Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Nitrox posted:

I routinely drive away in my Jumbo/Tiger2/IS2 from people like you, who place 2 H3s and fall back. Medium tanks, yeah. Not the big boys

Now that I think about it I killed like 10 kts one round and yeah it was just 2 H3s, so not sure what they used on you. Then agian they could have changed that since then.

In other news how do you feel about the carriable medpacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Undeployed all of my ATs on the strategy map and lost all the associated warfunds. Apparently the WF loss is new as of a hotfix that snuck in... nice. Everytime I bother with the strategy portion again they find a new way to gently caress it up more.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The AT for "assault team" abbreviation gets me every time, eh.

wjs5, heavy tier tanks just have more health in this game. It's not armor based or anything, just actual health bar numbers. So you need either 3 H3's or wear med-high demo badge. But honest to god, I hear "clink" and hit the throttle, then hear another "clink" from 2nd H3 being set and then explosions. Tank is smoking but alive, with something like 2 bars left. I'va ran into this issue myself, as infantry.

By standard loadout you can only carry 2 H3s I believe. So I've actually just said "gently caress it" and sat on the hill in my IS2, while a German dude hopelessly ran around my smoking, but functional tank.

In other news, I'm starting to figure out how to shoot down planes with a Panther again. It's a remarkable tank. Saved Gerbil's life a few days ago!

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
The AT for assault team gets me every drat time, especially in a game with actual tanks you need to kill.

I havent really played enough to have a chance to see heavy tanks to even attempt to kill them to even test it out. I normally run with the badge giving me extra H3s =V.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nitrox posted:

The AT for "assault team" abbreviation gets me every time, eh.

wjs5, heavy tier tanks just have more health in this game. It's not armor based or anything, just actual health bar numbers. So you need either 3 H3's or wear med-high demo badge. But honest to god, I hear "clink" and hit the throttle, then hear another "clink" from 2nd H3 being set and then explosions. Tank is smoking but alive, with something like 2 bars left. I'va ran into this issue myself, as infantry.

By standard loadout you can only carry 2 H3s I believe. So I've actually just said "gently caress it" and sat on the hill in my IS2, while a German dude hopelessly ran around my smoking, but functional tank.

In other news, I'm starting to figure out how to shoot down planes with a Panther again. It's a remarkable tank. Saved Gerbil's life a few days ago!

Haha it's true on both accounts - great tank and a life-saver.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
So I've done some testing and maxed out Grenadier (+15% damage) and Dynamite Lover (+3 items) on one single infantry. Using H3s, any light tank goes down in 1 shot, Chaffee included. Now, the Luchs/Chaffee/T70 don't blow up immediately, but catch fire and pop in about 6 seconds. If the driver jumps out and starts repairing right away, he can save it. But not while I'm around, of course. Now I've actually managed to kill a Hellcat with 1 H3, but can't say for sure if he wasn't damaged already. Everything else dies in 2 shots.

Looks like H3's are getting harder to place now, you have to be against flat surface, not on hill, and god forbid the tank is moving. But dollars to damage, they are undisputed kings of moneymaking.

The medpacks are pretty gimmicky, but sure why not. They cost 1 slot and $24 per single use. Totally worth keeping if you have empty space.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nitrox posted:

So I've done some testing and maxed out Grenadier (+15% damage) and Dynamite Lover (+3 items) on one single infantry. Using H3s, any light tank goes down in 1 shot, Chaffee included. Now, the Luchs/Chaffee/T70 don't blow up immediately, but catch fire and pop in about 6 seconds. If the driver jumps out and starts repairing right away, he can save it. But not while I'm around, of course. Now I've actually managed to kill a Hellcat with 1 H3, but can't say for sure if he wasn't damaged already. Everything else dies in 2 shots.

Looks like H3's are getting harder to place now, you have to be against flat surface, not on hill, and god forbid the tank is moving. But dollars to damage, they are undisputed kings of moneymaking.

The medpacks are pretty gimmicky, but sure why not. They cost 1 slot and $24 per single use. Totally worth keeping if you have empty space.

I have a soldier with the STG and a wrench / grenade. Replaced the grenade with a medic pouch ... it does help in those situations where you are single-handedly holding a pt and cant run around looking for health.

Gerbil_Pen fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 25, 2017

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
So how about them new handguns?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
They are really good for what they do, cost 1 space unit and make pew pew sounds. Perfect complimentary weapon to your AT or sniper kit. Too bad you can only bring 2 magazines with you, but that's enough for most occasions.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Just noticed there is a half off sale for soldiers if you happen to have one you need and are close. Note its not going to be to terribly much longer.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Is this game worth tossing any money at? How active is the playerbase these days? I played a lot of RO back in the day and after the let down of RO2 I still have an itch what needs scratching...

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Is this game worth tossing any money at? How active is the playerbase these days? I played a lot of RO back in the day and after the let down of RO2 I still have an itch what needs scratching...

I cant recommend tossing money at it unless you know its a game you like. If you are interested play it for a while first before you decide to put any money in.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I say play for a month and see how you you like it first. But if you do, pay $20 or whatever is bare minimum to get you 90 days of veteran membership. The extra slots and exp boost are really worth it. The knife + smg infantry package is also a good deal, feel free to splurge. Don't spend that gold on anything else, save what you have and in 90 days you may earn enough to get more veteran. Everything in game is available for credits, paying real money just helps to skips the grind, it's never a necessity.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
As far as progression goes, I heard that you can convert your starting infantryman into a tanker/pilot/etc at some point. Is that worth it? Or should I be saving up to buy dedicated tankers and such? Basically, what's a good soldier spread to have for a faction? (I started soviets).

Kinda sucks not being able to swap guns in battle while also not being able to share them among soldiers out of battle.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Crazyeyes24 posted:

As far as progression goes, I heard that you can convert your starting infantryman into a tanker/pilot/etc at some point. Is that worth it? Or should I be saving up to buy dedicated tankers and such? Basically, what's a good soldier spread to have for a faction? (I started soviets).

Kinda sucks not being able to swap guns in battle while also not being able to share them among soldiers out of battle.

You can no longer swap any of the classes to a different one, unless you have a legacy soldier. How ever if you can switch them out I personally like to keep the highest ranked guy as infantry so you can ensure you can make credits for things.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
My PC shits the bed and they go make the MG42 easier to control. What poor timing.

https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/10/update-1-08-1-weapon-tweaks/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I am singing and dancing because Johnson finally got nerfed. Just picked one up from a dead yank and it''s way shittier to use! Finally!

• Locked thread