Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:

Fateo McMurray posted:

I'm pretty sure new downloads need to be started manually. Only updates start automatically.

You can start new downloads from the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Fateo McMurray posted:

I'm pretty sure new downloads need to be started manually. Only updates start automatically.

Can't you just access to your download list from the website and start it from there?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yes but that's still starting it manually. If you think the download will just automatically start on its own like updates do you're gonna be disappointed.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yes but that's still starting it manually. If you think the download will just automatically start on its own like updates do you're gonna be disappointed.

That's good to know, I did assume it would be automatic. Still it's nice to be able to do it remotely. Just have to remember to kick it off.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
So if I pre-order from PSN where exactly do I get my code?

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

So if I pre-order from PSN where exactly do I get my code?

Should be a "From Playstation" notification that you might get at like 9PM based on how well the PSN works

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Save Russian Jews posted:

Should be a "From Playstation" notification that you might get at like 9PM based on how well the PSN works

whoa, 9pm?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

de_dust posted:

whoa, 9pm?

It was a joke.

Kinda.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
If anyone is from the US and doesn't want to weather 6 million people downloading at 10am PT all at once, if you make a EU PSN account and preorder from there, you don't get charged and you start downloading the beta immediately. You can then go to Settings > PSN > Account Information > Wallet > Transaction History and you can cancel the preorder from there after the download is completed

VarXX fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 17, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

echronorian posted:

Couldn't register my profile from the OP link, my name is mongochron and I requested the clan page. Also, thanks for being on top of all the Destiny news MrLongHair so that we don't have to trawl neogaf/official forums ourselves.

Not sure what your issue actually was that you can't authenticate, but you should be posting about it in the PGS thread instead of here.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Anyone know any gameplay details about the beta?

Like what the lvl/content cap is exactly? I'm assuming (hoping) it's going to be a bit further along than the level 8 of the alpha so we can get a better peek at what the game is really like past the newbie zone type levels and gear.

Also add me to the list of people who want to play this, yet really don't want to play it simultaneously. Partly because a piece of me just wants to experience it as a whole on release day, especially since I already got a taste of it during the Alpha anyway, and also because I kind of want to keep playing Divinity: Original Sin and not get sucked into playing this alone for the next 10 days.

The other part is screaming "Dude, loving Destiny. Play that poo poo, beta or not. What is wrong with you?"

edit: Also, to add, I pre-ordered from PSN and haven't gotten a key yet. Guessing most people are in the same boat? Is there any way to download the client early without the key?

Damo fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 17, 2014

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's 8 sorry be disappointed with your free week long beta

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
You talking to me? 10 days was just a guess, and it being 8 days doesn't bother me. poo poo I'd be fine with 2 days again. Where did you get the idea that I'm disappointed with anything? I didn't say a single word against the beta. I haven't got a problem with anything. The only reason I mentioned wishing I could resist playing it is because I'm having a blast playing Divinity at the moment. :confused:

Damo fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 17, 2014

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's level 8.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Cancelled my Amazon preorder and decided to buy the digital edition. Figure I might as well since I missed out on the physical collectors editions. If I get an extra beta code, and it seems like I might, I'll definitely post it in this thread. Doesn't look like I can start downloading the beta yet, at least through the web store, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. Hopefully it'll be ready by the time I get home today.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Level 8 will be accomplished in a few hours after release. They'll end up raising it up higher when the servers go down for maintenance.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what the PS3 version looks and plays like. Some engines handle PS3 far better than 360 like Source. Any peeps here with HDMI capturing equipment and HDCP circumvention stuff ready for it?

suddenlyissoon posted:

Level 8 will be accomplished in a few hours after release.

It was sped up for alpha, it'll be more realistic now.

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

It's probably a safe assumption that Bungie are better at optimising for 360 than PS3.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well this is beautiful. I hope that quote isn't really taken out.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

suddenlyissoon posted:

Level 8 will be accomplished in a few hours after release. They'll end up raising it up higher when the servers go down for maintenance.

As MrLonghair alluded to, it shouldn't be nearly as fast as the alpha. There's been a few posts on the Destiny reddit that have said experience seems to be awarded slower, plus you start of at level 1 whereas in the alpha it was 2 or 3.

Also, glimmer accumulating slower & spinmetal being rarer are kinda' neat changes too.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Also, glimmer accumulating slower & spinmetal being rarer are kinda' neat changes too.

