Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Show is decent so far. I loved the books despite the mediocre writing in parts. I would encourage everyone to stick with this show because it has the potential to turn into a gem. The source material has some really cool concepts and mythology that would show well on TV if they use it right. After watching the second episode I would definitely tell you to withhold judgement for a few more episodes because we have barely gotten into the story. All that being said, at this point I could see it going either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I've said it before, but I think the show is taking to long to get into the meat of the story and it might turn some viewers off. I can already see it in a few of the reactions in this thread. Trust me though, when it takes off it will take off. It should be next episode, but can't possibly be later than the one after that. If you are on the fence stick with it a little longer. How they handle the takeoff and consequences will determine if this show is worth it or not. I am a book fan obviously.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Sucrose posted:

Shouldn't about half of New York be infected by next episode, since vampires are now running amok through the streets and they apparently infect everyone they drain unless they deliberately smash the brain/spinal cord?

I raised some concerns in this thread early on about the pacing the show was setting in relation to the books and based on some of the criticisms I see here I may have been right.

At this point in the story of the book I think only 2 days have passed, and half of New York will be infected really soon. Everything we see in the show also happens in the book, but it's packed into such a short period of time a lot of the dumb decisions and non-responsiveness of the authorities makes more sense.

The show hasn't portrayed this well and should have been into the widespread outbreak 2-3 episodes ago. We saw the attack in the hospital this week so I am hoping things are going to change with next weeks episode.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Re: Giant Hands

There is an explanation for his size/hands in the book. Hopefully they get to it as it is pretty interesting.

Re: Crushing Hands

It wasn't just randomly sadistic. He knew he was the one who carved his coffin. It was his own way of saying thanks and making sure that it would always be his best and final work so he could never forget it.

• Locked thread