Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I caught up on last week's episode finally. Why was Eph so worried about getting video of the infected guy in the shed? I thought they had video of the autopsy they performed on the infected pilot, where his entire body cavity had metamorphosed into the giant worm thing.

Also, if Rudy was enough of a bro to help Eph get out of the CDC, why on earth didn't he help back up Eph's story to Shithead Boss? "Yeah boss, that guy attacked us with a giant worm from his mouth, he totally wasn't human. Would have killed me if not for Eph. And hey, this video on Eph's phone is the exact same thing we saw! Ask hottie doctor lady, she saw it too."

I mean, I get that you need some stupidity for this thing to get off the ground, but it just doesn't make these characters seem realistic.

Still don't understand why they cremated the body, either. Isn't their goal to let people KNOW about this poo poo? It seems like having a weird alien corpse with the face of the pilot would have been a pretty solid smoking gun, even for Shithead Boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Avasculous posted:

Setrakian going into the basement was a genuinely tense scene and seemed to finally make him realize what the audience figured out 4 episodes ago: that 95-year-old Van Helsing personally tracking down and murdering 200 infected families before the worms spread is a pretty idiotic plan.

I liked this scene a lot. From his "action" scenes so far, it's obvious Setrakian can't really fight - he just kinda swings the sword once the vampire is on his knees. I was glad they weren't doing the stunt-double old man karate master thing and having him cut through all of those zompires down there.

By the way, am I the only one who's actively disappointed by the fact that this is going to be a vampire story? I liked the idea of a parasitic monster that spreads via monster-bite, and I wouldn't have picked up on the "vampire" thing if it wasn't for this thread, at least not at first. Monster worm parasites that infect people and turn them into zombies is interesting and much more novel, and the worms coming out of their mouth and stuff like the autopsy where the entire body was mutated... I just felt like there's enough there to stand on it's own without needing VAMPIRES, SILVER SWORD, SUNLIGHT KILLS THEM, etc.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Teek posted:

Yeah, this episode really played up the absurdity of the characters bumping into each other all the time. We already got that earlier this season with the clock robbery. I'm not sure if that is a thing in the books too, or if it's ever even explained if so. It's playing out like Lost, but I have yet to get the sense there was some over-arching mythology in control of these coincidences.

But I mean, these characters are the ones that get followed in the show, so of course they hook up eventually. We don't get to see the 12 other hacker chicks who started to piece things together and then got eaten. Its not so much "look how the Lost passengers' lives intersect" as "this is how these random people meet up."

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

So should I even bother watching the rest of this season? The last one I saw was the one where boring ex wife gets infected by killing her boyfriend. I have had the rest of the episodes staring at me from my DVR for weeks now, and every time I think of watching one, I end up deciding I'd have more fun watching some other show 's reruns or YouTube videos. From the looks of this thread, it doesn't look like the finale stirred up any of the hype I wanted to hear.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

So now that the season's over and we know for sure there won't be another one (on my TV), can someone spoil Eph's "transformation" that required him to wear an awful wig all season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

Season 2 starts in the summer. They've been shooting in Toronto.

The operative phrase there was "on my tv", as in, for me, there will be no second season.

Still kinda curious about the transformation that necessitated the terrible wig, though.

• Locked thread