Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

narm00 posted:

Chapter 143 - You thought a first kiss was going to go anything close to normal in this manga?

It's amazing how everyone figured out that attempt at a feint immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Yep, that was the spot where I had to stop reading for a second because I was laughing so hard.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

https://mangadex.org/chapter/ebbd0b2e-cb11-480b-b0b8-45ce7b2da0b4/1

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Finally, after all these years, the truth finally comes out:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

drat, what a good chapter

also nozaki having any professional pride is a rare event

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

pitch perfect capture of someone who is Like That with gacha games

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I kind of feel bad for Mikorin as the only person in this comic who has made zero progress with his life, and probably never will as his only pairing is the gay one that is very unlikely to ever come to pass.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Rand Brittain posted:

I kind of feel bad for Mikorin as the only person in this comic who has made zero progress with his life, and probably never will as his only pairing is the gay one that is very unlikely to ever come to pass.

Isn't Kashima's little sister a potential pairing? He's good friends with Kashima and the little sister is also anime-poisoned in a different way

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
uh, we met mikorins perfect partner in the most recent chapter?

??????

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I don't think everybody needs to get a partner. Mikorin's fine just the way he is (though he should probably spend less on gacha games)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, if he spends less on gacha games then obviously he won't have a partner.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, if he spends less on gacha games then obviously he won't have a partner.

If he spends less on gacha games he won't see the character development of his fave, and she will therefore remain useless and attainable.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 145 - In which we meet Chiyo's first (fan)love.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I can't believe Chiyo confessed her love for Nanamura sensei's works.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Scallop Eyes posted:

I can't believe Chiyo confessed her love for Nanamura sensei's works.

Thankfully it all worked out in the end; I was worried she'd be rejected.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sakura is a fake fan

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nozaki may be really bad at figuring out shoujo conventions, but at least he had the appropriate reaction to Chiyo saying "but what if I was really into another guy's writing". Progress!

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 146: In which Kashima's sister tries to get her sister and Hori to play out one of her favourite scenes, and chaos, as always, ensues.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Congratulations to our newest couple: Rei and her imaginary boyfriend.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

narm00 posted:

Chapter 146: In which Kashima's sister tries to get her sister and Hori to play out one of her favourite scenes, and chaos, as always, ensues.

I think I laughed out loud every time I flipped to a new page. This one was just incredible, even for this series.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rei is such a strong character, she's undefeatable (except in board games).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

me when
me when a Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun character does the 17th variation of their one joke in a chapter

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

narm00 posted:

Kashima actually playing the straight woman for once legitimately made me howl.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 147, in which it's time for another girls' night to celebrate Ryousuke getting a girlfriend.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Chiyo power-creep hitting hard, this issue.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Holy poo poo what a punchline. I love this comic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

From INTENSE to Nozaki-kun, that's one hell of a ride to Chiyo's emotionscape.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

One of things I enjoy about this comic is how Chiyo's stalkerish devotion is legitimately a pretty good match-up for Nozaki. He likely needs that level of attention to have a functional relationship, and she needs someone to accept her goofy rear end for who she is. It's great.

I love seeing compatible weirdos, and this comic is full of them :3:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

Chiyo power-creep hitting hard, this issue.
Complete miss to 100% accuracy. That girl plays by extremes.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

I just binged the stuff I'd missed between where the anime left off and now.

Ken and Ryousuke are the only two sane people in the entire world, and poor Ryousuke is just so, so dumb. That is all.

Hori would be sane if he didn't immediately transform into an absurdist asteroid debris field every time Kashima shows up.

Chiyo is quite simply the best. Whenever she's off-panel or on-panel, I keep asking, "Where's Chiyo?"

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 16, 2023

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 148: Picking back up with photo fun at the girls' night.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Why does Chiyo think anything with "hidden" non-ironically in the name is going to have its intended effect on Nozaki? I guess hope springs eternal.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm amused Nozaki has no idea who Yuzuki's brother is, so he jumps immediately to the wrong conclusions and even thinks Chiyo may be in danger? :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Seriously, it moves at a glacial pace, but Nozaki has been showing signs lately that their relationship isn't one-sided anymore.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm here for bullied chiyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Seriously, it moves at a glacial pace, but Nozaki has been showing signs lately that their relationship isn't one-sided anymore.

Him being jealous of Mikoshiba of all people possibly getting a text before him was wonderful.