Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Arcturus (XP: 1)

Arcturus makes a face and jumps aside as Tazaret's grenade blasts a chunk of the thing's flesh away, spewing blood in the spot he'd just been standing in. "Ew."

He pulls his bow's string back and an arrow of light forms; he looses it and it pierces the thing's mask!

Volley
[16:51] Hashtags !r 2d6+1
[16:51] Krysmbot Hashtags, 9+1 = 10
[16:52] Hashtags !r 1d6
[16:52] Krysmbot Hashtags, 4 = 4 damage, piercing 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Since the golem is out of sync I'm going to hit them with their poo poo first to sort of play catch up while the people who still need to post can get the gumption to do so.

Golemville, USA
The stone the golem grips begins to tilt into the abyss, stopping as the chasm closes up. The nearby sand rumbles and shifts as something -- something big -- begins to move away from the scene, sand thrown upward in its wake.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr - 2 XP - 24/26 HP

2 damage - Survive drops 8 to 4, and then -2 off that from Armor.

Pyotr meets the ghost-creature head on, bracing himself and roaring. It slams into him, but he only skids back a few inches, a line of blood trickling down the corner of his mouth. Nothing more. He laughs, moving to grab the faces and wrestle through them. They're going for Tazaret...and while he could just go directly for the strange thing directing them, Pyotr has a different cause.

Certainly, he loves to hurl himself into danger. But he's not going to let the others die because of him. He plants himself in front of Tazaret, hunching low and flexing his hands. "You want her? Come through me first, dead thing. I know your voice! You've never been able to get through me before, and tonight won't be the first!"

Reminders of the Past: When you meet a traveler or enemy you've met before (your call), tell the GM of your last encounter with them. The GM will tell you how
they've changed since then.

Pyotr's never seen this particular enemy before, but he's faced ghosts and the dead, spirits of this type. He's seen some of the faces in there before - the dead call for the living, try to bring them into the world of death and oblivion. Last time Pyotr faced a mass of the dead, he wrestled with them and received a terrible scar but drove them away.

Also, Defend: 7. Holding 2.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Notorious G.L.M.

*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*

The remains of the fissure echoed as the golem climbed up the rock face. It methodically punched a hole into the stone, pulled up, and then repeated the process. Soon enough, it is standing back on stable ground. It watched as the sandwake drifts off into the distance. It had heard stories of the Silico-megalodons from some of the more experienced explorers. Giant mouths full of endless rows of teeth, and an appetite to match. The golem surmised that perhaps the beast was not the most patient hunter; it left quite rapidly after it failed to get much in the way of prey. Its loss. For the golem's efforts in escaping the beast, a fair bit of the built-up rust had been scraped away by the sandfall. It wasn't shiny, but it was at least smoother; well, aside from all the sand in its joints. That wasn't smooth at all.

After the dust settled, the golem gazed off into the distance to get its bearings. The sun has already traveled far along its arc. Perhaps the other groups would be stopping to rest soon; it would catch up soon, then. Picking a point it felt equidistant from either group - for it could not be sure exactly where they had gone - the golem once again traveled onward through the desert.

First, it encountered a flock of Razor Vultures. Their feathers were often used for a variety of cutting tools and other supplies. Luckily for the golem, the vultures weren't interested in a creature without meat, and it passed through them without much incident aside from some minor vandalism.

Then it passed through a field of Ghost Cacti. Troubling things; they have the distinct natural ability to turn invisible, with the oldest specimens turning intangible as well. Their habit of returning to sight just before impact did little to halt the golem, which just plowed through without much fuss.

Every time the golem encountered a new bit of flora or fauna - Sun Vipers or Gypsum Skinks, for example - it couldn't help but notice that most of these creatures just wanted to be left alone. Even if they did try to make a meal, they reconsidered after getting a better appraisal of what was on the menu. Survival, risk, reward, and a sense of natural order. Things were different out here in the desert.

In Nexus, people did things for reasons other than food, or shelter, or duty. Sometimes they did things for fun. Sometimes that fun was...cruel? Yes. Cruel was the word. Throwing small stones at the golem. Daring each other to wake it up, not realizing that it never slept. It did not want to hurt anyone in town. The situation they all shared was...stressful. Yes, stressful. Others did not have the clarity of purpose that the golem had. No, claimed to have.

