Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Some Numbers posted:

A fair point. We're thinking Goodwill up both the Cop and the Salaryman and try to move the Girl to the City?

Or was it move the girl, immobilize the Shrine Maiden and Goodwill up the Cop?
Move Girl horizontal, immobilize Maiden, +2 the Cop. At least that's the safest option I can think of if we don't wanna gamble with trying to guess what the cards she's played are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Move Girl horizontal, immobilize Maiden, +2 the Cop. At least that's the safest option I can think of if we don't wanna gamble with trying to guess what the cards she's played are.

This if you want to be all good people and poo poo and don't see murdering everyone as a way to simplify the puzzle. Allow me to recommend you a book.

I've already played a +2 and a Forbid Movement card, ##Play Move Student Girl Horizontal

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I have also already played a +2 Goodwill, so ##Play Forbid Movement on Shrine Maiden.

Fat Samurai is in charge, so I'll let you guys decide if we're plusing the cop or sacrificing the doctor.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Samurai, you played your Goodwill +2 on the previous loop. You should have it back now.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Fat Samurai posted:

I've already played a +2 and a Forbid Movement card, ##Play Move Student Girl Horizontal

You've only played Forbid Movement this Loop. You still have +2 Goodwill. The asterisk cards are once per loop, not once per game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Play +2 Goodwill on the Cop.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

LOOP 2/3, DAY 2/4 - DAY OF THE MURDER
LEADER: FAT SAMURAI

Discards: Goodwill +2 (Some Numbers), Forbid Movement (Fat Samurai)

Day Start: Nothing happens.

Mastermind Cards: Mastermind plays cards on the Girl Student, the Shrine Maiden, and the Office Worker.

Protagonist Cards and Resolution:
  • Fat Samurai plays Move Horizontal on the Girl Student.
  • Poison Mushroom plays +2 Goodwill on the Police Officer.
  • Some Numbers plays Forbid Movement on the Shrine Maiden.
  • Mastermind reveals +1 Paranoia on the Office Worker.
  • Mastermind reveals Move Horizontal on the Girl Student.
  • Mastermind reveals Move Vertical on the Shrine Maiden. Forbidden!

Movement on Girl Student consolidates into Move Horizontal.

Forbid Movement (Some Numbers) and +2 Goodwill (Poison Mushroom) are discarded.

Mastermind Abilities: ...? The Office Worker becomes a little more paranoid!

Goodwill Abilities: Not enough goodwill.

Incident: ...

...?!

The culprit panics!

---

...hello? Is there anyone here?

Wha...? What are you doing here?!

Oh! I'm sorry, am I bothering anyone? I was told to come here by a--

SHUT UP! Who let you in here?

!!!

You're not supposed to be here! No one's supposed to be here! It's all wrong!

I-I-I'm sorry! I didn't know. I can just leave...

No...no it doesn't matter. It's okay. I can just fix this.

Excuxe me, what are you...wha?!

It's fine. Everything's fine.

S-stop! Don't come any...I...I'll scream, I swear I'll...I'll...Ah....AAAAAAIIIEEEEEEE!

ghk...! ghh...ghr...gle...

The Girl Student has been killed!

The loop ends prematurely! The protagonists lose!

Travelling backwards in time...please wait...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, that's a hell of a thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, the Office Worker is the Culprit, then. Does that mean he's also the Killer, or are those two separate roles?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

"Hidden Role" and "Culprit of a given event" have nothing to do with one another.

So it says nothing either way about him being the Killer or any other role. All it tells you is that he cannot be the culprit of any other event. (So he's definitely not going to commit suicide on day three. I'm certain this is a comfort to you all.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shiiiit.

Okay. This is a little worrying, but okay.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay, things we know:

1) The schoolgirl is the most important person in the game.
2) The Shrine Maiden is a serial killer.
3) On day 2, if the Salary Man is paranoid, he will kill someone.
4) On day 3, someone might commit suicide.

Oh god, can the Key Person also be the one who commits suicide? The schoolgirl killing herself and ending the loop would be hilarious and awful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Oh god, can the Key Person also be the one who commits suicide? The schoolgirl killing herself and ending the last loop for a loss would be hilarious and awful.
Can't think of a better way for us to lose, honestly.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sorry to butt in on the game, but can I ask a rules question? IF the Office Worker is the Murder Culprit, then how did he panic? The upper left of the card has a paranoia limit of 2, so is that not the same as his threshold? Or is the paranoia threshold secret as well, and his just happened to be 1?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

No, his paranoia limit is 2. He got one from the +1 Paranoia card and one for ~*~*~*~mysterious reasons~*~*~*~ during the Mastermind Abilities step.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gutter Owl posted:

No, his paranoia limit is 2. He got one from the +1 Paranoia card and one for ~*~*~*~mysterious reasons~*~*~*~ during the Mastermind Abilities step.
Cop's the Misleader, got it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Gutter Owl posted:

Ahh, I didn't see that part. Thanks!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
Solution: make killers do laps. Clearly they murder from a lack of proper exercise.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Can the Misleader Paranoia himself?

