Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Stormcrow Pyotr

The mark is starting to burn. Pyotr reaches up to touch his shoulder for a moment, staring up at the clouds. Not close enough, not big enough...not yet.

It will be, probably.

But not yet. There have been bigger. He can remember them. Sometimes good memories. Sometimes not. He returns Svetlanka's nod, looking back at the others.

"I'm ready."

He has very little with him - a small sack tied to his belt, and nothing more. Pyotr already knows that you have to travfel light. He turns to stare back up at the sky for a moment, letting the rain hit his face. He nods once up at the storm.

"Storm's a good sign."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr turns to look at Arcturus.

"...really?"

He seems to be, if anything, enjoying the rain. He cracks his knuckles.

"Never needed one, myself."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Stormcrow

The lights fall - and for all that it's probably not something new, it does look exciting. People coming to the world usually end up in trouble, and sometimes bring chaos with them. Chaos and excitement. More than once, Pyotr's dived into that and not regretted it.

As the lights race down, he runs forward, his skin darkening. The many tattoos over his body shift, fur growing between them and along them, as they become marks and colors. The mark on his back burns through his shirt, the black shining as bright as the lightning flashes for a bare moment as Pyotr embraces the Storm.

The Stormcrow lets out a roar like thunder as it flies up, trying to get a better view of the falling lights. The monstrous beast's laughter (it is laughter, right?) rings out as it flies ahead, to be the first to see what is coming. Excitement and danger are calling, and Pyotr wants to be the first to meet them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr lands, staring down at the boy. He sniffs the air, then sniffs again at the boy.

Could be dangerous. Might not be. Too soon to say.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr sniffs at the man, then turns to watch Svetlanka. In this form, he can't speak so well, but her sudden hurling back in a burst of light was kind of strange. He makes quizzical monster noises, then noses at the man again, then shrugs, looking around to see if anything dangerous has drawn near.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr looks over Arteka and the fallen man, then flies up into the air and begins circling. Better to get an idea of what those lights contained before going anywhere - that way they can choose the more interesting to pursue more aggressively. He circles for a bit, sniffing the air and spying from above, trying to get a sense for things.

I'm kind of extrapolating from Discern Realities and Hunt and Track here, but I'll leave it to Drakkar what I get as I try to get some sense of what choices are actually here and what kind of things they lead to.

A 4 plus any of my stats is still sub-6, however, so I'm pretty sure I just got the attention of the most dangerous of the lot, or something else that'll be trouble.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr circles a few times, and then lands, glancing down at the man. He lets out a loud cry that transitions into a groan as his body flows inwards, the wings folding back into his tattoos and the claws fading. It's not pretty, but it works. He's on the ground, out of the storm's direct touch, and so he can change.

"The big one's some kind of battleship. Broken, smoking, jammed into a canyon over there. It's not going anywhere. The other one's someone in armor. Or something. Couldn't quite tell."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr seems to lose interest once Creel proves to be entirely unthreatening. "Pyotr. They call me Stormcrow." He cracks his knuckles. "I can show you the way to the armor, sure." The ship sounds like it might have more danger and chaos, but...he was asked.

Besides, he might be guessing wrong.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'll grab Scout for Team Armored Guy.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, here goes nothing...

That's a 4 on this scout.

It is entirely possible that Pyotr spotted something dangerous and immediately charged at it because he likes danger.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr - XP: 2

Pyotr glances over at Karash. "Behind you?"

He shoulders his way forward, cracking his knuckles. He's grinning widely. This is what he was hoping for, really - something to happen, something that wasn't planned or expected. Something interesting

"Not a chance."

Instead, he moves out to put himself closer to the sounds, then lets out a war cry - one of the few things he can remember being taught about the Blackwing traditions.

Not sure if it's Defend or Survive but both are +Con so: 9 means either I hold 2 (because of Hold Onto What's Precious and these being my allies) or when harm comes I get to pick one of the Survive options from my sheet.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr - 2 XP - 24/26 HP

2 damage - Survive drops 8 to 4, and then -2 off that from Armor.