Duty. Defend.Destroy.

These were the thoughts the golem woke to, and they still remained emblazoned into every moment. So far it had resisted the third command. So far.

The sun moved onward, sinking below the horizon. Quiet fell like a great blanket over the desert. Looking ahead, the golem could see lights. It could only be its comrades.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin Arteka Tick Tock

"Hm." Avadin listens to what Raum has to say, then whispers back to it. "Find the others, tell them what you saw. Return to me afterward." She lifts Raum up and lets it alight away again, thinking. She probably won't make it to the soldier before they did, unless she went after it all night, so they may as well be warned of what was coming. Hopefully, they would find some way to deal with this strange phenomenon, should the knight prove to be a threat.

After sending the bird away, she turns to the others. "If you are in need of rest, I am open to waiting."

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 7, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Karash

"Tazaret, get behind me damnit!" Pyotr can take the blow- Karash knows that. Tazaret less so. "Come at me, monster!" The hard shell of the suit groans as Karash's "modifications" kick in. The fist-actuators whir into overdrive and he slams his armored hand into the beast. "BACK WITH YOU!" His hand plunges into the beast, but does not seem to hurt it. "What the-"

KZA, 2+2 = 4 Hack and Slash. dang.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Alexander Pact:1

"I vote we wait right here. Cody can only glow so brightly, and I'd hate to stumble across something unpleasant in the dark."

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
The Canyons of the Armored Man
The Heartseeker is engulfed in a blast of flame, and blood and torn hearts and arteries rain on the battlefield, however three ghost streams have cornered Tazaret and are diving at her with unparalleled speed.
Arcturus' arrow of light is partially deflected by a barely visible gleam, the light exposing the outline of a bubble of some sort surrounding the Heartseeker and tears through a grotesque multi-jointed arm.
Pyotr manages to un-corner Tazaret and face down the mass of ghosts himself and he realises now. Those ghosts before were free, these are... chained, howling at the beck and call of their deadly master.
Karrash -- momentarily distracted by the creature's sheer toughness -- finds himself lifted into the air by an immense invisible fist and tossed toward Pyotr like a missile.

THE SANDS OF TURTLE SAND ISLAND
Since that's a consensus really I'm going to move on
Despite the momentary thought that the crab would notice the campfire, the lot of you manage to set up camp just in time for the night and rest safely.
Well, until the sun disappears behind the horizon.
Magical and artificial light start to fade as the sands take on an almost otherworldly appearance, completely invisible in the darkness save for thousands of motes of colored light. Green, blue, pale yellow, and even red flicker and pulse through the sand. Abruptly you realise that the desert of glass is far more apt a name than you'd ever realised, every last grain a tiny piece of glass.
Even the light of the moon failed to light up the sands, leaving you floating in an incredibly disorienting multi-colored star-field. Even your tactile senses have started to become confused, the supposed sand shifting beneath your every step.
Something in the distance lets out a gurgling call and even more seem to join it and the sound of crunching footsteps approaches closer to the camp, it's source still unseen.

PixelScum fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 12, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I assume one of us would've been on watch?

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Yeah, the Make Camp and Take Watch moves apply, though the fruits of them won't apply immediately

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka
HP 21/21, Armor 0/0+2, XP 1/8

I sit a comfortable distance from the fire, close enough to feel some heat on my back, but far enough to not spoil my night vision. I keep watch, but occasionally spare glances around at the bizarre beauty of this broken world.

I first notice the soft fssh, fssh, fssh of steps in the sand, I furrow my brow in confusion. That sounds like ocean waves.

The sounds grow closer, and I realize they're footsteps moving through the sand, just then I pick up another sound. a sibilant hissing and gurgling, it rises and falls in an odd rhythm. it takes me a moment to recognize it for what it is. Something, multiple something whispering and coming right for us.

