Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Elysium posted:

Drafted 10th out of 12, .5 ppr. I think I chose... poorly.

1. (10) Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
2. (15) Peyton Manning (Den - QB)
3. (34) Toby Gerhart (Jax - RB)
4. (39) Reggie Bush (Det - RB)
5. (58) DeSean Jackson (Was - WR)
6. (63) Mike Wallace (Mia - WR)
7. (82) Trent Richardson (Ind - RB)
8. (87) Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
9. (106) Sammy Watkins (Buf - WR)
10. (111) Darren Sproles (Phi - RB)
11. (130) Greg Jennings (Min - WR)
12. (135) Heath Miller (Pit - TE)
13. (154) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
14. (159) Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)
15. (178) Cody Parkey (Phi - K)

I've never not gone with RBs or WRs for my first two picks before. By the time it got around to me again the pickings were... slim.

Yeah, that looks like it could end up being brutal. Then again, you potentially have two of the best players at their positions. I suspect your mistake was in the third and fourth rounds. I bet there were more talented receivers in that spot than the running backs you grabbed at their relative position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jota posted:

Money league with my friends. 10 team/ESPN standard scoring. 2nd pick

Thinking I need to make a move for another WR

I think your most notable mistake was taking both Cameron and Rudolph. Otherwise I'd rate Wallace my WR2 over Patterson. I think the team is alright, you don't need to make a drastic move for a better WR.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I think your most notable mistake was taking both Cameron and Rudolph. Otherwise I'd rate Wallace my WR2 over Patterson. I think the team is alright, you don't need to make a drastic move for a better WR.

One dude offered me Sammy Watkins for Rudolph. Think I should make that trade?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I believe Sammy Watkins will be redraft poison this year.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jota posted:

One dude offered me Sammy Watkins for Rudolph. Think I should make that trade?

Rudolph should be a productive TE while Watkins is an unknown with injury problems. How weak at TE is he, and what other WRs does he have?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Rudolph should be a productive TE while Watkins is an unknown with injury problems. How weak at TE is he, and what other WRs does he have?

His starting TE is Heath Miller and the only WRs on his bench are Watkins and Maclin. I asked him about Maclin already and he said no chance in hell. He thinks Maclin will be a beast this year. Thinking I might just hold on to Rudolph for now I guess.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jota posted:

His starting TE is Heath Miller and the only WRs on his bench are Watkins and Maclin. I asked him about Maclin already and he said no chance in hell. He thinks Maclin will be a beast this year. Thinking I might just hold on to Rudolph for now I guess.

Rudolph > Maclin imo. Sounds like he wants freebies.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Jota posted:

He thinks Maclin will be a beast this year.

lol

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Peyton Manning
Antonio Brown
Andre Johnson
Doug Martin
Ben Tate
Jimmy Graham
Ryan Matthews
Cody Parkey
Bengals D

Colin Kaepernick
Maurice Jones-Drew
Knowshon Moreno
TY Hilton
Julian Edelman
Cecil Shorts III

Eight man league, standard format. Got the last pick and reached pretty bad on Peyton in the second, but I don't *feel* so bad about that so whatever. Of course I think I saw better teams than mine in this thread in 10/12 man leagues so that shows me, right?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I never got a response from earlier. This is an autodraft from a small-money league, and I've made a few adjustments to the roster since then. Just want to get an outsider opinion. ESPN standard, non-PPR.

QB: Nick Foles, Carson Palmer
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Demarco Murray, Fred Jackson, Bishop Sankey, Carlos Hyde, Andre Williams
WR: Antonio Brown, Pierre Garcon, Torrey Smith, Greg Jennings, Donnie Avery
TE: Jordan Cameron
D/ST: Lions, Browns
K: Robbie Gould

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

ESPN .5 PPR
QB: T. Brady
QB: J. Cutler
RB: J. Charles
RB: R. Bush
WR: Julio Jones
WR: K. Allen
WR: D. Hopkins
TE: R. Gronkowski
FLEX: T. Austin
D/ST: KC
K: S. Janikowski
C. Clay
J. Manziel

A couple of injuries to key players like last year and I could be screwed but I'm really liking my draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

lol back

(came in here looking for one of my posts and saw this. had to comment)

• Locked thread