Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I have ordered this book! It is a very nice book! Thanks for the coupon!

Fair warning: I also have that book and while the recipes are nice, the writer is ... not so nice. Kind of self-righteous and gaggy at times about her "simple farm life" while she insists on spending on organic local only for everything, not just food, and tosses money away at things like hoarding antique containers bought from markets. If you're any way on a budget, she can be annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I grow most of my own vegetables and use mostly antique containers so it must be right up my alley!

This is a thing most farm people do because we tend to have lots of old stuff hanging around, and we also, you know, grow stuff.

There is a distinct difference between that and the antics in that book, including an anecdote where the author has the vapors when she discovered that the charcoal she's been using came from out of the country and wasn't pure artisanal, which was apparently a crime so terrible she had flashbacks to "the countless barbecued meals I had unwittingly infused with that soulless smoke".

But, you know, whatever.