I grab my staff, and begin rousing people as quietly but quickly as I can. "Danger comink, hurry please!" I whisper to each person I can reach. While everyone else is making ready I stride back to the edge of camp, hold up my gauntleted hand in a universal sign of 'halt' and invoke the purifying majesty of Torthanc.
Divine Ward +WIS 10
Take +1 forward to Defy Danger
An approaching enemy is driven back

as my invocation reaches its crescendo, the metal of my gauntlet begins a heat-less glow, brighter and brighter, until it is difficult to look directly at. Within a wide area around me, the campsite is lit up as if it were daylight.

We stand strong under the watchful gaze of Torthanc.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Hey K Prime, how OK are you with me using Karash like a giant pinball?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Let me put it this way: I can survive any controlled fall.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
So I should or should not?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Of course you should you goober!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Never not fastball pinball special

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Tazaret
HP: 16/16, Armor: 1, XP: 1->2/8

Tazaret has enough time to notice the light from Arcturus's arrows reflecting off of something before the spirits reach her. Panic at being cornered gives way to relief as Pyotr jumps in front of her, to give way to panic again as she notices Karash being hurtled towards their position. She doesn't know what will happen if the spirits touch her, but being squashed flat is entirely within her comprehension. Thankfully, so is the solution.

“Karash, brace yourself!”

Before Karash can connect, a portal in space opens and Karash sails through it.

Fold space to redirect Karash: 2d6+2 4

On a 6-, you still make a connection, but it isn't between the places you wanted it to be.
The GM will tell you what went wrong.

In theory, Karash would exit inside of the Heartseeker's force field and tear it apart. In theory. It was a brilliant plan, it just didn't work.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Sagacious Leung
XP: 1

The meditative arts of the Temple Ephemereal are a strange thing. One must force their awareness inward to drive their consciousness upward into the astral planes. And then the astral form's senses are forced inward, and again the consciousness goes upward, and so on until the monk's will can bring themselves no higher. The true masters can even force their astral self down into the material world for a time. Leung has only begun practicing this art, manifesting a hand for a few seconds at most, but the apostate will become a master in time.

Of course, none of that matters when an itinerant priest drags you back to the physical world just because someone is approaching the camp. Still, it's probably for the best that Leung is awake and aware enough to greet their guest.

"You don't need to ward away every other traveler on the path, you know. Every meeting is not a battle." She dusts the glowing sand off her legs as she stands up, but there's still a certain looseness to her stance that shows that Leung isn't as certain in their guest's good will as she says.

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Ship Team
Unfortunately even as the light bursts into existence, the darkness seems to push back against it and dimming it slightly. The sands seem to refuse definition still, remaining as translucent as the night itself while your light reveals your allies and gear.
The fire light snuffs out as a large but lazy-looking lizard mostly-composed of a hazy-clear mineral trundles out of the darkness. It sniffs and snorts a few times and looks at Svetlanka and -- sensing the threat -- slowly turns and retreats into the darkness.
The calls grow more numerous, though no closer.

Tazaret:
Theory never really prepared Tazaret for the resulting impact of a person in powered armor thrown with the raw force of a terrifying entity's own mind.

Tazaret is going to take damage:
Karrash Bullet: 1d6+2 8

Nameless Golem
The Golem had finally arrived, staring down at the battle between its friends and the Heartseeker from atop a canyon wall, cape fluttering in the wind.
Blood was everywhere, though whether or not it was the party's wasn't immediately obvious. However, the danger the Heartseeker posed WAS obvious.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXNnPuIme48

The lights flash brighter as the Golem crests the lip of a canyon. From above, it can see everything; the swirling ghosts, the desperate fight of its allies, and directly below it stood the abomination responsible. The golem could feel the malevolence of the creature. Its only purpose was to cause suffering, and that was something that the golem could not abide.

There was no time to hesitate. Taking a few steps back first, the golem runs and dives off of the cliff face, arms locked into a devastating elbow drop as its makeshift cape whips in the air behind it. The last rays of the setting sun glint off of the golem as it goes over the edge, and for a moment it appears as though a rust-red star is falling. And then there is an explosion of sand, stone, and gore. The impact echoes along the canyon walls like thunder. Through the dust and bloodmist, a single blue eye flickers and glows.

.:.Comrades, this unit has returned.:.

