Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

EVG posted:

Just checking to see if this is legit or a troll. Because it sounds kinda delicious, and kinda trashy at the same time.

Nah, Golden Curry is legit if you're brain-dead tired and can't face pizza again or something. Pretty tasty and zero effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Stringent posted:

onigiri molds what the gently caress?

use your hands you loving sperg.

Find a better way of expressing yourself, friend.

There is no need for this sort of aggression over rice.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Anyone have good suggestions for tofu? I'm not a huge fan, but a block of extra firm got left at my place.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Do it.

Especially if you have good banchan recipes, I miss having a good Korean restaurant nearby.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

More curry powder, and garam masala instead of your sub will help. I'd also use regular cayenne or chili powder instead of the white pepper, that makes a major flavor difference.

How dark did you cook your roux? Darker roux = nuttier, richer flavor although less thickening, and that's part of why S&B's blocks are dark brown. I'd probably shoot for medium brown roux for this.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The starch from the potatoes helps too.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Super simple but I haven't made these in a while and I forgot how much I like the saltiness.

Crossposting from the dinnerthread, realized I still had some medium grain rice and nori around, so it's onigiri for breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I've only had umeboshi filled onigiri once, but it was pretty good. Sour and salty together is a fun flavor profile.

Personally, I like salmon when I can get it, or tuna. The ones I made today are plain, and plain with shiso furikake.