Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Couple ground rules to establish because Dungeon World Inverse World is a little weird on PBP. Rolls will be handled pretty simply. If you're taking an action and the action is something with serious and interesting risk (like using a vine to swing over a flaming pit while bears with sniper rifles fire at you) that's failure doesn't result in 'nothing happens' you should just use orokos to roll 2d6 and add it to your post with a list of your modifiers. When I post I'll tell you what kind of move you used -- the exception being playbook moves which are exceptions to the rules, if you've got anything extra from your playbook its totally legit to say you're using it but it'll be pretty obvious you are anyway.
On Orokos you'll want to add LIGHT IN THE RAIN to the campaign bit when rolling, it's not that I don't trust you. It's that I don't remember half my rolls and this is ideal.
Additionally I'd like every post to contain your name as a link to your sheet (it makes everyone's life easier.)
Without further ado, I give you the worst Inverse World game you're ever going to play and yes I cut this a bit short. I lost some poo poo during a power loss and gently caress it I figure I can reintroduce the stuff later.

Home.
It's a concept you've begun to question recently. Where is 'Home'? Why is it so important? Why does 'Home' have to be one specific place? All of you have been uprooted from what you once saw as 'Home' even if you don't quite remember it.
Even then, you've finally settled down after a few brief months of turmoil in a city of sorts. Where did you or they come from? Well. The sky really. Every time it rains -- and it rains heavily and often -- flashes of light which originally were mistaken for lightning herald the arrival of new visitors, rarely more than two or three a storm. These wanderers and castaways eventually built a small settlement which has been growing day after day, as more technology and even odder things enter the pool of resources.

You all know each other for various reasons and have more or less known each other for a few months now, often working together to fulfill the Explorer's Charter and make a quick buck on the side. It seemed natural then that you'd all sign up as a team to explore a newly discovered desert where there's been word of oddly colored sand and creatures that seem to fade into the earth when even half-glanced at. Hell, even the money's fantastic. You should be able to live decently for awhile after you finish this commission.

Or at least that's what you thought.

The day started with a dream or perhaps a nightmare. A child wandering through the depths of a cavern with nothing but a candle to light his way. Every so often you could hear the loud thump of a heartbeat, as if you were struck by absolute terror.
Finally after what feels like hours the child reaches the end of the cave, the light of the early morning pooling at the entrance. He leaves, and something seems to stir in the darkness behind him. A vast gently luminescent eye opens and blinks twice just before you wake up to the light of dawn.

And then the storm began and never stopped. No one had seen a storm like this on the continent. Relentless and blessed with real lightning, it was as if something had brought something else to the world, something more primal than a simple traveler. Eventually after all of the morning preparations you gather together at the city's wall staring out past Nexus to the north where the deserts are and one of the many Towers of Annidus -- an odd fixture on the continent that numbers in the hundreds, each tower plain, featureless, and without an entrance. One of the more 'normal' flashes of light lights up behind it for a few seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka - Nexus' Northwall

I stare out at the featureless tower for what feels like the millionth time, every nerve in my body jangles with tension. It's the storm. I jump with every thundering crash, every blinding flash reminds me of the home I've lost. An unending storm that heralded the coming of the Chort (Demon) armies of undead.

I look down as I hear a soft grinding squeal, My right hand, in its holy gauntlet, has involuntarily become a fist. I look to the others, a motley group, but decent enough folks. I nod a greeting to Pyotr before turning to address the entire group.

My words are halting and jerky as I work my way clumsily through a language I'm not altogether comfortable with.
"Good day, Ve are all here for za explorink, Da? To get money? No need for speech then, ve are packed? Ve go!"
With that I take one last second to make sure the straps on my pack are tight, I grip my walking staff in my left hand, and I turn to the gate's threshold.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nameless Golem - Nexus' North Wall

The golem stares out at the expanse silently, watching the lightning crack through the haze of the storm. The light in its eyes flickers slowly back and forth between each flash. He could not remember the last time he had seen lightning; but then again, there were many things that he could not remember. Like what the tattered banner on his back meant. Where he came from. Why he survived.

