Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
There's a difference between Corey Stoll and Corey Stoll in a hairpiece. He's more hairpiece now than man. (No, but seriously, that thing is distracting as hell. And I'm usually the one rolling my eyes at people who are just so proud of being able to identify when some random actor's hair happens to be a piece, even though it's not an issue unless you're looking for it.)

Other than that though, I like the clichés. The show is embracing its genre. Good. It hits the beats you kinda see coming, but then gives it an enjoyable twist and/or it just works. Like that guy getting his face bashed in when he comes across the vampire/monster. You know he's hosed, but the show takes it a step further. Not-Van-Helsing shows he's a badass then goes to his secret lair to do something weird, except the weirdness is still pretty cool, so hey, I'll go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
They're probably building to something in the future, and it's background for now until it merges with the main plot. The problem isn't that it's there, just that it's not very engaging and not being handled with much finesse.

• Locked thread