Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zVxTeflon posted:

Is this gonna have a buncha corporate vampire poo poo like Blade or Underworld or whatever the gently caress? First episode was interesting except for every time they cut to the highrise vampire guy pulling the plot strings with his minions or whatever. That part was crap

The majority of vampires are like the ones in the morgue scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of funny how the Nazi vampire guy basically reversed his IRL make up with that scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really hate stuff where teeth fall out so this is super gross.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His dick fell off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

His dick fell off.

Wait, now his dick fell off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

And made a perfectly smooth Ken doll-like mound.

Yeah, that was kind of goofy but I think they did it that way more to get the point across than to be realistic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you like the kind of vampires on this show and have already read the books I would suggest the David Wellington "Laura Caxton" series of novels. He does a similar thing where vampires are out and out monsters. His series is set in a world where people know about vampires, they just think they're extinct.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drifter posted:

I always felt that one movie that had vampires up in the alaska or wahtever, 30 days of night(?) seemed like it hinted at some really cool vampire history and civilization, but then it went nowhere.

I had fun with the movie however.

I'm going to check out your recc. I always enjoyed the necroscope versions of vampires. Those were kinda cool.

I believe you can read the first Laura Caxton book, 13 Bullets, on Wellington's website.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xoidanor posted:

He's great but I don't really see how he relates to the rest of the plot yet. :shrug:

Just give it some time as he's a pretty big part of the main group.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

etalian posted:

The show is realistic since the tech hacker wanted a pawned PS4 instead of Xbox.

I did like how they actually used a modern up to date console, which would be reasonable as something a teenager would want.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dodecalypse posted:

Is that a big rear end incinerator? In a hospital?!

Yes, hospitals need to incinerate medical waste.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was to show some background on what's going on, the chop shop guys mentioned that their phones weren't working and the internet was down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also weren't talking about the entire internet all over the world, just the internet for the island of Manhattan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drifter posted:

The book I mentioned a while back was called The Unblemished, by Conrad Williams.

Untraditional mindcontrol vampires and whatnot. It was pretty good from what I remember. They didn't try to fit in to society or use the tools of civilization to control it, more than to just destroy and dominate or whatever.

Eh, I wouldn't really call those guys vampires. They were more like ghouls.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was substantially shittier than the effects have been.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god that was so goddamn gross.

frgildan posted:

I love that the girl that made a run for it succeed.

Well, maybe. She wasn't killed right there. Who knows how far she actually made it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The gas pump bit was pretty good too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like that she's not dragging out the reveal of her part in this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that they skipped pretty much all of The Master's backstory. Like why he's a giant dude and the meaning of the cane.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's been a while since I read the books but doesn't the first book talk about Sardu?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whispering Machines posted:

They explain his huge body in the first chapter of the first book and then the batshit angels and demons origins poo poo in the third.

What did you guys think of the Masters Nosferatu meets Voldemort face?

They might be leaving out the first part to make it more of a surprise when he switches bodies.

As for the Master's face, I thought it was fine. It was a little goofy because of his giant head but that's probably the only time we'll ever really see it that clearly so not really a big deal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She was a pretty terrible teacher considering she just ran off and left her students without a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hcreight posted:

So I see they're not afraid of child murder scenes. :stare:

Well there was that dead kid at the beginning.

I kind of hope we get some behind the scenes stuff because I have to imagine the pre-production shots of people doing the vampire mouth are pretty funny.

• Locked thread