Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I do not believe it is working that way in the US, but I could be wrong.

Think you're right. For some dumb reason you can preload it in euroland or if you make a euro account, but not a US one.

I'm too lazy to bother making a 'foreign' account to do it, though it's supposedly really easy to set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
To try to cut this off at the pass, could we not fill the thread with "I've applied" posts, take that to PGS.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644857&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Ajax fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 16, 2014

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Application processing for the Goon group is automated. I don't have the instructions on hand but that's how I did it yesterday.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

whoknew posted:

You can sign up for the Bungie.net group now. Visit http://destiny.sub.io to get started.

Angry_Nohman
Oct 16, 2012
I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a midnight start;

The Destiny Beta FAQ posted:

Q. Great! When is this glorious Destiny Beta of which you speak?

On PS4 and PS3, the Destiny Beta will begin on July 17th at 10AM PDT.

On Xbox One and Xbox 360, the Destiny Beta will begin on July 23rd at 10AM PDT.

The Destiny Beta will be OFFLINE for maintenance on all systems from July 21st and July 22nd PDT.

The Destiny Beta will close at end of the day on July 26th PDT.

I have no idea if that's old news, I only noticed it today.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Angry_Nohman posted:

That's what time my countdown clock is saying as well, yeah. "A few short hours" = "Anything under 24 hours" technically!

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

Angry_Nohman posted:

I mostly just want to be able to start the download at midnight so it's ready to go when they do start (10am PDT sounds likely, that's what the one guy on the IGN stream said earlier today)

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I had hoped that people that pre-ordered through PSN would be able to download ahead of time since they do not have to enter codes. That would have been nice to lighten and spread out the load a little bit.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

grrarg posted:

I had hoped that people that pre-ordered through PSN would be able to download ahead of time since they do not have to enter codes. That would have been nice to lighten and spread out the load a little bit.

They were, just not in the US.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Have they said how many focuses there will be per class yet? I know we know of 1 more per class beyond what people start with, have they indicated if there would be more than that?.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Bruc posted:

Have they said how many focuses there will be per class yet? I know we know of 1 more per class beyond what people start with, have they indicated if there would be more than that?.

They said 3 subclasses but no idea what that breaks down to at this point

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

monkeu posted:

I already answered you in the old thread. You click into the SA group on Bungie.net and then it's an option along the top bar thing. You may need to do it on a computer, not sure if it's an option on the app / mobile.

Just want to confirm that it works on the mobile app.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Unconfirmed: Level cap for is 8 until it resumes on the 23rd. Supposedly said at one point on the IGN stream by Deej.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Delaio posted:

Just want to confirm that it works on the mobile app.

Where did you find this in the mobile app? The website is throwing "Unexpected error (3)" when I try and set my clan, but I can't see a way to do it on the mobile app.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lumpy posted:

Where did you find this in the mobile app? The website is throwing "Unexpected error (3)" when I try and set my clan, but I can't see a way to do it on the mobile app.

This happened to me because my clan was already set, so you might have clicked it twice already.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

whoknew posted:

You can now set SA Goons as your PlayStation or XBox clan.

Also we are now an alliance.

Awesome. Sent a request as MALpractice on PS4.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

DrNutt posted:

This happened to me because my clan was already set, so you might have clicked it twice already.

Sadly, nope. Guess I'll have to please try again later. I'm just itching to do *something* Destiny related...

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
At work tonight & have to switch hotels when I get off in the morning. I left my PS4 on stand-by back at my room hoping beyond hope it'll all be DL'd by the time I get off.

I wish there was a setting on the console to re-try failed downloads every x minutes.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The download will almost likely not start on it's own. You'll have to do it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Bungie just confirmed on the IGN livesteam that the xbone beta is not running at 1080p.

Source: http://n4g.com/news/1550271/destiny-beta-on-xbox-one-will-not-be-running-at-1080p-will-reach-1080p-by-launch

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 17, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MrLonghair posted:

Unconfirmed: Level cap for is 8 until it resumes on the 23rd. Supposedly said at one point on the IGN stream by Deej.

