Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Is there anything worse than a bad kid actor? Jesus gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

It really was completely unnecessary to show how the mom got changed and changed others, we get how the whole system worked did we really need 3/4ths of an episode devoted to re-explaining how they go after loved ones and the like? Seriously now.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Yeah seriously I've been noticing the ADR 'streets in chaos' stuff since before the gas station episode and it doesn't seem to be noticed by the characters at all. I really have a feeling when this was filmed it was dialed back a good bit, like how they were directed to act, as if the plague hadn't taken such a hold. Then they watched it, and realized how loving boring it was, probably re-edited it and dropped in all those sound effects. So in my opinion this is a LESS boring version that originally filmed which is saying a lot.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Scenes of borderline autistic kid and senile mom are so terrible they grace the farcical. Expected the cell phone to ring in the tunnels giving Eph away from that stupid kid, was pleasantly surprised it didn't pull that one out. Recreated a scene from Aliens including the hair and lighting looking almost identical. I can appreciate the completely otherworldly effect they were going for for the Master and you can't say it's bad special effects even if on a personal level you have trouble taking it seriously. Agreed they really should have done the backstory of the Master previous to them getting in the poo poo with him like that.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

It was super funny when he would snap the gun up for an instant and score headshots against bobbing-and-weaving vampires, he turns to shoot a guy standing closer, stationary, and lines up the shot. Misses twice. At least it's consistent with the tongues being amazingly accurate except when being propelled at a character that isn't slated to die, then they are frequently missed/easily dodged.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

They're trying too hard in some areas, trying to make it too emotional for the wrong things, trying to have a silly level of levity in other places and trying to be a serious action thing and end-of-the-world scenario without ever letting you feel that the world is actually ending, because everything is so locally focused and they don't bring the characters to places where the wider scope of everything could be taken in. It just shifts tones so much and when it combines with the crummy actors that get an inordinate amount of screen time and inconsequential things like how the wife got turned and her 'journey' when all she ends up being to the plot is another kind of antagonist.. well it just turns into this big hot mess. It's like a KFC famous bowl but not nearly as delicious when you're stoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I really thought with the look on Eph's face after he three stooge'd out the window, that his next line was going to be "Why didn't you attack him when he was right there?!" But no. That would make too much sense.

• Locked thread