw geeze :|

K Prime fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 16, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Fungus, fungus... what could a fungus have to do with this?" Ponponkona activates her rarely-used cybernetic scanning AR Vision. She doesn't like using it because it gives her a headache and makes everything look really gold-colored for hours afterward, but it finds things that eyes cannot. She paces the corridors restlessly, looking for something, anything to stick out.

KPrime, //+/+4 = 5. If no one else gets it, I'll invoke on my concept to hit the goal.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona
FP:4->3

"Um...." Kona looks at the vent shafts, now glowing a soft purple in her vision. "Why are all the vent filters missing? Um... yeah. All of the vent filters are missing. That um, isn't right. Right?"

Filtered Out the Evidence

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"Well um... fungi generally like... spore? Right? Into the air? I think someone wanted that stuff to get everywhere. So they took the vent filters off and um... let it spread. I don't know how that leads to everyone going silent but... it's definitely not good."

Fungus Among Us

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona

"The hell are you?!" Kona draws blade. "..I guess it doesn't matter."

Her eyeshields clamp into place as combat mode activates. "This is something I can work with. Come ON!"

Her sensors scan the thing, looking for weak points.

KPrime, +/--+4 = 3 Notice to pick up a Glowing Weak Point. I'll pass initiative to the foe in front of me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ponponkona
OOXOO

Ponponkona yanks clear of the lock, but gets sideswiped by the other blades. A flurry of bullets come her way but she easily deflects them, snarling. "Negative damage" beeps a warning signal, "Caution advised."

"CAUTION THIS!"

With a vicious stab, she strikes directly for the indicated point. "ORYYYYAAAA!"

KillPrime !r fudge+5
Krysmbot KillPrime, +/+-+5 = 6 NO ASPECT, which prevents the little dudes from harming her.

KillPrime !r fudge+5
Krysmbot KillPrime, --+/+5 = 4 3 STRESS

Counterattack:
KillPrime !r fudge+4
Krysmbot KillPrime, -//++4 = 4
+2 from weak point to go to +6!

Init to SAM

K Prime fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 4, 2014

• Locked thread