Pyotr meets the ghost-creature head on, bracing himself and roaring. It slams into him, but he only skids back a few inches, a line of blood trickling down the corner of his mouth. Nothing more. He laughs, moving to grab the faces and wrestle through them. They're going for Tazaret...and while he could just go directly for the strange thing directing them, Pyotr has a different cause.

Certainly, he loves to hurl himself into danger. But he's not going to let the others die because of him. He plants himself in front of Tazaret, hunching low and flexing his hands. "You want her? Come through me first, dead thing. I know your voice! You've never been able to get through me before, and tonight won't be the first!"

Reminders of the Past: When you meet a traveler or enemy you've met before (your call), tell the GM of your last encounter with them. The GM will tell you how
they've changed since then.

Pyotr's never seen this particular enemy before, but he's faced ghosts and the dead, spirits of this type. He's seen some of the faces in there before - the dead call for the living, try to bring them into the world of death and oblivion. Last time Pyotr faced a mass of the dead, he wrestled with them and received a terrible scar but drove them away.

Also, Defend: 7. Holding 2.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Spending 1 of my 2 Defend hold. The attack on Karash is redirected to me.

Pyotr is no longer thinking, just moving. Karash vanishes, so Pyotr glances back, then over at the creature. These ghosts are serving it, and it is the real threat here. He can cow ghosts easily. But this...

He lunges forward, placing himself between Karash and the creature. The telekinetic wave strikes his body...but as he lunges, Pyotr transforms. His body expands, sprouting claws, fur and feathers. His wings spread wide, and his tail lashes behind him as he lets out the terrible cry of the stormcrow, his claws sinking into the earth as he lands.

The telekinetic force strikes...and breaks upon his body, pushing him barely an inch as his claws dig furrows in the stone.

8 on Survive. I ignore all effects of the attack except damage. Spending my other Defend hold to reduce the damage by half.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 15, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr - HP: 20/26

Pyotr roars to the sky, blood matting some of his feathers. His body shifts once more, shrinking and returning to its human state. He stretches, feeling over the burned areas where he was struck by the ghosts and the creature's beam. He laughs. "I can't think of a safer place, can you? We've just killed the most dangerous thing here."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

"The stars come down to attack, huh? Let 'em come." Pyotr stretches, then makes himself comfortable on a rock, staring up at the night. "It'd be something new. Nothing I've seen yet could break me, and they probably can't either. But it'd be fun to see them try."

He grins for a moment.

"...I think it'd end the same way so many night sky do, though. They'd be swallowed up by the storms."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr shrugs. "Shouldn't be more than a few more hours after we break camp. We'd have been there in a day if we weren't walking." Not that he's about to offer to carry people.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

"...oh, oh. The ship. That'd be a longer walk." Pyotr shakes his head. "Sorry, ears are still ringing a bit. We'll reach the man tomorrow. I could reach the ship easily by air. You'd have more trouble. If you think they'll need me over there..."

Well, he could just make his way to the ship.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr

Pyotr stares at Tazaret for a moment, then nods.

Seconds later, a stormcrow is winging its way towards the ship crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pyotr - XP: 3/8 - HP: 20/26

A loud cry rings out over the geyser area - the cry of a hunting stormcrow. A black blur falls out of the sky mere instants later, slamming into the earth with enough force to crack the stone, and whatever scorpions are unlucky enough to be beneath him at the time.

Pyotr spreads his wings and roars again at the scorpions, his tail whipping back and forth, then lunges at one of them and bites for its head. The bite misses by mere inches, but right now he's just trying to gather all their attention. Then they can be swept up.

Hack and Slash: [09:50] <Krysmbot> MorsRattus, 3+1 = 4

BUT NOW A THING IS FINALLY HAPPENING

• Locked thread