Svetlanka speaks. Her voice is full of passion and and belief that her path is Correct. She was kind to the metal man, and for that he was grateful. Many of the townsfolk were pleasant, but it did not extend past that. When the work was done, so was the interaction. Back to the junkyard. Back to solitude. There was something more about Svetlanka and the motley group of adventurers that compelled the golem to come along on this journey. Something that will need doing. Something that will need protecting.

The golem shifts to face Svetlanka, water coursing through the holes in his body as he does.

.:.It is as you say.:.

pre:
Playbook: The Golem

Name: *construction sounds*

Look: Single Eye (Alternates between right and left, whenever they’re working.), Bulky Body, Falling apart, Armored.

An 11-foot tall bipedal construct, rusted with age. 
It was clearly built for battle, as the remaining armor plating makes plainly obvious. 
Now there are patchy holes in its skin, showing joints, cables, and other assorted glowing bits. 
Its hands look like they could pop a man's head like an overripe melon.

Stats:
Str 16 (+2
Dex 8 (-1)
Con 13 (+1)
Int 12 (+0)
Wis 15 (+1)
Cha 9 (+0)

HP: 23/23
Armor: 2

Damage: d8

Drive: Quest for Identity - Where did my commanding officers go? Where did I come from? 
And what am I going to do now that I'm all alone?

Composition: Solid
You are made of something solid, like iron, stone, or crystal. 
Your body is incredibly difficult to harm, giving you Armor 2.
Force stat: +STR

Gear:
Your Load is 7 + STR = 23
You start with almost nothing.
A personal keepsake you hold dear (0 weight)
 - A tattered battle standard. Partly visible through the grime is an image of a tower on a field of 
vertical blue and white stripes (well, they used to be). It is large enough to wear as a sash or small cape.

Bonds: 
Fill in the name of one of your companions in at least one:

Arcturus  helped make me who I am today.

I care deeply about Karash.

My creator says A voice tells me I must aid Svetlanka DuBrovna.

Avadin Arteka has some kind of control over me.

Starting Moves:

Built for Battle
You were built to fight, and your body is a weapon with the Hand and Close tags.
Detachable - your body has the Near tag, and does not need ammo.
 When you would mark ammo, take 1d4 damage that ignores armor instead.
Violent - your body has the Messy and Forceful tags

Eternal Sentinel
You do not need to eat, drink, or sleep. When a move tells you to mark rations, ignore it. 
However, you cannot be healed by healing potions, bandages, or poultices and herbs. 
You are healed normally by other methods. 1 use of a repair kit can be used to heal you by 4 HP. 

Prime Directive
When someone you have a bond with gives you an order, you take +1 forward to fulfill that order. 
When you take an action that ignores, resists, or directly contradicts an order given to you by someone you have a bond with, 
take -1 to that action. When someone you have a bond with gives you an order you absolutely refuse to follow, 
at any time before the order has been fulfilled, 
you may erase one of your bonds with that player to ignore that order completely.

Unstoppable Force
When you try to remove or plow through all obstacles in your way, roll +Force. 
On a 10+, hold three. On a 7-9, hold two. On a 6-, hold 1, but when you spend it, the GM will add a complication. 
Spend 1-hold at any time to: 
-Force your way past an obstacle in your path 
-Distract, lift, or force aside an obstacle long enough for an ally or two to get past it 
-Cause great damage to an inanimate object or obstacle that is in your way

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 21, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Sagacious Leung

Storms are typically viewed as a symbol of change. The wind that blows down all walls. The rain that washes the slate clean. You do not need to be a sage to know this. But to take a possibly prophetic vision and reexamine it in light of the greatest storm she has seen in her time here, that is a task fit for a sage. A good sage can find a billion portents in this. Perhaps it is a warning, an attempt to draw her away from the chaos to come. Perhaps it is drawing her deeper into the mysteries she will find in the tower. Perhaps there is simply something awakening, and all she can do is withstand whatever it will one day throw at her. Yes, a good sage can find all of that. A great sage knows to admit that she can't make an accurate prediction with what she knows. And so Leung keeps on walking down the road and watches the lightning carve a path through the sky. Or at least, she will until she reaches the city gate. Her companions wouldn't appreciate it if Leung started without them, after all.

