Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Grondoth posted:

Why is this thread not called Yo, Ribbons

I actually almost called it that. My manga-reading friends and I usually refer to this as simply "Ribbons" because that chapter's so great, and because "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun" is kind of a mouthful. (This before there was an official translation of the title :v:)

Edit: Also, some Valentine's Day in Chapter 28. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gekkan-Shojo-Nozaki-kun/Ch-028-Read-Online

DoubleDonut fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Aw, Mikorin is so popular. :3:

I'm glad that all the missing chapters are being put up. It really confused me when I first found out about the manga and went to read it, wondering why it kept skipping over stuff.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
We're caught up with 52!

Man, Nozaki really does hate Suzuki. The resulting panels are great :allears:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

God drat this is some good comedy.

We doubled up!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
New episode's up on Crunchyroll. I updated the OP, including Wakamatsu even though he hasn't shown up yet because who cares. (I also changed the description to be more accurate.)

Totally briefs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kashima and Hori have transitioned fantastically, though I was expecting Hori to be a little more hotblooded. That couple is definitely my favorite.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Personally I was expecting Kashima to be a little bit calmer. :v:

Also, briefs?

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Chapter 31. And we're now completely caught up!

Now the waiting for the next chapter to come out begins.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!

Thurm posted:

Chapter 31. And we're now completely caught up!

Now the waiting for the next chapter to come out begins.

All caught up now?? Nooooo!!!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I couldn't help myself and I started reading the manga. Now all the jokes are spoiled. :saddowns:

I wonder how far the anime will get.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I was hoping this would be an anime only thread, but oh well. The same thing happened with Nisekoi last season.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ViggyNash posted:

I was hoping this would be an anime only thread, but oh well. The same thing happened with Nisekoi last season.

The anime is paced really terribly because it's a 1:1 version of the manga, with nothing added or changed to fit the format better. Seeing the jokes animated is cool, but ultimately if it's just a straight commercial I don't regret switching over.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The first two episodes were legit hilarious, but the last one was terminally boring. It's only because of of the first two episodes that I am extending my three-episode test to include a forth episode, but I am starting to fear that the anime just goes to introduce a new character, run his/her gimmick into the ground, and when it runs out of steam it just introduces a new "Oh, here is a stereotype OH WAIT IT'S NOT IT'S TOTALLY THE OPPOSITE GUYS" person and the cycle begins again.

The OP is great, though, it's the only one I am not skipping this season. For comparison, the only other shows I didn't skip the OPs were Attack on Titan and the first two parts of JoJo.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
We're still in the character introduction stages. The manga's at its best after everyone's been introduced, and they can bounce around and off each other. We should be there soon.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Pretty much, we have one more main character that needs to be introduced that's the cast. Some side characters left but most of the hilarity comes from the cast just interacting

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Nah, the cast is mostly complete other than one other character, and a few side characters. From this point forward, it's basically all the cast interacting with each other in comedic scenarios. Next episode should be a prime example of what the series is like generally.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Allarion posted:

Nah, the cast is mostly complete other than one other character, and a few side characters. From this point forward, it's basically all the cast interacting with each other in comedic scenarios. Next episode should be a prime example of what the series is like generally.
Jesus, yes. Going by the preview, don't worry, you haven't seen anything yet.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

3rd episode was fine, but significantly weaker then the first two. Episode 4 already looks pretty promising so I'm not concerned.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yeah, don't worry; we're rapidly approaching the point where characters besides Nozaki, Sakura, and Mikorin actually start showing up more often.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Potsticker posted:

I couldn't help myself and I started reading the manga. Now all the jokes are spoiled. :saddowns:

That's not really a problem for this show, I feel. The jokes are often funnier the second time around.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

That's not really a problem for this show, I feel. The jokes are often funnier the second time around.