Less gambling with cyber-Gheed, more grinding :smith:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Sorry if this should be obvious, but since I pre-ordered from the PS store I just have to wait until the Destiny beta shows up on my download list? Or do I have to dig around for it in the store (I haven't been able to find it if this is the case).

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
never seen an op rush so hard to be the first to make a thread that they left out 90% of the content

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Has anyone heard about the 75 people clan limit cap?

Apparently Neogaf is splitting their own clan in a federation of regional sub-clans because of it.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Skeleton King posted:

never seen an op rush so hard to be the first to make a thread that they left out 90% of the content

Um, he was asking in the old thread for ideas/submissions...did you put in to help? If not, shut up. Besides, it's the goddamn beta.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Skeleton King posted:

Seriously, and what's up with the thread title? We couldn't have got something better than that?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Skeleton King posted:

There is a first time for everything.

Destiny is that time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

It was sped up for alpha, it'll be more realistic now.

Leveling is still pretty fast though. With the low level cap, I think the focus is really on still making Destiny a FPS far more then an RPG.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And what about those drat airline peanuts?

Who gives a gently caress about a beta first post.

If it was mine it would show a picture of the box and go, this game is great - out September. Buy it! And then you could all post and not care anymore about the post.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

limaCAT posted:

Apparently Neogaf is splitting their own clan in a federation of regional sub-clans because of it.

If so, it would make sense that a few of us can't join the PS clan right now. Multiple goon groups worked so well in GTAV, ugh. :smith:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

limaCAT posted:

Could be true. On the SA Goon clanpage, it's listed as 80 Clanmates and 226 Members right now. When I tried to click the "Set as Playstation Clan" it comes up with "We've encountered an error, please try again (3)"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I want this on a T-shirt.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Skeleton King posted:

Oh you mean the copy pasted content from 2012 leaks and outdated 2013 presentations and articles written up by other sites like the previous one which long had people crying for a new thread with beta information and the majority being okay with a barebones OP as long as it had the most important information in it?

Yeah, that's the one. Nobody else lifted a finger on making a new thread, I even improvised what you see in it after a shift-delete accident, the game is changing and Bungie are secretive so the OP is in progress together with the game and grows as we figure things out.

e: There, I added a link to the old thread OP.

I want to add a clever Halo + Borderlands (+ ThirdGame) screenshot-combo in the OP to make it more understandable what the game is though, maybe even in bandwidth-friendly gif format. Taking suggestions and contributions.

And I decided to not go with the FROM THE MOON meme when making the thread title. Three people gave suggestions though.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 17, 2014

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

limaCAT posted:

Well, no big deal if it is a limit. Has that been confirmed yet? We can just create clans and add them to the SA Goons alliance. Whoever volunteers to run the individual clan groups should just use SA Goons group membership to determine if an applicant is a goon or not.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Kloaked00 posted:

Could be true. On the SA Goon clanpage, it's listed as 80 Clanmates and 226 Members right now. When I tried to click the "Set as Playstation Clan" it comes up with "We've encountered an error, please try again (3)"

The Neogaf Thread has good info on how clans currently work.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856555
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121370059&postcount=383
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121386682&postcount=733

MrLonghair posted:

Yeah, that's the one. Nobody else lifted a finger on making a new thread, I even improvised what you see in it after a shift-delete accident, the game is changing and Bungie are secretive so the OP is in progress together with the game and grows as we figure things out.

Oh well, I used to have the official xbox one thread (even if I hated it). No one of the xbone supporters wanted to open one even if that clearly meant having one person less trolling their own thread.
That's goons for you.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Seriously, and what's up with the thread title? We couldn't have got something better than that?

Mr Longhair is Swedish. This said i'd rather have this thread title than a series of random words taken from the ikea catalog.

DESTINY: Besta Malm Norvick Vettre

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

And I decided to not go with the FROM THE MOON meme when making the thread title. Three people gave suggestions though.

The dialog has been changed for the beta anyways, so it's even relevant anymore.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I said come in! posted:

The dialog has been changed for the beta anyways,

:negative:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

So, do we want to do regional sub-clans, or just random sub-clans that we add as needed? I don't see why we couldn't have both, so feel free to create groups as desired and apply for membership to the SA Goons alliance.

whoknew fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

I think regional is a better option as long as it's not too difficult logistically.

• Locked thread