Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i volunteer to surrender if we ever play diplomacy

i will of course be roleplaying as the french

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

winvirus posted:

I think anime is bad. I am also probably getting dragged along to Dragon*Con this year. God have mercy on my soul

I have to take pics of that for work. It still will not be worse than when I had to go to Atlanta's furry convention.

Also everyone watch Millennium Actress it is really good okay.

Ernie. posted:

i volunteer to surrender if we ever play diplomacy

i will of course be roleplaying as the french

I volunteer to surrender if we ever play Love Letter.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

you say that even before you see the final touches i put on the 24-player edition???

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I genuinely enjoyed the counting game

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so am i supposed to be intimidated by the fact that the other tribe has better tastes in anime than my tribe?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TheChad posted:

more like 800 turns a day until end of time

Do you remember Cena's 20x20 tile board that started as a "one turn every hour" game when we all knew that TNL was not around?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Poque posted:

Do you remember Cena's 20x20 tile board that started as a "one turn every hour" game when we all knew that TNL was not around?

The best game for viewers

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Eight Dollars posted:

Also everyone watch Millennium Actress it is really good okay.

:yum: Tokyo Godfathers is still better though. :yum:

John Cena posted:

Tremendous Taste
My best buddy on SA is: Disco Spider IRL, Dr. Hurt on SA

Ernie.
My best buddy on SA is: Fronz, Dr. Hurt and Tremendous Taste

:drac: you guys are the best :drac:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Skinty why the gently caress was I not on your best friend list you piece of garbage

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

You're on mine.

:nyoron:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mustache Ride posted:

You're on mine.

:nyoron:

Cool, wanna have a final 2 alliance?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I dunno, we've only just met and theres so much I want to do before I tie the knot like that.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mustache Ride posted:

I dunno, we've only just met and theres so much I want to do before I tie the knot like that.

I interviewed Joey Ryan on a wrestling segment once, and he gives out mustache rides all the time, so we are basically like brothers IMO

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow, I think you're coming on a little strong.

We should see other people.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mustache Ride posted:

Wow, I think you're coming on a little strong.

We should see other people.

Whatever, I have plenty of people begging to be in an alliance with me, I don't need you

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I didn't mean that let's talk it out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I came to laugh at you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just bought a Hidato book at Powell's because of John Cena and Asiina.

(To the airport now, I WILL see you at some point though kensei!)

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Your Personal Muse posted:

I didn't mean that let's talk it out

Its okay, we can still be friends.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

winvirus posted:

I think instead of battleships we should get on google hangout or something and play battleshots

I'd be up for this, I've even got a pretty decent webcam.

Anyone up for battleshots tonight? Mods do you care if we organize our own just-dicking-around Survivor Games?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

We may not be able to until merge or on same tribe, Magres.

Also yo Magres I just started playing TOME last night. It owns pretty hard. Been following the goon zone progression guide. I also accidentally did a quest to unlock archmage I guess?? I just gave my Crystal focus thing to a dude and he gave me access to wizardtown so. Trip report: TOME is cool.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
well my tribe doc refuses to load at work because god forbid we go to google docs on the clock

sooo

usagi forever

goku never

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Adus posted:

well my tribe doc refuses to load at work because god forbid we go to google docs on the clock

sooo

usagi forever loses

goku never loses

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I see things have escalated quickly here.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The wordplay in Usagi doesn't translate to English and Bunny is a loving stupid name regardless, they were right to rename her to Serena for the dub

*drops mic*

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Hey team Goku Cena sent us treemail saying the challenge will be who's the best at fighting evil by moonlight AND winning love by daylight. You should just quit now.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

woah th-that's not what i said!!!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Eight Dollars posted:

Hey team Goku Cena sent us treemail saying the challenge will be who's the best at fighting evil by moonlight AND winning love by daylight. You should just quit now.

Really? He told us that it was who can be more culturally relevant in America.

Adus posted:

woah th-that's not what i said!!!

But it's what you meant.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Challenge #1: Sharingan Mayhem;

Copy the last sentence of the post above you, add a sentence of your own and post. If you mis-copy you are out.

You're welcome, Cena.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

winvirus posted:

We may not be able to until merge or on same tribe, Magres.

Also yo Magres I just started playing TOME last night. It owns pretty hard. Been following the goon zone progression guide. I also accidentally did a quest to unlock archmage I guess?? I just gave my Crystal focus thing to a dude and he gave me access to wizardtown so. Trip report: TOME is cool.

Yeah tome is pretty rockin. You should head east a little and find the lumberjack village, doing that little quest unlocks Cursed, the most :black101: class ever.

Highlights of Cursed:

1) You hate everything
2) Everything must die
3) You hate everything so hard you can, through the power of how much you hate things, see them through walls and tear a hole in the fabric of space-time to hateportal next to them to stick a giant sword in their guts
4) Run excessively fast
5) Sometimes run even more excessively fast
6) Attack so fast you're a walking blenderstorm of swords

Play Cornac Cursed, use your starting category point to unlock Rampage, go 5/5/5/0 in Rampage, and have fun. Cursed owns so loving hard.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

What is this ToME you speak of and why isn't it spelt as ADOM?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It used to be based of Angband but is its own thing now

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I know what ToME is :(

It's just you're all playing the wrong best roguelike ever :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For a second I mashed wrong best together into one word and read it as worst and we were about to have a fight.

What makes ADOM good? The thing I like about Tome is that it's pretty accessible and most of the classses feel very cool. Like there's a lot of good flavor to the game and most of the classes are super badass

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

It's a lot less forgiving. It's one of those games that really epitomizes the spirit of a roguelike IMO. The only thing you carry forward between games in ADOM is extra knowledge about where you went wrong in considering risks. On the other hand ToME is a lot more ... accessible and extra-lifey and happy etc. Also I don't know what it is but when I play ADOM I feel special when I get a fancy drop, I really do. In ToME the same magic never comes across for some reason.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The wordplay in Usagi doesn't translate to English and Bunny is a loving stupid name regardless, they were right to rename her to Serena for the dub

*drops mic*
That was the only anime controversy I know :(

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

The best rougelike is DoomRL :twisted:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Yeah I feel dirty playing on Adventurer instead of Roguelike but people say it's more fun and better that way. Figure it can't hurt while I get the swing of things

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Eight Dollars posted:

The best rougelike is DoomRL :twisted:

Fun fact I only played DoomRL until the second floor of the first dungeon and then quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

You all have funny ways of spelling FTL

• Locked thread