Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFlyingLlama posted:

jesus goddamn christ. Not one player hitting .300?

Okay, time to trade off all my decent players for prospects. Miggy's on the auction block, so's Ellsburry and anyone in my rotation/bullpen you'd want. Just make a halfway reasonable offer in the thread and I'd probably take it. Now, I'd bench Baez except that Tejada isn't actually hitting any better. For the moment

Miggy moves to 3B
Duda moves to 1B
McLouth moves to RF.

Lineup should be

Jacoby
Miggy
Hamilton
Duda
McLouth
Salty
Baez
Lindsey

This isn't a multi year league so I'm not really going to let you trade miggy for prospects

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Could I see the Cubs' stats when you have a chance?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

IcePhoenix posted:

This isn't a multi year league so I'm not really going to let you trade miggy for prospects

Hm. Okay. Can I trade him for less good players and prospects, or is it basically a case where Miggy's untradeable because of league balance/possible collusion reasons?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Hm. Okay. Can I trade him for less good players and prospects, or is it basically a case where Miggy's untradeable because of league balance/possible collusion reasons?

It's probably the latter, unfortunately. Like, you'd really need to get another elite-ish player back for it to work out, otherwise it's not really fair to the rest of the league.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

IcePhoenix posted:

It's probably the latter, unfortunately. Like, you'd really need to get another elite-ish player back for it to work out, otherwise it's not really fair to the rest of the league.

Fair enough then.

Rotation/Bullpen and Ellsbury are still on the board though, for anyone looking for some pitching or a CF.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Fair enough then.

Rotation/Bullpen and Ellsbury are still on the board though, for anyone looking for some pitching or a CF.

I could use a starter. What are you looking for? I have some COF depth.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Alright, really wanna make a move to get a decent hitting OF/2B/DH. I'd probably trade one of them plus one of my excellent pitchers if anyone is offering.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
IcePhoenix, could I see the Pirates expanded stats?

seiferguy, I might be interested in trading depending on how my guys are doing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Made a trading block spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rfu4GTdBodFONgyAOWwBFNhsyEuckqRWk7GmFXUGk-4/edit?usp=sharing

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Can you add Mat Latos to this? I'm at work which disallows google docs.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Can you add Mat Latos to this? I'm at work which disallows google docs.

Latos for Pence? Strikes me as reasonably fair.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The Cubs would be willing to trade pitching. I'm looking for bats, particularly outfield. It would need to be more than a one player trade so I'd give you a pitching upgrade and get your hitter and then you'd give me a lesser pitcher and I'd give you a lesser hitter.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh yeah, that's important. Make sure to match up so both teams end up with 25 players at the end of the deal.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Clay Buchholz loving sucks. I'd like to reorder my rotation if I could so that it's:

Cole
Wheeler
Scherzer
Griffin
Buchholz

But god drat my bullpen pretty much owns.

K/BB:
Allen 63/9
Salas 48/12
Loup 50/13
Downs 22/5

I'd be willing to trade a good bullpen arm for any decent hitter. He doesn't have to be great, just anything better than a .600 OPS. Position isn't important as he'll play DH/1B. But it would need to be a trade like tadashi outlined (I send you good RP/worse hitter, I get a worse RP/better hitter back).

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

angrygodofjebus posted:

Clay Buchholz loving sucks. I'd like to reorder my rotation if I could so that it's:

Cole
Wheeler
Scherzer
Griffin
Buchholz

But god drat my bullpen pretty much owns.

K/BB:
Allen 63/9
Salas 48/12
Loup 50/13
Downs 22/5

I'd be willing to trade a good bullpen arm for any decent hitter. He doesn't have to be great, just anything better than a .600 OPS. Position isn't important as he'll play DH/1B. But it would need to be a trade like tadashi outlined (I send you good RP/worse hitter, I get a worse RP/better hitter back).

Would you like a Ryan Howard? I would like to MAKE A DEAL

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
IP can I get the Angels expanded hitting stats? I'd like to maybe trade a dude for relief pitching since deGrom is awful and bad.

Edit: Chisenhall has 15 dingers at the all-star break and he's platooned, what the fuuuuck. How does this team have the most dingers in the AL??

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 7, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'd like to swap Alvarez and Wood in the rotation spots (Alvarez to SP2, Wood to SP4).

I'd like to swap Pence and Perez in the lineup order, and LaRoche and Chavez in the lineup order.