-----------------------------------------
FROM THE TOP ROPE (Hack and Slash): 2d6+2 10

Risking harm for extra damage
FROM THE TOP ROPE (Damage+Risk): 1d8+1d6 2 :vince:

Pixelscum offered a reroll because goddamn.
FROM THE TOP ROPE (Damage+Risk+GM Whims): 1d8+1d6 9

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 12, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Karash

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Space warping doesn't make the trip any easier on Karash's stomach. He manages to regain some control just in time to realize he's headed straight for Tazaret. If it had still been Pyotyr, he might have let it be- the Stormcrow has taken worse than that. But against the fragile space-wizard he's got to do something. "TCH!" He fires the maneuvering thruster on the starboard hull, and spins into the ground with a thud, bouncing him clear of Tazaret's back.

As soon as his head stops spinning for the second time he evaluates. The gyroscopes have put him back on his feet, facing the creature. "Fine, if that's how you want to play." He raises his suit's left hand, the one that isn't actually directly attached to his left hand. "FIRE!"

His fist rockets across the gap on a chain, punching the creature right in the "face."

Spending 1 hold to redirect Tazaret's damage to myself, then using the Dinged slot on my suit to absorb it.

Adding the Reach tag to my attack.
Hack and Slash: 2d6+2 7
Damage: 1d8 5

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Svetlanka
HP 21/21, Armor 0/0+2, XP 2/8

"In this place, Lee-yung, precaution while meeting the unknown is wisest." I try to keep my annoyance at the monk's jabs out of my voice, my eyes continue searching the dark for any sign of what's out there.
Discern Reality +Wis 4, +XP :eng99:
But just now I realize what a stupid mistake I've made, I don't know how long I can hold this ward, and the bright light is probably a beacon for all sorts of unknown dangers, not to mention making attempts to actually see anything tougher. I'm glad my features are hidden under my hood, I'd hate for Leung to see how red my face is right now.
"Eblan Anka, Eblan." I mutter under my breath. I am indeed, a dumbass.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin Arteka Tick Tock

Ava, sitting some way away, looks up, watching the lizard trundle away. Not yet standing up, she scoops up a handful of the glass-sand, letting it fall through her fingers as she thinks. She's seen this before. The darkness, the howls; it was long, long ago, but she remembers. Something is doing this, and it's going to make its move soon.

Spout Lore: 2d6+2 = 10. Spouting Lore about the darkness and its source. Ava is just a font of knowledge.

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
It's Raining Armored Men, Hallelujah
Even as the dust clears, the creature -- sans a good deal of hearts -- begins to seethe with red tinted steam rising off of it's body. With the invisible shield around it now cracked and broken the fired fist slams into the skull and tears off a horn, sending blood everywhere. Still, it stands. Suddenly the red gleam in the eyesockets of the skull bursts outward with a flash of bright light and a huge crimson beam cuts across the landscape toward Karrash even as the golem finds itself being pushed backwards violently with telekinetic force.

Holy Ship It's Dark
Avadin's realisation comes almost too late as she shouts warning to Svetlanka even as the colored motes floating in the abyss seem to swirl and boil upward, bursting through the sand where Svetlanka stood just moments before and blasting into the sky like a geyser of neon fluids. Where the liquid fell it began to hiss violently. The geysers are swirling beneath the earth and blasting out amongst the sands all around you. Even worse, Avadin knows that this phenomena only occurs in the nesting grounds of a rare breed of scorpion, as large as a human being with the ability to generate any amount of acid within its own body and secrete it in massive quantities.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin Arteka Tick Tock

"Everyone up! We can't stay here." Avadin stands up and begins to move, motioning for the others to follow her. "The things here are far worse than anything we'll find out there. Get moving."

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Tazaret
HP: 16/16, Armor: 1, XP: 2/8

As one giant metal man narrowly avoids landing on her and another drops from the heavens, Tazaret takes the opportunity to consider the situation. The hearts must be key to its control of the spirits, it would not seek them so fervently otherwise. So if it had fewer hearts, wouldn't it naturally become weaker? And the goat skull must be important somehow, otherwise why would an amalgamation of hearts even have one? So if the two could be separated...

