Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I mean seriously this is good like really good I mean wow.

Like I was expecting a big pile of trashy anime garbage and I mean it is the total literal opposite this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

i watched ten episodes or so and then it lost its luster

I feel like the total opposite, it just keeps getting better and better there's no stop to it. It's like some stupid rear end power up crap like bleach or dragon ball a but it's done so loving flawlessly that I love it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

it pretty good till the mom hosed her daughter

Yeah holy poo poo. I mean drat. What the gently caress.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

kill la kill wasn't that good buddy

i mean yeah if more of it were like episode 4 then id be down with it

Actually it is good and you are wrong about that sorry.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I can only really throw my considerable weight behind Space Dandy

I really want to watch this too is it finished yet or is it even out yet at all.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

then it got great

you're full of poo poo and so are your opinions

I know you are but what am I

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

lowtax why isn't anime a bannable offense?

Real post: why isn't all forms of movies bannable cause u kno why

Wait was that a real post

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

i know that like many gibbis posters (including myself), irony is a pretty good tool to solicit comedy or emptyquotes

in this situation, however, irony will not be tolerated

Wow, bigoted much.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think people take anime too seriously, like for real dogz just relax and quit freakin out about it.

U sound like those crazy Brits who think all gay people are kiddie fuckers.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Protagonist posted:

^^^: whysat dude got the big dipper tattooed on his chest?

this is a good thread headed good places

I hope this thread goes good places because I am abandoning it and I do not want to feel pride for it because pride is a sin. The worst sin actually.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Snatch Duster posted:

I dont know what that is, but ill take your word on it.

Recently I became an uncle and I want to protect my niece effectively. Can you tell me other media pedos enjoy?

I know about bronies, animeers, furriss, and redditors.

Anything that isn't endorsed by a Christian church. That means gay people related stuff. Also Arabs. They are lecherous and bad.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Protagonist posted:

whys he got scars of a constellation on his chest then

you can set a clock by nonces liking anime

Cause he's the fist of the North Star you stupid loving ignoramus.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

You're attracted to 8 year old children. Stop posting and guzzle some Drano.

Hmmmm I feel like someone might be projecting a lil bit, considering how vehement you are about this. It's ok, I think there are rehabilitative programs now for people such as yourself.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

What the gently caress is this

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

Are you really trying to mock me for making fun of a person that "forgot" the object of their obsession was 8 years old? Do you realize that makes you a creepy weirdo?

lmao clam down

not everyone in the world is out to attack you, some of us want to help you because we believe all human brings have dignity

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

Help yourself in being less of a weird rear end gently caress.

Do you honestly think that is better? That is the problem, fyi.

Look it's like I said man, you need to realize that you are projecting. It's ok, it's alright. Projection is a natural human response to emotional situations. It just what we do. You have to understand what you are doing before you can make an attempt to correct it.

so tell me, where did the anime touch you? This is a safe space.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Neurosis posted:

i am not in principle against all anime and have seen a few good animes so i thought oh i'll see what this is about then i find out it is about a 'vagrant scoholgirl' and all interest leaves me

It's ok, nobody's perfect.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Furries aren't people

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nathilus posted:

catgirls aren't for furries fyi.

Sorry friend but that's the wrong zeitgeist for this thread. I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Smeego posted:

I watched the 1st episode of kill la kill and saw a high schooler get raped by a school uniform

Did u jerk off after

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Smeego posted:

I thought it was p weird. like why couldnt they just give her the uniform

I thought it was weird when the alien burst out of john hurts chest, I mean why couldn't the alien just have snuck on board.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

op should watch shows that aren't about naked teens, like CROMARTIE HIGH SCHOOL

Good show but there r naked teens in that too

You pedophile

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

just mechazowa and the gorilla, but they don't count

"They don't count"

wow

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I feel like that was not written by you.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm imagining a sweaty fat balding guy furiously scratching down times as he repeatedly pauses and unpauses the video.

"This will show those petty trolls!" he mutters angrily as he counts off the seconds of the second butt-shot.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

my daughter drew this fan art of Freddy

You are a good father.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

its a stunning example of an effortpost by someone who can't just admit that what they're watching may not be high art or the best thing ever

freddy.jpg is the essence of anime. there should always be a horse somewhere (or is it a pony?)

It's a mustang

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

im gonna get mega blazed and watch this thank you this looks tight.

U better have a big stash

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

sounds gay, i dont think ill put in the effort to watch the other episodes

my friend was also going on about sidonia but the vacant computer animated characters were hella creepy. most anime seems to suck rear end

Anime is bad

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

why does so much anime w/cool settings devolve into that poo poo when some serious exposition would be so helpful. like you built this cool setting, expand on that poo poo instead of endless scenes of someone about to kill something

Because people who come up with cool ideas for settings are gigantic man children

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

i am he posted:

its because anime is good

Or is it bad

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Eazy E posted:

Anime watchers are mentally ill and rarely have sex.

Actually I have plenty of sex but I am mentally ill

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kirk Johnson posted:

How many of the anime fans on here have legitimately felt an actual real-life pair of female breasts? Accidentally bumping your mom's with your elbow while you're downstairs making hot pockets doesn't count. And further to this, what solace do these Chinese cartoons provide that so many of you choose them, giving up actual adult pursuits and the ability to say you're not a virgin in your twenties?

Genuine questions.

Lol dude I watch like 1 anime per year or less.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Eazy E posted:

Jacking off to anime isn't sex.

:smith:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fucker posted:

im excited at the prospect of every1 enjoying cromartie high school even if it is the *pinches nose* inferior dub version

I dunno those vids of the dubs people linked were pretty amusing.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

basically every megathread in adtrw is either bitching at how the show should have went or rube-goldbergian justifications as to why 'x scene isn't super creepy and borderline pederastian', so yes pretty much

less because of content and more because it deviated from the hivemind impression of the show (kinda okay but some really offputting scenes)

The evangelion thread is good (purely because of tuxedo catfish)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fandyien posted:

doesnt the guy in EVA jerk it all over an unconscious teenager, and its like a major plot point?

yes it's gross

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

i think the most amusing thing about eva is the mental progression of people who watched the series, then the original movies for the first time. I have made a halfhearted attempt to watch the new movies but in all honesty i dont expect them to be any less depressing

I watched evangelion when I was fifteen years old and it has had a lasting impact on my life

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

You don't read a lot of books, do you?

did you get help like I suggested. It's ok, the first step is the hardest. I believe in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

You don't read a lot of books, do you? Nathaniel Hawthorne was more subtle with the christian imagery.

Nathaniel Hawthorne also was not making an anime for Japanese children in the 90s

• Locked thread