Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's a self aware horror genre piece. I think the sloppy writing fits that perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Man, I bet Sean Astin is going to be mighty mad when he realizes he gave that ring wraith an easy was to cross the river without riding down to the ferry.

With all of the card business I feel like he has to have a pretty good clue that he just did something involved in spreading the disease, if not the specifics about grim reaper Dracula.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's stupid as hell, but I'm loving it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

*2 days later* Hey, we never heard back from the morgue guy and apparently nobody went to the morgue or like tried to call him in that time. Well, time to check that out!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teek posted:

Yeah that was ridiculous. No one in the city went to the city morgue all day?

But was it two days? I thought it seemed from one night to the next.

Maybe, the sense of time is pretty strange. He had enough time to go to an AA meeting in the middle of it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's... not the reaction I would have if my dick fell off.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WitchFetish posted:

Cigar-smoking, no-bullshit pest control guy is quickly becoming my favorite character.

I really wish he was the central protagonist instead of whine-dad.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I could slow down the whole Internet, if I wanted to. But I don't.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's not really the right phrasing for it. It's more like "Local mom gets rid of annoying neighbors using this one weird trick."

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Someone should change the name of the thread to "Of course I didn't call the police!"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

This show cares so little for realism or sense that I'm surprised that's the straw that broke the camel's back for you. If you're looking for a cogent and sensible plot, then this might not be the show for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

This show is b-movie horror. I don't know if it's intentional, or just a consequence of lazy writing, but basically everything fits perfectly if you think of this as a longer version of a slasher flick where everyone is as stupid as they need to be to make sure the lumbering guy with a hatchet can kill them in a satisfying way.

Avasculous posted:

This.

It's hard to even know where to begin with the insane logic gaps the show is using to force the incompetent authorities trope in the first couple of episodes alone.

Has everyone on the show just forgotten about the huge, creepy, non-diegetic evil box disappearing mid-investigation? Or the airport official being brutally murdered 50 yards away from the investigation? Or the fact that the CDC discovered a novel pathogen on board a plane with 200 dead people?

I was enjoying the show despite this stuff for pulp entertainment, but the glacial pace is really starting to wear thin. It just seems like they're determined to waste as much screentime as possible- how many different arcs do we need for family member turns into mindless zombie and eats disbelieving father/neighbor/urologist + pudgy bounty hunter? How many nobody-believes-Ephraim/Abraham scenes do we need? How many reminders do we need that Palmer is dying and waiting for Ichorst to save him?

Especially in the last episode, there were so many scenes that did absolutely nothing to advance the plot.

I actually feel like last episode picked up the pace a little bit.

• Locked thread