Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I watched the pilot, and it was intriguing enough that I kinda want to track down the books. The show seems filled with cliches though, cliches that seem like they wouldn't be in the book version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I forgot to watch episode two so I'm kinda going into episode three blind. Also I missed the first 15 minutes or so.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Every time I see that kid I just blank out. I do not care about Epharim's dumb bullshit.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Okay that last part turned it around (the dude's dick falling off I mean). I like this show.

CVagts fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 28, 2014

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I enjoy the non-bad parts of this show (I don't care about Ephraim's family) and I can't wait for the rat catcher to team up with the other people so they can all bust vampires together.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Vasiliy is a wonderful man.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Didn't they say that they were running them off of batteries?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I always forget this show is on until about 15 minutes before the end of an episode. :(

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I also forgot that the show immediately replays after it's over. So I can watch the first 45 minutes!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It seems a bit weird to have the ending be a flashback of something that we already know happened, but at least we know that this is what Eldritch Palmer wants: to be a direct "descendant" of the Master.

Book spoiler: I haven't read the books yet, but I have come to understand that the Master kills Palmer, and does not, in fact, make him one of his own. Is there a stated reason for this, since Palmer has done everything they've wanted?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Drifter posted:

I don't know the names, was rudy the boyfriend who called the FBI on Eph, or the fat hispanic dude? If it was the jail dude, hahaha yeah, jesus christ.

Rudy is Sean Astin's character. (his actual character name was Jim) Felix was the fat Hispanic dude.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I was wondering if the Master was going to use Kelly for something more than just another drone in the ranks, and sure enough he seems to be.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I think next week I'll just watch the last 15 minutes, and then if they're good, I'll watch the first 45 minutes of the immediate replay. Because the only important parts of that episode were "Fitzwilliam doesn't agree with his boss" and "Eph's wife is a vampire and now he knows it." We didn't need an hour to get there.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Some of these vampire vs. protagonist scenes stretch the believability that they wouldn't be infected by even a single worm. Like you'd think that in that struggle, at least one of the worms would have gotten Gus.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
So a vamp definitely saw Dutch go into the pawn shop and I'm sure they're about to get run on.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I always like it when someone is the voice of reason in a show like this ("I'm an escaped fugitive, who's going to believe me?") and then everyone else shouts them down.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Well next week is the season finale, so more accurately it's "see you in season 2." :smith:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Meep meep, 8650835!

I don't dislike the show, but this would make it 800,000 times better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I started reading the first of the three books and holy god the pacing is even worse than the show I think. Halfway through the first book, and I think they've just covered the events of the first episode of the show.

• Locked thread