Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Going against all my better judgement I decided to try natto. I figure since I've been fine with every other fermented food I've ever had this wouldn't be too bad. At first it was fine, the smell was intense but not all together unpleasant, earthy with a bit of a musty cheese aroma. Then I put it in my mouth. Texture was fine, slimy but find. But the flavor, it tasted like vomit, straight up. Even with the sauce.

Definitely going to stick to other areas of the cuisine from now one, especially udon, love cooking udon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Lawman 0 posted:

I have some dried nori sitting in my pantry what should I do with it?
Also I don't like/don't want to make sushi.

Onigiri maybe? Though that may be a bit too similar to sushi if it's the rice you don't like. Maybe a nori bento?