"I am here to see what there is to see, priest. The money is simply a fringe benefit." Leung steps past Svetlanka and leans against the city wall, a faint smile on her lips.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Tazaret - Nexus' North Wall

Tazaret tried to relax, but it was hard. Once, weather was something that happened to other people. Now it was just everyday life. Cold, wet, everyday life. She wondered when clouds and rain would stop making her tense. Weather was bad enough even without doubtlessly prophetic nightmares. The situation wasn't totally unfamiliar though. Waiting on your superiors, it seemed, was the same everywhere.

An observer might notice that the raindrops around Tazaret never hit the ground, instead disappearing a foot or so above her head. Despite standing in the middle of a torrential storm, she's bone dry. Never let it be said she isn't petty.

The mage nods. She'd known officers who could blather for hours and say less than what their fearless leader had in a few sentences. 'At least,' Tazaret thought, 'she doesn't waste time.' “Yes ma'am.”

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Stormcrow Pyotr

The mark is starting to burn. Pyotr reaches up to touch his shoulder for a moment, staring up at the clouds. Not close enough, not big enough...not yet.

It will be, probably.

But not yet. There have been bigger. He can remember them. Sometimes good memories. Sometimes not. He returns Svetlanka's nod, looking back at the others.

"I'm ready."

He has very little with him - a small sack tied to his belt, and nothing more. Pyotr already knows that you have to travfel light. He turns to stare back up at the sky for a moment, letting the rain hit his face. He nods once up at the storm.

"Storm's a good sign."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin Arteka - Nexus' North Wall Tick Tock

Looking out over the stormy landscape from beneath the gate's arch, Avadin chuckles to herself at Leung's comment. Well said. Knowledge's value far exceeded that of what they were being paid, and was more interesting besides.

Reaching into her cloak, she pulls out what looks like a large, somewhat irregular, metallic egg. Bringing it up to her face, she whispers to it, and two dots of light appear on it as it unfurls, revealing a head, legs, and wings. The mechanical bird then takes flight, heading north ahead of the group.

After sending the automaton away, she turns to look back at the group, eyes two spots of light in the storm. "Very well, let us proceed."

Sending Ava's clockwork bird out to scout ahead.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Alexander

Alexander stares sullenly out at the Tower in the distance, any fine features obscured by the sheets of rain. He was always a fan of rain growing up, as the damp helped his breathing, and made reading his books that much cozier. No one ever said how depressing the idea of rain without a dry place to sleep truly is, he thinks bitterly. Of course, he has his robes to shield him from the worst of the weather, unlike a certain other.

He glances down to his bag, a faint glow emanating from within. Codeine is peeking out slightly, unable to fly properly in the rain. She emanates a faint chime as she looks up to him, asking a question. "Don't worry, Cody",he says reassuringly,"This is for the greater good, remember?" He begins moving towards the gate, taking care to put himself between Codeine and the scary lady with the giant fist.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Karash, Last Of The Lost
and Home

"Gaskets are holding," says Karash. Home's external speakers add a slight, disturbing mechanical buzz. His words sound harsh, distorted. "So I'm good to go whenever." He thinks to when the gaskets didn't hold, and 2 gallons of water accumulated in his boots. That was pleasant.

They didn't even get to the payment part before Karash said yes. Penance.

"I've got weapons loaded. What are we waiting for?"

pre:
Mad Eyes, Jumpsuit, Burnt Skin, Lanky Body

STR: +0 (9)
DEX: +1 (13)
CON: +1 (15)
INT: +2 (17)
WIS: +0 (11)
CHA: -1 (8)

Drive:
Saving the Day
Dive into danger to protect someone or something
important.

