Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Andrew Verse posted:

Well, if they had done that they wouldn't have managed to air anything before the German came calling.

Considering that they managed to reach the Master's lair and Setrakian has his name on the front door of his shop, it's more stupid that they weren't prepared for retaliation.

I liked the total lack of bars on the windows. How many decades has he been at this without figuring out that might be a point of vulnerability?

That said, I love this show so far warts and ridiculous Master makeup and all. Kind of feel like this is a classic, "It's just a show; I should really just relax," situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
So I definitely enjoyed this show despite the flaws and will be back for the next season but the finale was pretty limp. I know it's based on books but they should have said "gently caress the books" and found some way to have Setrakian take out Eichhorst to give the finale more impact since the master had to escape. Or if they couldn't have done that, they should have written in something else for the same sort of effect on the story. The heroes need a drat victory of some kind.

Empire Strike Back gets away with ending the way it does because the heroes already blew up a drat Death Star and we know they will pull it together and fight back. The Strain folks? They uhh, have not established the same track record for competency. It wasn't even the first time they lost a direct confrontation with The Master! It didn't feel like a finale, it felt like yet another episode ending like this.

• Locked thread