Portal cut!: 2d6+2 8
The portal is unsafe to use for some reason, probably because I'm using it to chop a guy in half.
Damage: 1d6 3

Chanting perhaps louder than the situation really warrants Tazaret opens a portal beneath the Heartseeker, only to close it with a squelch before the monster can fall all the way through.

Double Plus Undead fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 15, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sagacious Leung

"Well, Svetlanka, you know what they say. Danger is like the rain." Leung slings her bag back over her shoulder and begins to follow Avadin, narrowly avoiding a gout of acid. "No matter how hard you try to keep it out, it always finds a way in."

And so the apostate walks into the desert night, with the most knowing smile plastered on her face.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem
HP: 23/23 | Armor 2 | XP: +1

No sooner does the golem finish speaking, than it is seized by some malevolent force emanating from the abomination in front of it. It struggles to stand firm and push back against the creature's invisible pressure. One step, two, three. Slowly it treads towards the pulsating hearts, arm outstretched and ready to crush.

And then its feet leave the ground and the golem finds itself flying smoothly backwards at an alarming speed.

Defy Danger (Con): 2d6+1 5

My first failure XP

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Karash

"Oh crap- Emergency leap!" Karash flexes his legs.

Nothing happens. The systems maaaaaybe a little jarred at the moment.

Karash faces the approaching beam with dignity. "Oh god oh god please hold shields"

Defy Danger: 2d6+1 4

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Spending 1 of my 2 Defend hold. The attack on Karash is redirected to me.

Pyotr is no longer thinking, just moving. Karash vanishes, so Pyotr glances back, then over at the creature. These ghosts are serving it, and it is the real threat here. He can cow ghosts easily. But this...

He lunges forward, placing himself between Karash and the creature. The telekinetic wave strikes his body...but as he lunges, Pyotr transforms. His body expands, sprouting claws, fur and feathers. His wings spread wide, and his tail lashes behind him as he lets out the terrible cry of the stormcrow, his claws sinking into the earth as he lands.

The telekinetic force strikes...and breaks upon his body, pushing him barely an inch as his claws dig furrows in the stone.

8 on Survive. I ignore all effects of the attack except damage. Spending my other Defend hold to reduce the damage by half.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 15, 2014

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Armored Man Mode
Sand is glassed and stone is scorched in the beam's wake, leaving a smokey haze where it struck. A silhouette appears in front of Karrash, lit up by the brilliant beam for a few brief seconds only for it to fade -- it's energy expended entirely.
The golem -- sliding at roughly the speed of a hot rod -- slams into a rock and bounces even as the phantoms floating in the air writhe and converge, forming a stream of death aimed at the golem.

Tazaret's magic does exactly what she'd expected. Or at least it mostly does. A loud, wet thud hits the ground behind her and she can hear loud scrabbling and hissing sounds. A quick glance is all she needs to know to see that the lower torso is standing, looks very angry, and has sprouted an entire nest of spitting black vipers, which have started to gather their venom.
Meanwhile the upper torso's started growing new legs, formed from what few hearts it has left.

Damage VS Pyotr: 1d10+3 13, Pyotr only takes 4 thanks to spending hold and armor.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Karash

"Move, Pyotr!"

The targeting reticules lights up on Karash's eye. "Thank you, friend. Let's give this a little payback."

The suit pings. "LOCKED ON."

Karash hits the trigger.

The guns open up like thunder- some of them probably are thunder, judging by the SONIC SUBDUER label. "RAAAAAAAAA!"

The cacaphony dies, leaving the suit standing, looking rather drained. "I hope that worked..."

Hack and Slash: 2d6+2 8
Taking +1 damage from Full Arsenal
Damage: 1d8+1 4

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem
HP: 23/23 | Armor 2 | XP: 2

The golem lies upside-down against a slab of stone. Wiping the dirt from its eyes, it sees the howling faces of tortured souls flying towards it, intent on destruction.

There is no time to get out of the way. The golem thinks fast. If the heart-creature - now in two parts? when did that happen? - is controlling the wills of these spirits, then an equally strong will should be able to deflect them. The golem starts chanting internally to marshal its mental energy.

.:.This Unit shall not break. This Unit shall not break.:.

The spirits slam into the prostrate golem without pause, and begin their fiendish work.