Home
When you wear your Mechanical Suit, you have
1 Armor, and can use the suit as a weapon with a range
of Close. When you Hack & Slash in your suit, roll
+INT instead of +STR.
Full Arsenal: Close. When you attack with this
weapon, choose a tag to add to it: Hand, Reach, +1
damage, Forceful, Messy, or Stun.
Jumper: Jump incredible heights, and take no
damage from controlled falls.
Shields: When you Defend in your suit, gain 1
additional hold, even on a 6-.

Hold Together
When you would take damage while you are in
your suit, you may negate that damage by marking
Stress on your suit. When your suit takes Stress,
mark one of the following:
 Damaged: Your Movement Methods are disabled.
The suit can still walk normally.
 Disabled: Your Advanced Systems are disabled.
Their bonuses do not apply.
 Disarmed: Your Primary Weapons are disabled.
The suit itself can still be used as a Close weapon.
When you Make Camp, you may unmark one
stress to your suit. When every box is marked, your
suit is completely destroyed, and it will take a week to
rebuild.

Let Me See That
When you take a few moments to handle or
examine something interesting, ask the GM two of
the following questions. The GM must answer
truthfully.
 What does this do?
 Who made this?
 What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?
 What has been done most recently with this, or to
this?

Engineering and Mechanics
Your suit is loaded with redundant systems,
and it can take a beating. Add this mark to the Hold
Together move:
 Dinged: You take no penalty for marking this.

Load: 19
You start with dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight),
your mechanical suit (8 weight, 0 weight while worn), a
repair kit (6 uses, slow, 1 weight), and a wrench (hand, 1
weight).
 Bag of books (5 uses, 2 weight)
 Bandages (3 uses, slow, 0 weight)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka - Leaving Nexus

I look over the group once more, my eyes lingering on the strangely familiar man with the dangerous light. No matter.

I whisper a quick Prayer of Protection, asking Torthanc for guidance and benevolence.
I hold my right hand to my heart, as a bright, warm, glow momentarily flares out from between the gauntlet's fingers and symbols.
"In the name of Allfather Torthanc, shining fist of Justice, the Warrior-God, the bringer of Law. Amin."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem - Leaving Nexus

Svetlanka's prayer means nothing to him, but he knows it is time to work. The golem moves to stand next to Karash, kicking up mud as he plods along the soaked ground. The two metal forms make for an imposing presence together.

.:.Assuming standard marching order. For your own protection, remain behind this unit. Comrade Karash, are your systems operating at peak efficiency today?.:.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 15, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sagacious Leung

Prayers, prayers, prayers. It's always prayers with these people. Everyone in this world just feels the need to declare their spirituality to the heavens, as if the heavens truly cared. Spirituality is a matter of the self, and it should be kept to the self whenever possible.

"Don't ask me, Karash. I'm not the reason we're waiting."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Karash

"As close I can get them. For peak I'd need about 5 spare suits and a certified repair man." And all of those are dead. "Nevermind that. Moving out."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Arcturus

Arcturus stands terrified under an awning just a bit away from the party, trying his best not to let his boots get wet in the sloshy mud. Not because of the lightning - oh no, that's a joyous blessing from the heavens! - but because of the water. So, so much water.

"I'm ready, except, you know..." he yells out over the din of the rain. "Oh, why didn't I pack an umbrella..."

He's ready to go when the others are, but he's not gonna like it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr turns to look at Arcturus.

"...really?"

He seems to be, if anything, enjoying the rain. He cracks his knuckles.

"Never needed one, myself."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem

.:.This unit is glad that you are running smoothly, Comrade Karash, despite the current weather.:.

The golem moves to follow the mechanic, but stops as Arcturus speaks.

.:.Comrade Arcturus. Would you like to walk under this unit's banner? It is no trouble to provide modest shelter from the storm.:.

