Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It goes without saying I'm getting Kirby but, I would like some advice on the second game. Old style Final Fantasy sounds pretty appealing but I've heard bad things about the middle-end of Bravely Default. On the other hand, I've heard Mario Golf has a lot of content, and brings back the old RPG style single player thing from the game boy game.

I'm not going to get any of the other games because they are rear end and/or I already have them. So, Imp Zone, advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If mario golf has the RPG thing go for that. Otherwise gently caress those, get SMT4.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

fronz posted:

If mario golf has the RPG thing go for that. Otherwise gently caress those, get SMT4.

I bought SMT4 with Fire Emblem back when that was a thing, and also I have yet to play it.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
get pokemon op

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Fair warning that dream team is boring as hell and is in constant tutorial mode for the entire loving game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

fronz posted:

Fair warning that dream team is boring as hell and is in constant tutorial mode for the entire loving game.

I've been playing that game like one level per 2 months, incredibly slowly, and I think that is the pace the developers intended. So, it's a fine game, if you take it at that pace.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

As someone currently in the middle-end of Bravely Default I will confirm it is poo poo.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I bought SMT4 with Fire Emblem back when that was a thing, and also I have yet to play it.

play that instead of geting new games noob

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

BKPR posted:

As someone currently in the middle-end of Bravely Default I will confirm it is poo poo.

i thought it was pretty good until the looper thing

ive heard a lot of good poo poo for the zelda game id get that

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
video games are for children

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pigswill posted:

play that instead of geting new games noob

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
that being said, i'd get zelda.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
k
i
r
b
y

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Minrad posted:

i thought it was pretty good until the looper thing

that's the part i'm mad about, yeah.

also i agree, play SMT4

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Zelda, you seriously have to ask?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zelda is apparently good and tomodachi life is good if you have friends and like silly poo poo

Other games are lame as heck

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I already have Zelda and pokemon and tomodachi life!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mabels big day posted:

I already have Zelda and pokemon and tomodachi life!

gently caress!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
kirby and youshi then.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Don't buy anymore video games

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
buy kirby twice and give the second one to a friend. look how nice you are. you're such a good friend

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Rune factory 4, the answer is rune factory 4

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Flynn Taggart posted:

Rune factory 4, the answer is rune factory 4

Gameplay features elements not part of any previous Rune Factory title such as speaking with dragons and having long term relationships before marriage.[1] Unique features include defeating boss monsters who occasionally become potential marriage candidates.[6]

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

medibot posted:

buy kirby twice and give the second one to a friend. look how nice you are. you're such a good friend

This is actually the best suggestion given so far.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
etrian odyssey 4

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Gameplay features elements not part of any previous Rune Factory title such as speaking with dragons and having long term relationships before marriage.[1] Unique features include defeating boss monsters who occasionally become potential marriage candidates.[6]

Get on this poo poo

And you a jive rear end turkey if you ain't down on that conception II

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flynn Taggart posted:

Get on this poo poo

And you a jive rear end turkey if you ain't down on that conception II

uhh isn't conception ii like Fire emblem awakening except everyone's a teenage girl?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Uhhh I don't see these dumb RPGs in the ad

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
I havent played pokemon seriously since red/blue so y is a blast

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i haven't played since crystal and x/y are so mind numbingly polished hat i don't feel like i'm playing a game.

smt4 made me sad because i did the village dungeon (?) and now i can't go back there to get monsters so all i have is weak stuff from the dungeon in town to fuse

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Uhhh I don't see these dumb RPGs in the ad

buy them all anyway

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

FauxGateau posted:

uhh isn't conception ii like Fire emblem awakening except everyone's a teenage girl?

Jive rear end turkey

Soral
May 30, 2009

fronz posted:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Hog Butcher posted:

i haven't played since crystal and x/y are so mind numbingly polished hat i don't feel like i'm playing a game.

smt4 made me sad because i did the village dungeon (?) and now i can't go back there to get monsters so all i have is weak stuff from the dungeon in town to fuse

Go deeper in the town dungeon and stuff gets better

Soral
May 30, 2009

pokeman, a link between worlds, and bravely default are the Good Games in that flier. if you like zelda at all then get a link between worlds, also known as the best zelda game in over a decade

Soral
May 30, 2009

if you want a stupid toy to waste time with, get tomodachi life

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I'd go for Mario golf personally

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Bravely default features the laziest and worst arbitrary extension of playtime basically ever.

Mario golf has some light rpg elements and is basically the best thing in that ad that you don't own.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

exmorte posted:

Bravely default features the laziest and worst arbitrary extension of playtime basically ever.

one or two cycles less would have been fine but yeah this is fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

good thing the game gives you the option to skip the last bunch of cycles and theyre all totally optional

• Locked thread