Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I've decided to take this show as seriously as Sleepy Hollow.

Consequently, I'm enjoying it just as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

nopants posted:

They made a major mistake by not casting Charlie Day as the lowly rat catcher.
I get the feeling that character is going to do some vampire slaying, and Charlie Day isn't exactly physically imposing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This episode was pretty except for "airplanes are like missiles that cut through everything" and "that was a little girl!"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This show is a slog, a good premise ruined by poor execution. That's not the say the show has no redeeming parts, but they are too sparse. I'm ready to bail like with The Killing.

Is there anywhere I can ready a summary of the rest of the book?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 18, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Phenotype posted:

By the way, am I the only one who's actively disappointed by the fact that this is going to be a vampire story? I liked the idea of a parasitic monster that spreads via monster-bite, and I wouldn't have picked up on the "vampire" thing if it wasn't for this thread, at least not at first. Monster worm parasites that infect people and turn them into zombies is interesting and much more novel, and the worms coming out of their mouth and stuff like the autopsy where the entire body was mutated... I just felt like there's enough there to stand on it's own without needing VAMPIRES, SILVER SWORD, SUNLIGHT KILLS THEM, etc.
I'm not sure I see how this show being about zombies is better than it being about vampires.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Eph's boss is in on it. That character's story arch gets pretty nuts.
As someone who hasn't read the books, this seems like it should be obvious to anyone who isn't a terrible TV watcher. Unfortunately, many TV IVers are.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mr.48 posted:

Oh and his fake accent is really loving terrible. Are actual Russian-speaking actors THAT hard to find in Hollywood? By comparison, The Americans did a fantastic job with their Russian-speaking cast. And yes, I know that Fet is supposed to be Ukrainian, but the two languages are extremely similar and anyone who grew up under Soviet rule in Ukraine and left before 91 speaks Russian.

Edit: To clarify, a Ukrainian speaking actor would be even better, but from watching The Americans we can see that at at the very least there are some Russian speakers are working in the TV business.
Well for one, The Americans is a good show and this... this is not.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

etalian posted:

The Americans is that spy show? Never got around to watching it.
It's literally one of the best shows on TV. It has aired 2 seasons, 26 episodes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CVagts posted:

Meep meep, 8650835!

I don't dislike the show, but this would make it 800,000 times better.
A230385 have you been paying any loving attention?!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

Subs say it's 823 at the start, not A23.
Then they are wrong. The number tattooed on Setrakian's arm says A23.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

GIS fails me, but here's the picture Doug Jones posted on Facebook of himself in makeup. (They take the nose off with CGI, hence the green makeup.)

Of loving course it's Doug Jones.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This show is aggressively stupid and can go gently caress itself. I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fletcher posted:

Ehhh there is a lot worse on television these days than The Strain.
Under the Dome is easier to watch.

• Locked thread