Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«61 »
  • Locked thread
PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

CLUCKWORK SHOT

The hammmerer has fulfilled the mandate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

Good riddance, Grandicap!

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

CLUCKWORK SHOT

A snap decision was made at the last minute. But was it a correct one?

Grandicap, Noble-aligned Undertaker (Stump-Maker ...?) has been killed!

There are no reports as to the cause of death!

Night 7! 24 hours. Probably quicker.

-----

Votecount for Day 7

Grandicap (5): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, The Science of Suck, Juanito, Anonymous
Juanito (2): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Grandicap
CapitalistPig (0): Juanito, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry, Opopanax, Juanito
Philip J. Fry (0): The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck

Not Voting (2): chaoslord, mr.capps

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 13th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

--------------------------------
Anonymous = The Hammerer

The Science of Suck is permanently Hated!

Ghosts are stumps and cannot vote, be voted, or be targeted by powers!

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

CLUCKWORK SHOT

Someone's had an Unfortunate Accident.

The Science of Suck, Noble-aligned Mayor (Condemner/Pardoner) has been killed!

There are no reports as to the cause of death!

tearshed has passed on from this realm!

bowmore was not properly laid to rest and their spirit has returned to the land of the living!

Grandicap was not properly laid to rest and their spirit has returned to the land of the living!

Day 8 begins now! Deadline is Friday, August 15th, at 10 PM EST!

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!

I guess it's probably juanito

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (6): CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Juanito, mr.capps, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Anonymous = The Hammerer

The Science of Suck is permanently Hated!

48-hour deadline!

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

CLUCKWORK SHOT

Ignore that, I hosed it up in a lot of ways.

Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (6): CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Juanito, mr.capps, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 15th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Anonymous = The Hammerer

24-hour deadline!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

~~~~ooOOOOoooOOooOOOoOOOOOOOoooooOOOoooOOOOOooooo~~~~
I am a messenger from beyond the veil. Woe to the invaders who have slain me. Woe is me, I as I have been slain.
So, I got a cool power now that I'm dead, I get a 1-shot cop who's result I can send to a player tonight.
I get to have fun deciding who to send the result to so they aren't dead when it occurs, and even more fun deciding the target of the investigation.
My alignment remains congruant with town's.
~~~~ooOOOOoooOOooOOOoOOOOOOOoooooOOOoooOOOOOooooo~~~~

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?

Hell Gem

I don't have a doubt Cpig is scum now. I had my doubts about tearshed's investigation results, but at least tearshed told the truth.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lot of words incoming. Having a bad day at work and so I'm gonna kinda vent with how long this post is. Feel free to jump right over it because it's a bunch of talking aloud and theorycrafting and most of it is likely to be wrong. If you only read one other paragraph than this one, read the last one.

So where was everyone last night? Grandi was the only possible lynch from the numbers until four minutes from the deadline when Grandi himself showed up. I'm not sure if Juanito is a better lynch anymore, I'm thinking he's town now but this is more a principle of the matter deal. I'll put my hand up and say we probably could have gotten Juanito lynched if I had actually put my vote down instead of waiting for people to come around because then maybe SoS would have left his vote in place and Grandi could have come in and hammered but with him not showing up until literally 4 minutes from deadline it didn't look like anyone was around for that to even happen. But! This might be "better lucky than good" territory for keeping a townie alive instead of a noble.

IF tearshed's "pairs" theory holds water, what we are looking at based on claims and flips is

???/Tearshed as cops
Ras/Somber as docs
Opop/Kumba as masons
Bowmore/Fry as vig/BP
TT/??? as watcher/tracker
Hurt/me as VT

Jefe and AC as scum with 2 more scum for a 4 person scum team. Grandi, SoS, 3E, and 1 more as 4 nobles. Hal as Other

Unaccounted for in this is Juan, Cpig, BN, Capps, and Meds. We all seem to agree with Meds as a cop, so plug him in. Then it comes down to "Well what about BN?" I'm starting to think BN was a backup that might have been noble aligned or some crap like that. IDK. That's really where it breaks down. But lets pretend for a moment that he is exactly that because hell this game has been crazy enough who knows what we are dealing with. From there, if Juanito is the other tracker/watcher (who knows), it's possible we're looking at CPig/Capps. It would make sense (maybe?) to give scum a double voter but temper that against a Mayor who can take that vote away if need be. Or maybe this is all crazy talk.

I'm gonna eat lunch and go yell at SQL server some more. Basically be careful with your votes yall. If capps is actually scum (which hell if I know anymore), then a single vote on anyone can be game over since he is a double voter + has a scumbro still, I assume. But if anyone has a compelling case I'm open to it because I am out of idea.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

You turn the corner and see a greenskinned fuckmidget.
Roll for initiative.