Chiyo's VA in particular I think does a fantastic job, but I think the delivery of the jokes when voiced has been pretty great all around.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I absolutely loving love Yuzuki and Kashima. They're both such great characters. Mikoshiba's awesome, too. Can't wait for ep. 4!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I found this on Tsubaki's twitter:

It's the cover of volume 5, and I'm mostly posting it because it has much tanuki.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I found this on Tsubaki's twitter:

It's the cover of volume 5, and I'm mostly posting it because it has much tanuki.

Hmm not really the hair colors I had imagined for Ken and Maeno, but I guess we'll see how they look in practice.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Episode 4 is up on CR.

I know it's usually a three episode test, but if you've been kind of lukewarm on this series so far, I really recommend watching this episode. It's a lot closer to how the rest of the series is, and it's basically just Nozaki, Sakura, and Mikorin messing around for half an hour.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Mikoshiba's my fave. 4th episodes was great, and I only wish there could've been more flying Nozaki transitions.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oh man I just started and this is the episode where they play a dating sim, right?

That was one of my favorite chapters.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I've been enjoying this show but not really understanding the hype for it up until the dating sim. That was fantastic. Things have been funny enough to keep me watching even before that point, but it definitely changed my opinion of the show from "decent" to "good".

e: It was also far and away the least offensive way I've seen (male) homosexuality handled in a show not specifically about that (and some shows that are specifically about that).

glomkettle fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 27, 2014

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Oh man, that was a hilarious episode. The entire first half of the episode slayed me - Mikoshiba's voice actor really emphasized how much of an uber-goon the guy really is, but Nozaki's deadpan reactions to everything made it so much better. It also helps that I could actually understand the translation this time.

Tomoda for best character of 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The next time a dating sim pops up is even better. This show continues to be everything I'd hope it would be, and Mikorin is an even bigger goon in animated form.

Also I only just noticed that those are panels in the sky in the OP. I was thinking they were in a space colony for some reason.

Edit: Oh man, I can hardly wait for Ken and Maeno next episode.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 27, 2014

Svampson
Jul 29, 2006

Same.
What a great episode! loving lost it at the Tomoda part and all the ~*bathroom girl talk*~, it's not often I find an anime this consistently hilarious and I hope they keep it up!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
This episode was great! Mikoshiba's a true goon and I'm glad more people are coming around to liking him. I couldn't stop laughing at Nozaki with the bunny ears. It's even better since there's voice acting to go with it. And I like how this episode emphasized his cooking skills.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Wow that was great. I don't remember the last time I had so many huge belly laughs in 20 minutes. Is Mikorin actually the best girl?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

One of the people in /a/ translated the omake for ch 43

Seo and Waka are truly the best. I can't wait for Waka to be animated so that we get more of Seo

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
Ep 5 Preview Spoiler (from the end of ep 4 justmakingsure):

Why, ep5 preview? Why do you make it so hard to not read the manga? What series of events could have possibly lead up to that? Whyyy? :smith:

Soks fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 28, 2014

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Soks posted:

Why, ep5 preview? Why do you make it so hard to not read the manga? What series of events could have possibly lead up to that? Whyyy? :smith:

Don't worry, you only have to wait a week! Also this anime has some of the best still-shots ever, I swear.

boredsatellite posted:

One of the people in /a/ translated the omake for ch 43

Seo and Waka are truly the best. I can't wait for Waka to be animated so that we get more of Seo

That's amazing. :allears: They're my favorite pairing in the series because every chapter they're in is hilarious.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I am constantly amazed that Nozaki got serialized at all. Mikorin was in top form this episode, he works a lot better when he's being a quirky nerd rather than cultivating a playboy persona.

I'm so glad Tomoda found love in the end! :sparkles:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mikorin is great because he's a huge nerd with a playboy persona (that he built by being a huge nerd).

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I gave in and read the manga. Now I'm stuck waiting for the show and the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Potsticker posted:

I am constantly amazed that Nozaki got serialized at all. Mikorin was in top form this episode, he works a lot better when he's being a quirky nerd rather than cultivating a playboy persona.

I'm so glad Tomoda found love in the end! :sparkles:

He never would have pulled it off if Mikorin wasn't such a popular heroine.