The golem swivels his arms and clasps the hanging edges of the banner on his back; Then he pulls the whole thing out flat behind him. Room for a couple of people under the impromptu tarp, if they don't mind being friendly with one another and the occasional drip.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Arcturus

Arcturus hops under the banner and braces himself...and nothing happens. "This is perfect! Thank you!"

He swivels and dramatically points toward the desert. "Let's be off, then!"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka - Leaving Nexus

I look back at the strange guy, I shake my head and snort softly at his fussiness over rain of all things, but I am heartened at the actions of the junk golem, acting more human than many humans I've met in my travels. I tuck my hair further underneath my hood, pulling it forward to keep the raindrops from my eyes.

"Now, Ve are beink careful, Deserts do not have such vater as this storm, ve must be vigilant for dangers. Like Quicksand." I call back over a shoulder. Wishing we'd been able to recruit a guide for this area.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Alexander

The rainsoaked summoner looks over at the makeshift tarp hopefully. "Arcturus, I hate to be a bother, but could I ask a favor of you?" Alexander begins opening his bag. "I'm fine with this weather, but Codeine hates being cooped up. Is there any chance she could perch on your shoulder while we travel? The two of use would really appreciate it." He plasters a cheesy, hopeful grin on his face.

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
One of the guards atop the gates waves at the lot of you as you walk past with a shout, "More work eh?!" You all know him -- and his companion -- well, Frank and Andy. Good guys and fantastic sentries. The one waving of course is Andy, Frank's prudent. Yes, prudent and bold.

Another three lights lance from the sky above into the deserts ahead of you, followed by a much much larger light that seems to slam into the absolute depths of the desert like a meteor. It's not often big things get drawn to this continent, a bit odd but not too odd.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem

The golem moves along slowly, so as to ensure his "passenger" is kept dry. The summoner, Alexander, makes his request and receives his answer:

.:.Your spirit may take shelter, but we should not delay any longer. Our mission awaits.:.

The lights crash down from the heavens. The golem's expression does not change, but then his face was not designed that way. More arrivals, if the flashes were any evidence. He could not recall his own. These new lights were likely not of much consequence. People came and went. That was how things worked.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Stormcrow

The lights fall - and for all that it's probably not something new, it does look exciting. People coming to the world usually end up in trouble, and sometimes bring chaos with them. Chaos and excitement. More than once, Pyotr's dived into that and not regretted it.

As the lights race down, he runs forward, his skin darkening. The many tattoos over his body shift, fur growing between them and along them, as they become marks and colors. The mark on his back burns through his shirt, the black shining as bright as the lightning flashes for a bare moment as Pyotr embraces the Storm.

The Stormcrow lets out a roar like thunder as it flies up, trying to get a better view of the falling lights. The monstrous beast's laughter (it is laughter, right?) rings out as it flies ahead, to be the first to see what is coming. Excitement and danger are calling, and Pyotr wants to be the first to meet them.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin Arteka Tock Tock

Ava walks after the others, waving back to the guards as they leave. She almost moves to take shelter under the golem, before it even offers, but decides against standing under a giant lightning rod in the middle of a storm. She can deal with a little rain.

When the lightning falls again, directly ahead of them, she is no longer in the midst of the group. Instead, she is many yards ahead, running. While Pyotr will still likely reach the lightning first with his flight, in an instant she's put significant distance between her and the rest of the group. She wants to see what has arrived here on Scolus, and how it reacts to its arrival.

Spending 1-Tick to Time Skip ahead of the group and arrive at the lightning quickly.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka - Into the desert

I watch with concern as the 'harbinger lights' crash down, heralding new arrivals to this bizarre world. People who are likely hurt, tired, or in danger. Torthanc's command is clear where the innocent are concerned.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sagacious Leung

"Is there no one in this world that knows when to take their time?" Leung sighs and rolls her eyes before following the rest of the gang.

What? No, she's not running after them. She's walking with speed after them. There's a difference.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Arcturus

Arcturus laughs as all of his friends jump at the massive, crashing light. "Do not fear the light, friends! You see, if not for that one, we might have wandered the desert for days before finding anything interesting!"

