Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The only thing missing was some sort of "GET TO DA CHOPPAH" reference

Momoka was extra assholish this episode, so no surprise it turned out great.

Also enjoyed Kayo finally getting some sweet revenge herself for once.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
For the second segment: You know it's bad when Urara isn't praising Momoka for her behavior.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It's funny cause the second segment on its own is pretty bland, but knowing they already did that segment with Momoka getting fat and seeing her blatant and unapologetic hypocrisy just makes the whole thing hilarious.

This truly is Sonokawa Momoka.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's even better when the unapologetic selfishness is what breaks the other character out of their funk and adds another member to her harem. Two wrongs make a right.

Also holy poo poo this show loves its 80s action movies.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Has Maya shot a single bullet yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, she was the heavy weapons girl in the first couple of episodes before the 'always dies first' running joke started.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

It's funny cause the second segment on its own is pretty bland, but knowing they already did that segment with Momoka getting fat and seeing her blatant and unapologetic hypocrisy just makes the whole thing hilarious.

This truly is Sonokawa Momoka.

The fact that Momoka's awfulness leads to her comeuppance probably a little more than half the time also helps to keep things fresh. If she always won or always lost it would get kind of boring.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

The only thing missing was some sort of "GET TO DA CHOPPAH" reference

Momoka was extra assholish this episode, so no surprise it turned out great.

Also enjoyed Kayo finally getting some sweet revenge herself for once.

I loved the whole last segment, especially when Momoka quickly pulls Urara in as a human shield, and the part where she kicks down the log so Kayo can't cross.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Momoka_is.gif

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I was laughing through that entire episode, and my brother, who has only seen the first episode before this, was there right along with me. This was a great episode.

Are there 1 or 2 more?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Reusing the yakuza music is truly fantastic.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

This episode warrants reposting the Aiura OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZFVJhtJE0

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo supergoon in the loving heels with the security agents in Jojo poses. That was art.

haha everyone except Momoka lost on purpose.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 15, 2014

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
That was a fun episode. Lemon is a great character.

Also

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Typical shoujo anime:

http://i.imgur.com/tFFkYDz.jpg

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Momoka's descent into being a completely awful person is pretty funny.

Also they really have no rules.

Also Crab nooooooo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was expecting a few more Gundam references given the title of the last segment.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just love what Momoka is using for cover.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope this gets a second season. I lost it at the crying statue and dove.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I feel lost without this show already. In a way I don't want a second season though, I just can't see how they could keep it up.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was incredible. I'm amazed the show kept managing to top itself. The loving exploding car ramp was the part that got me. A runner up was the vice president holding the green paint and brush.

I'll miss this show :(

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
This show was great. It had it's downs, but when it was up, it was really up. I don't know if I want another season or not thought.

Momoka for best protagonist!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo, that was a fantastic last episode.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I was sort of rolling my eyes at the whole "all the side characters show up to save the day" but then it just got better from there.

I lost it at the crying statue after everyone died. That last segment was, uh, an appropriate coda I can say.

Momoka owns, the humor owns, this show owned. Don't know if it can't stand up another season without wearing out its welcome but it works as-is.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Man, this is like the anime I never knew I wanted, but wow. That series was a lot of fun.

I'm curious as to what else came out this year that would compete with it, cause nothing I've seen or read about is nearly as fun.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Pretty funny show. It was definitely worth watching. And Momoka is the best MC of the year.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Blhue posted:

Holy poo poo, that was a fantastic last episode.

Yeah, talk about going out with a bang.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
End of the ep was pretty hilarious, but the part about Momoka 'finding her feelings' was complete garbage :(

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I normally don't care for Kayo's archetype but she turned out to be delightfully malicious.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mommoka is still the best secondary character. drat that close range shot/execution. She is stone cold when it comes to her daughter or broccoli.

Kayo was absolutely great in these final few episodes. Better late than never.

All in all a great final episode and series, but one season should be plenty.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Now we need spinoff with Platy and Crab going around world, kicking rear end.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i was glad the crab survived the previous episode

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

This show was fantastic and I've been hooked from the first episode. This was probably the best show of the season though I do agree that a second season would be welcomed, but we don't want to risk a repeat of Arrested Development.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Widdiful posted:

This show was fantastic and I've been hooked from the first episode. This was probably the best show of the season though I do agree that a second season would be welcomed, but we don't want to risk a repeat of Arrested Development.

Sabagebu is great, yeah. But did you watch Nozaki-kun?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Arkeus posted:

End of the ep was pretty hilarious, but the part about Momoka 'finding her feelings' was complete garbage :(

I held my breath because it could be heartfelt, but... this show, y'know. And then "oh hey the cure is easy" ruining the mood.

Terrific show. See ya in hell, indeed.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

This show is proof that even without good plot or interesting characters or even competent writing you can still make a very fun show by cranking up the zaniness to 11. I wish more anime were like that instead of trying to get us to take them seriously.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Sabagebu is great, yeah. But did you watch Nozaki-kun?

Yes but Sabagebu's ridiculousness won me over. Nozaki-kun also owns.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
That was the greatest end of any anime ever. I can't believe they did a homage to John Woo's The Killer church scene. I grew up loving this movie and Hard Boiled, so I loved every minute of this. I hope there is a season 2 because I need more of this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y-gq8ETtAg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Widdiful posted:

Yes but Sabagebu's ridiculousness won me over. Nozaki-kun also owns.

• Locked thread