Final order:

Jason Kipnis L
Mike Trout R
Alex Gordon L
Salvador Perez R
Adam LaRoche L
Hunter Pence R
Eric Chavez L
Alexei Ramirez R
<Pitcher> -

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll probably be open to trades as well. I'll post my expanded stats tonight with the other requests. I know I'm looking for some hitting.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

can i see my stats for masochism reasons

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yeah, same for Baltimore, please. Looks like we have a pretty good offense, but our pitching is dogshit.

If someone wants to make a WILD AND CRAZY move for a couple bats in exchange for starters, I'd be down.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I would just like to see my team page if possible. I think before any trades can be made most people would have to see theirs.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Harlock posted:

I would just like to see my team page if possible. I think before any trades can be made most people would have to see theirs.

As tempted as I am to Rube it up, this is true.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

kensei posted:

Would you like a Ryan Howard? I would like to MAKE A DEAL

Yes I am quite interested in this. Take a look through my pitching and see if there's anything you like.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I have a ton of good relief pitching. Does anybody have a decent third basemen they'd be willing to trade for a reliever?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pander posted:

Latos for Pence? Strikes me as reasonably fair.

If you're still down for this, I'd make it work, but I'd also like to get one of your starters (and I'll trade one of my OFers). Obviously not a starter of... high caliber.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

seiferguy posted:

If you're still down for this, I'd make it work, but I'd also like to get one of your starters (and I'll trade one of my OFers). Obviously not a starter of... high caliber.

Gavin Floyd, take him or don't.

I'd also prefer a bleh IF rather than OF if you had more of them. I'll look and see what lines up when I get home from work.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Before I trade anyone, I would like to see my team page, please.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

My Team Page would be nice to see, yess

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

Mariners Trade
CJ Cron, 1B
Mat Latos, SP

Rockies Trade
Hunter Pence, RF
Gavin Floyd, SP

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pander posted:

Mariners Trade
CJ Cron, 1B
Mat Latos, SP

Rockies Trade
Hunter Pence, RF
Gavin Floyd, SP

Confirmin' this. IcePhoenix, make it happen.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Mariners Trade
CJ Cron, 1B
Mat Latos, SP

Rockies Trade
Hunter Pence, RF
Gavin Floyd, SP

The AI actually completely agreed to this trade.

You guys have like three hours to send me your new lineups/rotations by the way. Not sure why you didn't after you completed the trade :shrug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

Could I see the Cubs' stats when you have a chance?

mentholmoose posted:

IcePhoenix, could I see the Pirates expanded stats?

seiferguy, I might be interested in trading depending on how my guys are doing.

Gorman Thomas posted:

IP can I get the Angels expanded hitting stats? I'd like to maybe trade a dude for relief pitching since deGrom is awful and bad.

Edit: Chisenhall has 15 dingers at the all-star break and he's platooned, what the fuuuuck. How does this team have the most dingers in the AL??

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll probably be open to trades as well. I'll post my expanded stats tonight with the other requests. I know I'm looking for some hitting.

straight up brolic posted:

can i see my stats for masochism reasons

FairGame posted:

Yeah, same for Baltimore, please. Looks like we have a pretty good offense, but our pitching is dogshit.

If someone wants to make a WILD AND CRAZY move for a couple bats in exchange for starters, I'd be down.

Harlock posted:

Laderhan posted:

Before I trade anyone, I would like to see my team page, please.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Dear god I have one pitcher with an era under 5.

gently caress it, no trades can salvage this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FairGame posted:

Dear god I have one pitcher with an era under 5.

gently caress it, no trades can salvage this.

I think it's partially because your defense appears to be terrible

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Well I suppose I shall humbly ask to see my terrible stats as well. I really am shocked the team is doing this badly.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Crap Icephoneix. Was busy. Fixing lineup.

Rotation is "put Latos in #1, Quintana #2, Alvarez #3, Cahill #4, Wood #5"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Lineup vs Both Bats
Jason Kipnis L
Mike Trout R
Alex Gordon L
Salvador Perez R
Adam LaRoche L
Eric Chavez L
Alexei Ramirez R
Leonys Martin L
<Pitcher> -

Martin in RF, replacing Pence.

For DH lineups, add Dyson in place of the pitcher as DH.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Uggghhh, whatever gently caress it, no trades are going salvage my dumpster fire of a team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Move Snydergaard to long relief/spot starter, put Arrieta in his rotation spot
Put Paco Rodriguez back in as closer, why did the game take him out?

• Locked thread