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Tazaret

"I'm not afraid! I just don't like it." The star mage shudders.

Distractedly, Tazaret returns Andy's wave. It was hard to think about pleasantries the sky was falling around you. Seeing two of her party rush ahead, she opts to take a more leisurely pace. It wasn't like the tower was going anywhere, and the golem (and passengers) could only move so fast anyway. Best not to hurry and keep an eye out. (The fact that lightning was more likely to hit the Golem than her is purest coincidence!)

Reading the weather wasn't quite like reading the heavens, but it was a close cousin. The sun moves one way, the clouds move another, and the earth follows suit.

Discern realities: 2d6+2 12
  • What is about to happen?
  • What should I be on the lookout for?
  • What here is not what it appears to be?

Double Plus Undead fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 18, 2014

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
I like harbinger lights, I'll use that to refer to them from now on.

Avadin Arteka's clockwork bird and Pyotr reach the closest one first only to be taken aback.
In the lightly glowing depression lay a young man -- in his 20s roughly -- unconscious and wounded. The smell of rusted batteries is so thick in the air you can practically taste the bitterness of the acid.

The rest reach the scene in short order.

The further harbinger lights are too far into the desert to reach in one day, however in the direction of the biggest is a thick cloud of black smoke vomiting into the sky.

Tazaret has had enough experience to know that harbinger lights often bring groups when they're fighting and spread them apart across the landscape and he's definitely hurt. Is he a victim? Or something worse. Either way the glow around him reminds her of stars in the world she originally came from, something rather impossible considering the circumstances of her arrival.

PixelScum fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 19, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka - Helping the Newcomer

I rush forward into the depression to check on the wounded young man. I mutter prayers intermixed with the steps to diagnosing injuries, all in my native Rushlan language.

After making sure he breathes and that I've found the extent of his wounds, I lay my gauntleted hand over his chest, I bow my head and recite the mantra-of-wholeness-for-the-impoverished-and-needy. I can feel the warmth of the light on my face as it shines out around my fingers and suffuses the young man's body. But something's not right...

Divine Ward +WIS: 2d6+2 4
Welp +XP, :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin Arteka Tock Tock

Well, that is less than ideal. Looking up at her bird, Avadin points towards the further lights. "Raum, investigate." After giving the order, she turns her gaze back to the individual in the crater and her comrades, whose attempts at assisting the boy seem to be going poorly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr lands, staring down at the boy. He sniffs the air, then sniffs again at the boy.

Could be dangerous. Might not be. Too soon to say.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sagacious Leung

Leung kneels down next to Svetlanka, silently taking the stick out of her mouth and slips it into her breast pocket. There is a mystery here, and Leung is going to solve it. The question, what world did this poor bastard fall from? The answer must be here. After all, one can never completely leave their homeland behind. There must be some hint of it here. In the pattern of the scorch marks, in the acrid tang of the air, on his clothes. Something, somewhere, has to have something to discover. If she can't find even a hint, she does not deserve the title Sagacious.

So, uh, it's kind of hard to describe "closely studying a person or situation", so I'm just going to hope that I have justified Discerning Realities. Discern Realities?: 2d6+1 6 Well, bad news is better than no news, right? Right?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem

The golem treads up behind the rest of the group, the metallic clunk of its gait audible even through the falling rain. It stares at the Fallen Man. The others are acting. There are no Orders, but it must act. An intolerable scenario.

.:.Awaiting course of action. What must this unit do?.:.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Tazaret

The smell hits her first, and she draws her gun on instinct. She holsters it as soon as she gets a look at the newest arrival and sees that he isn't going to hurt anyone right now, and possibly ever again.

Tazaret approaches him cautiously, trying to stay out of Svetlanka's way as she works. The glow around the new guy was too too familiar. 'Don't get your hopes up...'

“That light, I've seen it before--”

Aid Leung: 2d6+1 5 Well, more XP for us at least.