That would be lame. I'll have a lvl8 of every class by the 23rd.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Fateo McMurray posted:

The download will almost likely not start on it's own. You'll have to do it.

Well at least that's a tolerable outcome given my situation.

A month & a half at my new office; weekends off. It figures that during the initial beta drop, I'd end up out of town at a hotel & working nights for my client.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Ularg posted:

That would be lame. I'll have a lvl8 of every class by the 23rd.

Leveling might not be as fast as it was in alpha for testing purposes, since the beta is longer.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's a free beta. I mean. What do you want the whole game?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I CANT loving WAIT, poo poo!!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I just hope they let us start pre-loading the client sometime before 10am because that's when I gotta be at work and I'd like to have it ready when I get home.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Republicans posted:

I just hope they let us start pre-loading the client sometime before 10am because that's when I gotta be at work and I'd like to have it ready when I get home.

I just want someone at Bungie to say "gently caress it" and hit the beta button.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GruntyThrst posted:

Leveling might not be as fast as it was in alpha for testing purposes, since the beta is longer.

Plus I think they mentioned during the stream that you'll start at level 1, not 75% of the way through 3 like the alpha.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I don't care if they wait to the designated 10 PDT time as long as the Sony servers don't loving explode. Which they will.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Typical US goon reaction (mine included) to finding out there's no pre-load:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I am mildly excited about this beta but it's my 4th wedding anniversary tomorrow and my wife wants me to spend time with her. bitch

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Is there any information on when the Ghost packages will go available for sale? Or did I already miss that boat? Please don't let it be the latter, I need something extremely stupid to spend my money on.

Also, I missed out on the alpha so I'm incredibly hyped to play this beta tomorrow. It sounds like Borderlands, which I loved, except tweaked in every way I wanted it to be tweaked. You drat bastards at Bungie can have all my money if you deliver on even a portion of my hype.

leidend posted:

I am mildly excited about this beta but it's my 4th wedding anniversary tomorrow and my wife wants me to spend time with her. bitch

You have one clear solution: kill you're wife

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

leidend posted:

Give her a PS4 and a beta code as the anniversary present.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Silver Striker posted:

Is there any information on when the Ghost packages will go available for sale? Or did I already miss that boat? Please don't let it be the latter, I need something extremely stupid to spend my money on.

Also, I missed out on the alpha so I'm incredibly hyped to play this beta tomorrow. It sounds like Borderlands, which I loved, except tweaked in every way I wanted it to be tweaked. You drat bastards at Bungie can have all my money if you deliver on even a portion of my hype.

Ghost editions are long gone. Bungie may release more but they've said they want them to be rare so honestly I doubt it.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

monkeu posted:

Ghost editions are long gone. Bungie may release more but they've said they want them to be rare so honestly I doubt it.

drat. Oh well :sigh: I preordered back when there was only the basic version so this is what I get for not being vigilant. May just shift my preorder to a digital copy then, especially since I'll be able to preload.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Silver Striker posted:

Clearly. I'm getting a piece of poo poo Samsung smart watch delivered tomorrow too, but I won't be home because she wants to go for a walk. Women are terrible.

Ularg posted:

Give her a PS4 and a beta code as the anniversary present.

I suggested that already. I'm paying for a hotel in Whistler instead. :(

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Ugh, gently caress. I never received my Beta key from Best Buy.

Went and re-preordered today, haven't gotten a key.

Amazon says it'll take up to two days to get a key. Tomorrow is my only day off for like 10 days.

Do I want to cry like a girl? Yep. Time to hit up the PGS thread, I guess.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Everyone gets 3 codes (except digital orders)

There are going to be so many codes

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

When I ordered from Amazon I got my code in 10 seconds. Some other people have reported not receiving theirs for awhile though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Was really excited to play this and in the middle of playing some Infamous, my PS4 decided to just shut off and now it won't boot, it just blue lights, clicks twice and then goes off. :emo:

• Locked thread