And the two culprits don't have to be the same? :ohdear:

And we still don't know who the Killer is...

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Can the Misleader Paranoia himself?

And the two culprits don't have to be the same? :ohdear:

And we still don't know who the Killer is...

a) Yes, surprisingly. There's a specific sidebar in the rulebook that calls this out.

b) As I mentioned in the rulepost, the culprits cannot be the same. Each event must have a separate culprit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

One more looooop!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
This is a pretty cool game, thanks for running this GO. Though I'll be damned if I can keep track of what's going on half as much as the people actually playing...I think I need to draw myself a flowchart.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Sorry about the delay, guys. Busy weekend. I'll have something up this evening.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

And more delays, sorry. Things have gone insane at work. Will have new loop up once I have free time again.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No problem, we'll twiddle our thumbs in the vortex.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Or imagine progressively more complex "what if" scenarios.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Guys, guys, what if Gutter Owl is the Key Person?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Guys, guys, what if Gutter Owl is the Key Person?

:psyboom:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

THERE IS NO HOPE. YOU WILL FAIL.

LOOP 3/3, DAY 1/4
LEADER: POISON MUSHROOM

Day Start: Nothing happens.

Mastermind Cards: Mastermind plays cards on the Girl Student, the Boy Student, and the Shrine Maiden!

Protagonist Cards: :siren: Protagonists, how will you respond? :siren:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, poo poo. This could go bad right from the start. Her focusing means we're doing something right, right? I hope?

I've got a bit of a madcap idea. We put Move Vertical on the Boy, and Restrict Movement on the Maiden. Then, we move the girl Horizontally. This way, we're almost guaranteed to A) get the Maiden away from the Girl, and B) get the Boy away from the Girl. We're past the point of information gathering, we're in survival mode now, and that seems as good a way as any.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Why do we want the Boy and Girl apart? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like a bit more insight into your decision process.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We're still possibly missing a Killer for the Main Plot. Dead boy means one less person who it could be. Though, admittedly, the office worker is the really dangerous one.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

GO has played so far, besides movement cards:

- Paranoia +1 on the Office Worker (2 times)
- Intrigue +1 on the School (2 times)
- Paranoia +1 on the Girl Student

This seems to indicate that the Main Plot will be A Place to Protect, which means there is no Killer or brain on the Board. Add the lack of Intrigue cards (needed to use the Killer, and placed by the Brain), and this seems a workable theory. Or the Boy student could be the Killer, but I doubt that GO would kill him via Serial Killer and waste so many cards in the School just to bluff.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Boy. GO still hasn't made a move to place Intrigue on him, so it's a relatively safe assumption to think he's not the Killer. On the other hand, goodwilling him+2 could make us drop one Paranoia from the girl, which could save our asses on turn 3. We don't have much more to do with our Goodwill considering discovering roles is less a priority now than in previous loops.

Another thing to note is that the Office Worker cannot enter the school, so it's a location as safe as the City.

GO best play that I can see is +1 Paranoia on the Girl, Move Vertical on the Maiden and whatever on Boy Student (watch it be +2 Intrigue and kill us)

My play would be Forbidding Movement on the Girl, Moving the Doctor to the Shrine just in case and either Goodwilling or Forbid Intrigue on Boy student.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 23, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't like just assuming that the boy is safe. She hasn't once used an Intrigue +2 on the School, which would be a shoo-in for an A Place To Protect victory. Why not? Maybe because if we let it through, we'd see it was a bluff because we wouldn't lose. So, it's entirely possible that the Intrigue cards were a bluff. I don't like a plan that has a 50% chance of us immediately getting the girl stabbed.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I don't see a way to get the Girl stabbed if we play a Forbid Intrigue on the Boy?

In any case, I think it's time to start making some assumptions. We cannot cover every eventuality and GO could have killed the Girl via Killer if he was the Boy before and hasn't done it. Even more, she has killed the Boy before on Day 1 Loop 2.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 23, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Here's a potential problem. If there's a Move on both the Shrine Maiden and the Boy, the Shrine Maiden will end up in the School alone with the Girl which means she dies and we lose.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

There's only 1 Move Vertical card in GOs hand.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Boy could be Move Horizontal?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, I completely missed that :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

I don't see a way to get the Girl stabbed if we play a Forbid Intrigue on the Boy?

Had to think about this for a moment, but I think you've misread the Killer role. The Killer's first ability activates if the Key Person has 2+ intrigue. So if you want to prevent the Killer from murdering the Key Person, you'd need to play Forbid Intrigue on the Key Person (or keep the Key Person and the Killer in separate locations).

(Do note, the Killer's secondary ability activates if there's 4+ intrigue on the Killer. But that's for killing the protagonists, not the Key Person.)

• Locked thread