Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Riptor posted:

I would love a legit yakitori lesson, particularly how to make a good tare
This is the world's best tare recipe, trust me. I actually used mizuame and it makes a world of difference.
http://shizuokagourmet.com/yakitori-saucetare-recipes-13/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Looks like ra-yu/chili oil. A few drops can go a long way.

Someone else may have a more accurate answer, however.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Looks like a saury, or sanma. They're an oily fish, I think?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Yeah, I'm getting some serious noodle envy. However, I think you were supposed to be looking for konbu, rather than wakame. There's a pretty big difference.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Oh okay, I gotcha. Konbu is thicker and sold in large strips, and imparts much more umami and MSG, while wakame is dramatically thinner and usually comes in shriveled dried flakes. But different strokes, so I trust you to use what you want in what you like. :D

Sorry if I'm sperging, I really really like my seaweed. :blush:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

This past week when I was starving with not much to eat in the house, I made miso soup, threw some rice in, and topped with torn nori and furikake. It was like chazuke without the tea. Pretty drat delicious and filling to boot.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Not that I have any right providing insight when it comes to plants (because I kill anything green that comes into my possession) but aren't you supposed to pinch them as soon as it starts budding?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

That looks great. Is that smoked bacon on top? How was it? It didn't overpower the other flavors did it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Goddddd why is Japanese mayo so good
Went to a small family restaurant nearby and ordered some truffle fries. It was gimmicky as hell, we couldn't taste any trace of truffle (not that we would know in the first place), and the fries came to the table cold. The mayo made it all better though.