No, there was no point in bothering her with pointless recollections.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Karash

"Move." Karash moves closer to the injured man. "Home, activate medical scan."

A blue interlace plays out across the body of the man. "Huh."

Let Me See That

 What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?
 What has been done most recently with this, or to
this?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka - Unwelcome Visions

I cry out as something goes wrong in my prayer. The light flashes beneath my gauntlet-ed hand unbearably bright, and I see a vision of nameless, horrible things and another world, for just a split second before the divine energy surges back through me, throwing me back a dozen feet.

I lay on the wet ground, stunned and staring up into the rain. I taste acid and blood.
After a moment I regain my feet. I walk back to the wounded man, undeterred, I shoulder my way through my companions to get back at him, determination sets a cast upon my features that only Pyotr has likely seen before (since he and I have been working together the longest) as if the problem were a physical thing, and I were about to kick its rear end.

I kneel once more, paying no heed to the mud staining my white tabard, I place the gauntlet upon the man's chest once more. And this I begin my prayer again, but I pray harder. This simple healing mantra has taken on notes of an Exorcism. 'The power of Torthanc compels you, rear end in a top hat.' the thought makes my mouth quirk in a grim smirk as I work.
C'mon Torthanc, please answer your faithful...
Second verse same as the first: Divine Ward +WIS: 2d6+2 11
Heal 1d8 damage: 2
An approaching enemy (The huge worm thing, or other spiritual response from this incident whatever fits best)is driven back.

This time the familiar warm glow suffuses the chest of the man, his breathing eases and his wounds that I can see begin to slowly knit themselves together, not perfectly, but better than before. The light of Torthanc lifts the pall of oppressive Doom that had been weighing me down the last few moments. I sit back on my heels, looking down at the man and catching my breath.

"Is good now, Da?" I ask breathlessly and look around at the others.

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Lightning strikes in the distance suddenly and both Tazaret and Leung realize they should get him under cover while Svetlanka starts to completely freak out.

The pouring rain spatters against the cracked and battered earth, somehow still dry and warm to the touch from some subterranean heat source.

Karash's sensors paint an interesting picture. Most people wake up minutes after their arrival however this person seems to have been put into some kind of stasis, why? Not sure. But one thing you do know is you'll probably need the aid of both Tazaret and Ava to bring him back. Time and Space are very, very potent things. However what wounds the young man has are healing visibly, which is...impressive to say the least.

Sorry for not mentioning earlier but I fed Svetlanka some weird visions while I was working as part of the hard move I got to make.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr sniffs at the man, then turns to watch Svetlanka. In this form, he can't speak so well, but her sudden hurling back in a burst of light was kind of strange. He makes quizzical monster noises, then noses at the man again, then shrugs, looking around to see if anything dangerous has drawn near.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sagacious Leung
XP: 1

Hmph. Leung can't work in conditions like this. Not while Svetlanka is pouring divine energy all over the impact site. The rain isn't helping either, mind you, but she can handle it. The man can't. He should be healed enough to travel once he wakes up, but until then he's just another sack of grain getting waterlogged in the rain.

"Golem. If you need a task, keep the rain off the survivor." Leung turns away from the impact and stares out at the city in the distance. Just far enough to make things difficult. This man's path is going to be a difficult one to walk, that's for certain. She sighs and looks over at Tazaret.

"I hope you have something that could put a roof over his head. I certainly don't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Tazaret

Lurks With Wolves posted:

"I hope you have something that could put a roof over his head. I certainly don't."

"I think I might, at that." Tazaret makes a quick open-sesame gesture with her hands.

Fold Space: 2d6+2 10

The sky above the young man twists, while an identically sized patch in the distance suddenly starts pouring twice as much rain. The star mage dusts her hands off, satisfied with her portal-brella.

"Not much of a shelter wall-wise, but he'll be dry." She turns her attention to Svetlana. "Is it safe to move him ma'am? If the other two arrivals are in the same condition we'll need to get there quickly."

• Locked thread