##vote Juanito

Nice try

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

Oh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

Who here is a noble?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

mr.capps posted:

Who here is a noble?

I am

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

Just me right?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

I am the last noble that is alive?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself

Hell Gem

I think so, capps

##vote Cpig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Unless Juanito/Cpig are going to claim noble I think you are

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

The scum have to kill nobles.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself

Hell Gem

tearshed posted:

~
Well, if Chaos or Juan claim VT, then that could mean my investigation on cpig got hosed and Cpig is (possibly) the last scum.

But then how did he get the VT flavour before Hurt flipped on D3? Cpig claimed miner on day 1. No time for scum night actions. What are the chances that the mod gave the scum the VT flavour?
~

tearshed posted:

~
With 5 minutes to deadline, I'm going to come clean. I did not investigate Cpig. I investigated Kumba.

However, I want to stress that there is no possible way for Cpig to have gotten the miner flavour unless the mod gave scum the VT flavour. Please consider this fact in the future days.

Good luck.
~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

That is it, that is the gimmick.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

What happens when all the nobles die I don't know.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

But I assume it involves CHAOS

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself

Hell Gem

chaoslord posted:

Lot of words incoming. Having a bad day at work and so I'm gonna kinda vent with how long this post is. Feel free to jump right over it because it's a bunch of talking aloud and theorycrafting and most of it is likely to be wrong. If you only read one other paragraph than this one, read the last one.

So where was everyone last night? Grandi was the only possible lynch from the numbers until four minutes from the deadline when Grandi himself showed up. I'm not sure if Juanito is a better lynch anymore, I'm thinking he's town now but this is more a principle of the matter deal. I'll put my hand up and say we probably could have gotten Juanito lynched if I had actually put my vote down instead of waiting for people to come around because then maybe SoS would have left his vote in place and Grandi could have come in and hammered but with him not showing up until literally 4 minutes from deadline it didn't look like anyone was around for that to even happen. But! This might be "better lucky than good" territory for keeping a townie alive instead of a noble.

IF tearshed's "pairs" theory holds water, what we are looking at based on claims and flips is

???/Tearshed as cops
Ras/Somber as docs
Opop/Kumba as masons
Bowmore/Fry as vig/BP
TT/??? as watcher/tracker
Hurt/me as VT

Jefe and AC as scum with 2 more scum for a 4 person scum team. Grandi, SoS, 3E, and 1 more as 4 nobles. Hal as Other

Unaccounted for in this is Juan, Cpig, BN, Capps, and Meds. We all seem to agree with Meds as a cop, so plug him in. Then it comes down to "Well what about BN?" I'm starting to think BN was a backup that might have been noble aligned or some crap like that. IDK. That's really where it breaks down. But lets pretend for a moment that he is exactly that because hell this game has been crazy enough who knows what we are dealing with. From there, if Juanito is the other tracker/watcher (who knows), it's possible we're looking at CPig/Capps. It would make sense (maybe?) to give scum a double voter but temper that against a Mayor who can take that vote away if need be. Or maybe this is all crazy talk.

I'm gonna eat lunch and go yell at SQL server some more. Basically be careful with your votes yall. If capps is actually scum (which hell if I know anymore), then a single vote on anyone can be game over since he is a double voter + has a scumbro still, I assume. But if anyone has a compelling case I'm open to it because I am out of idea.
I am a two-shot town watcher. Used both shots to get no useful results

When tearshed was asking about your role, and whether you were miller watcher, I'd said

Juanito posted:

I know he ain't no stinkin' watcher.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

Nice try scum

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

The only two options are nobles are either
a: a red herring
or
b: a scum objective to kill

if its a why would the scum be targeting the nobles when they are a giant red herring that keeps heat off of their back. one possible answer is that maybe scum don't know what the nobles are either and just want to see what happens when they kill them all, but I think b is more likely.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

is there any reason why chaoslord isn't scum by the way?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If it is the goal to kill nobles, why did it take this long to take us out? I claimed way super early and got lynched yesterday, SoS was killed last night? Seems unlikely

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

mr.capps posted:

is there any reason why chaoslord isn't scum by the way?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

Grandicap posted:

If it is the goal to kill nobles, why did it take this long to take us out? I claimed way super early and got lynched yesterday, SoS was killed last night? Seems unlikely

lollygagging

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

also chaoslord is scum by the way

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

there is no reason why sos is dead instead of me except if someone wanted to lynch me today

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself

Hell Gem

what about Cpig?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

chaoslord why would you do such a stupid plan???

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

mr.capps posted:

also chaoslord is scum by the way

You misspelled Juanito

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

Juanito posted:

what about Cpig?

shh i am asking why chaoslord did such a stupid plan

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

ugh will both of you shutup

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

mr.capps posted:

ugh will both of you shutup

no

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

check it out
a post

did we ever found out what the bastard role was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito