Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

BJ Upton and Michael Bourn

amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
On the bright side, they can get to the passed balls really fast.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I would like to see that team page thing for the Reds

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Well I was completely off. However it seems like everyone except Hultzen is really unlucky with their BABIP. Like, REALLY unlucky. So I'll keep everything the same for now.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Mind showing Ryan Howards stats?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

June 16th, 2014

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Where da league leaders at

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Man I've got to have one the worst bullpens ever, I guess the game doesn't think much of converting starters. I'm just guessing this based on having at least 3 good starters last update and my defense and hitting being pretty good in this one.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

jesus christ I've gone 21-35 since starting out 11-3 despite having a larger run differential than every other team in the division.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Reds are in last place despite no real reason for their badness. Mediocrity, sure, but negative winning percentage is ugly.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

BJ Upton and Michael Bourn

Well that's better then I was expecting. And hey first place.
E: could you set Josh Harrison as the back-up catcher. Thanks.

PASS THE MASH fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 27, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ugh. I was hoping to just be able to coast to victory. My team's defense is every bit as good as I hoped, which means my pitching has to be godawful. Yikes.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monicro posted:

Not on my team :v:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
My team OPS, it approaches .700!!! Can I see Oakland's batters please?

From the previous stats Clay Buchholz has the most starts of my SPs for some reason (he's supposed to be the third starter) and he stinks. I'm not sure what the logistics of switching up rotations are, but if it's feasible, make him SP5 and throw anyone else in his place/move everyone else up. Also make Aaron Loup the closer and move Cody Allen to setup. Sample size decisions up in here.

Thanks for running this thing, it's pretty fun.

e: oh man my defense is miserable

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 27, 2014

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
lol Litterally everything about my team is terrible. it's a miracle that i'm not in last.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
True to today's game of baseball, Houston and Miami are the worst teams.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Best slugging percentage in all of baseball. Get at me :smuggo:

e: wait poo poo I thought that 6 was an 8. oh well close enough

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 27, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Alan Trammell posted:

Best slugging percentage in all of baseball. Get at me :smuggo:

I guess the Rockies do deserve a slight adjustment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monicro posted:

I'm lazy and this way I don't have to resize it to keep it from breaking tables

angrygodofjebus posted:

From the previous stats Clay Buchholz has the most starts of my SPs for some reason (he's supposed to be the third starter) and he stinks. I'm not sure what the logistics of switching up rotations are, but if it's feasible, make him SP5 and throw anyone else in his place/move everyone else up. Also make Aaron Loup the closer and move Cody Allen to setup. Sample size decisions up in here.

The best answer I can come up with is that the default for rotation order is "strict, on occasion highest rested" and he might have just gotten so hammered in a start or two that he was more rested than one of the top two starters at some point so it just threw him back out there.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 27, 2014

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

IcePhoenix posted:

The best answer I can come up with is that the default for rotation order is "strict, on occasion highest rested" and he might have just gotten so hammered in a start or two that he was more rested than one of the top two starters at some point so it just threw him back out there.

that actually sounds about right

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How are the team power rankings calculated?

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
So all those modifications I sent you before the season started? Reset them all, because there's no way I should be the worst team in baseball.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
So, on one hand, what the gently caress Philly. I'm doing better than every other team in the national league except you, and you have to be in my division. Jerks. On the other hand: Nationals greatness, Kershaw for life, and the wild card is mine!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

How are the team power rankings calculated?

I have no idea, probably some combination of record and run differential in the last week (they are done every Monday)

July 1st, 2014

an * means the streak is still active

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

In the top 5 of 10 of 18 categories (and top 10 of 14) :c00lbutt:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

jesus gently caress does my entire team have an ice cube next to it?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Zobrist and Jaso are giving me a big ol hardon

samsies with felix and cueto

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Chris Davis with 17 dingers, gently caress you and your regression PECOTA. also, hahaha what @ Brandon Crawford having 24 doubles and Archer winning pitcher of the month.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

Mike Trout.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Laderhan posted:

Chris Davis with 17 dingers, gently caress you and your regression PECOTA. also, hahaha what @ Brandon Crawford having 24 doubles and Archer winning pitcher of the month.

I dunno, his regressing hard is a thing that is actually happening so I'd say that's an accurate thing.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I dunno, his regressing hard is a thing that is actually happening so I'd say that's an accurate thing.

I'm just talking about the game, though. I know it's accurate to real life, unfortunately.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Tyson Ross is on my team?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Welp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infidel Castro posted:

Tyson Ross is on my team?

He's on the dodgers but was playing against you that game. Looks like it's just a glitch.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Any chance of getting San Diego's Pitching and hitting stats?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Any chance of getting San Diego's Pitching and hitting stats?

No. gently caress you. gently caress our division. 4 teams within 1.5 games and the worst is only 5 out...this division is too competitive.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Pander posted:

No. gently caress you. gently caress our division. 4 teams within 1.5 games and the worst is only 5 out...this division is too competitive.

This is actually the Best Division, because of the reasons you juts listed.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
LET'S GO PIRATES!

I'd like to see anything you could give me about the Pirates, hitting or pitching.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can you take Arreta out of the 5 hole for me and move him to Long Relief/Spot Starter and go to a 4 man rotation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Hey could I see my pitching rotation. I'm wondering if I should move Glasnow into the rotation.

• Locked thread