Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Supergoon was great this episode. Otherwise this is the worst episode thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The first segment in particular was way too long.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I don't get it. What's with the empty barrel?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

I don't get it. What's with the empty barrel?
You put it on cinder blocks, fill it with water and light a fire underneath it for an outdoor hot bath.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Poil posted:

You put it on cinder blocks, fill it with water and light a fire underneath it for an outdoor hot bath.

He was making a joke.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hommando posted:

He was making a joke.
Not obvious enough. :saddowns:

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Poil posted:

Not obvious enough. :saddowns:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
This sure was a fanservice episode but at least they did it in a fashion that was mainly comedic.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Also, Urara and Chinatsu have the same voice actress.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh. For some reason I didn't make that connection. :doh:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

The Monkey Man posted:

Also, Urara and Chinatsu have the same voice actress.

She also voiced Yuzuko in Yuyushiki.

I'm starting to notice a pattern.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Hommando posted:

She also voiced Yuzuko in Yuyushiki.

I'm starting to notice a pattern.

Pattern: Rumi Okubo voices a pink-haired girl with a crazy crush on another girl in her club.

If you take out Sabagebu and leave it at Yuru Yuri and Yuyushiki, she's crushing on a girl named Yui voiced by Minami Tsuda.

Also, I expected but still loved how the three cameramen were all "panty shots have connected us to the world! Yay we're not losers" and Mokarin just beat that flowery mood down.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Getting hype for the swimsuit ep

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I hope it's like Evangelion's eternal promise of more fanservice.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
They really brought it this episode. Parts A and B were better than the previous episode, thought still just pretty good, but Part C was incredible. Easily one of the best segments of the whole series so far, man that was so good.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Momoka is the best scumbag. Sacrificing Lemon to destroy the helicopter and getting away scot-free is such a dick move you can't help but admire it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Anyone notice that one old guy reloading his rifle Terminator style? And that's right after a Mad Max reference :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Never thought I'd see a Picnic At Hanging Rock reference in anime.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
This episode was so much better than the last few have been. I didn't much care for the second plot, but I loved the last one.

Momoka is definitely the greatest protagonist.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That final segment was perfect.

Is it a fiend? A demon? No! It's Momoka!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I was pretty underwhelmed by the episode until the Australia bit. The show's not much better than mediocre when it's not about Momoka being an rear end in a top hat (it makes up for it by being amazing when it is, though).

I cracked up when she shot the sniper taking aim.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Momoka is the best scumbag. Sacrificing Lemon to destroy the helicopter and getting away scot-free is such a dick move you can't help but admire it.

You forgot to mention that as soon as she lands his cracked glasses falls in her hands. Which then plays his memories, which she then tosses aside without a second thought. Stepping over allied corpses without batting an eye indeed.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I was pretty underwhelmed by the episode until the Australia bit. The show's not much better than mediocre when it's not about Momoka being an rear end in a top hat (it makes up for it by being amazing when it is, though).

I cracked up when she shot the sniper taking aim.
After last week's episode the first two segments this week were not getting my hopes up on it improving, but yeah, the Australia segment was back to being fantastic.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Source

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This was about the last anime where I expected to see an autogiro.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm really enjoying Fried Chicken with Lemon showing up more.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Momoka ends up marrying Lemon.

Once a girl beats you half to death with an Airsoft pistol, I guess there's nowhere to go but down.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Swimsuit episode did not disappoint

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dan7el posted:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Momoka ends up marrying Lemon.

I could totally see that happening. Suddenly one morning her mom says "I forgot to mention it but we arranged for your wedding when you were born and your fiancee is coming by this afternoon."

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

You already know it'll be a shotgun wedding. :haw:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

She'll marry Lemon, get him to buy a bunch of stuff she likes by being seductive and coercive, then divorce him and take everything he owns for herself.

Because this is still Momoka we're talking about.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You already know it'll be a shotgun wedding. :haw:

It'll be like Kill Bill Vol. 2, except Urara is Bill.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

She'll marry Lemon, get him to buy a bunch of stuff she likes by being seductive and coercive, then divorce him and take everything he owns for herself.

Because this is still Momoka we're talking about.

Sonokawa Momoka transcends the divorce courts!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

That was the best. First defeating Predator cats to be confronted by Alien dogs. This show really has the best references, it's just a horrible shame they didn't bring the minigun on this particular episode.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love how calm everyone was when the facehugger got Maya.

Momoka's poem was the best part of the episode. That look of absolute despair :allears:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

Momoka's poem was the best part of the episode. That look of absolute despair :allears:

Nah, Kayo's poem was even better. Glorious divine retribution is served!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This show may have lower lows than Nozaki, but it has higher highs. Every movie parody segment is solid gold.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Holy loving poo poo that Predator section was amazing.

SSNeoman posted:

Still the best bit though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

This show may have lower lows than Nozaki, but it has higher highs. Every movie parody segment is solid gold.

If this series ends with no Terminator parody I'm going to be disappointed.

And I need to get a list of all the terrible things that are Sonokawa Momoka. I think she gets even more horrible with every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

does anyone have the lyrics of the ed

• Locked thread