Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

Helith posted:

You can also get Japanese Chili oil which is just Sesame oil with chili in it and it's got a good kick to it. I find mine in the Japanese section of the Asian grocers I use here in Sydney. It's a condiment so it comes in small bottles, but I bet you could make your own too.

This is also extremely delicious to eat just over a bowl of steaming hot rice. It's like... the ultimate comfort food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

hallo spacedog posted:

The most common brand they usually have at the Asian Markets near me is S&B, and it usually looks something like this:

There are more specialty brands if you live near a Mitsuwa/Marukai or maybe some H-Marts, but generally this one is sold all over the place.

At the tiny grocery near my campus they have Momoya's "Seems spicy, isn't spicy, kinda spicy chili oil." (Yeah, that's the whole name.) Comes in a little glass bottle like this:

It's pretty good! But I don't know how widespread it is, I've been spoiled by this little store. I've had S&B too, it's also good.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

Oh, yeah, it's not spicy at all. I guess that's where this conversation started, huh? It's tasty though.