--------------
Defy Danger (Wis): 2d6+1 3

Hooray more XP

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 15, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Arcturus (XP: 1)

Arcturus fires another arrow at the demons, but he misses; it whizzes past the beast and bursts into a brilliant flash of light.

The monsters are silhouetted against the bright light, and he can see them dragging themselves ever closer...

Bend Light to blind the snakes
[20:18] Hashtags !r 2d6+2
[20:18] Krysmbot Hashtags, 3+2 = 5
[20:18] Hashtags nevermind

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Tazaret
HP: 16/16, Armor: 1, XP: 2/8

"I don't know what I expected."

Tazaret retrieves her guidance core only to be confronted with twice the opposition. “Perhaps I was wrong, maybe it's a genus loci. That would explain the snakes.” Snakes live in the desert right?

The core pulses with cyan light, casting strange shadows across her face as she tosses it hand to hand, trying to decide between targets. Then, apparently at random, she throws a wicked curve that hits the be-skulled half straight on.

Volley at the Heartseeker: 2d6+1 7
Gimme danger!
Damage: 1d6 6
Messy, ignores armor

Back home, every starship had at least one ghost light on the outside, to protect against the spirits of those who died in the void. The Capital Ships ghost lights were multicolored prismatic works of art, but even the most meager lifeboat had something to draw the attention of the dead away from the living. It had been a subject of contention between meta-physicians and religious scholars as to why the ghost lights worked, but the point was this: ghosts liked bright, shining lights. It really would have behooved Tazaret to remember that.

Spout lore on ghosts: 2d6+1 8

Double Plus Undead fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 15, 2014

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Alexander Pact: 1

Codeine chimes angrily as Alexander begins trudging into the night behind the monk. "I know you'd just gotten into a comfy position, Cody, but," ALexander gestures at the acidic geysers behind him," I don't think you'd still be that comfortable right now!"

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 17, 2014

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Armored Own Zone
The explosions, the sonic blasts, the gunfire; all of these leave a massive black-scorched crater where the creature's body was as the smoke clears. Nothing is left, the lower torso collapses into a pile of ashes already floating away in the wind. The ghosts? Fade from existence in mid-act, leaving the golem safe.
As the sun finally sets, you see the sands outside of the canyons completely disappear.

Jefferson Starship
Suddenly, a geyser explodes in front of the lot of you. Penning you in even as huge scorpions start crawling out of their near invisible holes, bodies pulsing with neon light and jaws clattering with hunger.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nameless Golem
HP: 23/23 | Armor 2 | XP: 2

The golem remains upside-down, propped against a stone. It pushes off with its arms and crashes unceremoniously onto its face.

.:.This unit gives thanks. A battle well-fought.:.

The golem rises to its feet and then returns to the group. It raises one massive hand to its chest in a salute.

.:.This unit has delivered Citizen Creel to Nexus without incident, and has introduced the local guards to the new arrival. Duty Complete.:.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Avadin Arteka Tock Tock

"Watch out for them; they're the source of the acid. They'll douse you in it if they can." Really, they should have run when she gave her warning. Perhaps she should have shouted more.

She thinks on this as she is suddenly standing outside of the ring of scorpions, several feet to the side of the one blocking their path. "Next time I tell you something, listen!" she exclaims, speaking louder because of the increased distance between her and them. And to make the scorpions focus on her, hopefully, rather than the others.

Using Time Skip to move myself outside of the scorpion ring, trying to draw their attention to me and clear a path out for the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sagacious Leung

"Oh, not the acid. How will I ever avoid it." Leung is definitely taking these scorpions as a credible threat as she starts walking towards the Timekeeper's new position. She's practically shaking in her boots as she unholsters he pistols and begins firing into the swarm as she advances. You can really feel the severity of this situation too, what with the scorpions popping like overripe grapes as the bullets tear through them. Wait, wait, one them's lunging... No, it got shot too. It's blood did burn a bit of the fringe off of Leung's leg-pant as she stepped over it's twitching corpse, though, so who really won that encounter?

Time to do the cool thing and shoot all the scorpions. Or at least some of the ones between us and Avadin. Volley: 2d6+2 12 1d10+1 8

• Locked thread