Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Overmayor posted:

Don't cry for Ishii. He's indestructible.

Speaking of which, did anyone else flip out when Ishii tried turning things around during the machine gun chops?

Every time Ishii does the Terminator Spot and just starts walking through the chops, I lose my loving mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Doc Gallows just botched a body slam, after botching a sunset flip minutes before.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Honma is SO loving over.

He'll hit that falling headbutt SOMEDAY.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
The audio levels for the announcers and music seems pretty high tonight, and the stream keeps skipping every once in a while (which it hasn't done the first two days).

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Too sweet sleaze elemental

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm all in on Tenzan's mini-renaissance. The fans love him and his matches are better than they have been in years. I had no hope for him entering the tourney but now I hope he lasts at the top of the table as long as possible.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
c'mon shelton 10-0 baby!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Shelton Benjamin #1, baby.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Dunbar posted:

I'm all in on Tenzan's mini-renaissance. The fans love him and his matches are better than they have been in years. I had no hope for him entering the tourney but now I hope he lasts at the top of the table as long as possible.

I just hope he lasts in general.

Also Shelton undefeated, the dream still alive.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Naito busted open hardway!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

BLOOD

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Naito bleeding for Toru Yano.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Toru Yano pulls out another surprisingly great match.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
That might've actually been my favourite match so far, hopefully Naito isn't concussed, he seemed fine though.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Really nothing even close to a bad match so far. And this second half of the show coming up could be really good.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Wish that match had more time. But still good. Two good ones in a row for DBS Jr.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bad Luck Fale managed to botch a spear.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Goto/Suzuki was good, wish the result was different though. Don't get why they're pushing Shelton who no one gives a gently caress about but Suzuki himself is either wrestling YTR or jobbing.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
That was a amazing match, sad Kojima lost but still great.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
MOTG1

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
And Okada/Makabe outdo it, never seen Makabe do that spider german suplex before.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That was great, Makabe's one of those guys that can be bland in the upper midcard but can really deliver in a main event slot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Anyone who didn't see it: Go out of your way to see Okada vs Makabe.

Kazuchika Okada is straight-up, with no qualifiers, the best wrestler in the world.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 25, 2014

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I was completely buying what they were selling.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Anyone who didn't see it: Go out of your way to see Okada vs Makabe.

Kazuchika Okada is straight-up, with no qualifiers, the best wrestler in the world.

With Tanahashi taking a stepback/Okada somehow majorly improving even more, he's probably a shoe-in for WOTY at this point.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

There were a lot of weird booking decisions on this show, pretty much all of them related to Suzuki-Gun of all factions sweeping over Anderson, the #2 dude in the top heel stable, Shibata, who is in tomorrow's main event against Tanahashi, and Ishii, my personal fave of the G1.

At least Goto was able to beat Suzuki himself and stay undefeated.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

i find this extremely contentious

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Those last two matches were pretty great.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
The Gedo hand puppet might the be most adorable piece of merch I've ever seen.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

I Before E posted:

There were a lot of weird booking decisions on this show, pretty much all of them related to Suzuki-Gun of all factions sweeping over Anderson, the #2 dude in the top heel stable, Shibata, who is in tomorrow's main event against Tanahashi, and Ishii, my personal fave of the G1.

At least Goto was able to beat Suzuki himself and stay undefeated.

Because of the way they book the G1 so that the true contenders end up almost even in points going into the last day they will usually have unexpected people start either very strong or on a losing streak and working in the opposite for the rest of the tournament. So Shelton is basically getting most of his wins in the tournament out of the way at the start and will start jobbing soon.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ishin posted:

Because of the way they book the G1 so that the true contenders end up almost even in points going into the last day they will usually have unexpected people start either very strong or on a losing streak and working in the opposite for the rest of the tournament. So Shelton is basically getting most of his wins in the tournament out of the way at the start and will start jobbing soon.

They really should've found a way to not job Shibata to DBS Jr of all people right after he beats Shinsuke and before he's set to face Tanahashi in a very well built up main event grudge match though.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Thauros posted:

They really should've found a way to not job Shibata to DBS Jr of all people right after he beats Shinsuke and before he's set to face Tanahashi in a very well built up main event grudge match though.

Agree.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And probably should have found a way clear of not having to make Machine Gun not have to job three times in as many shows.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

NJPW, 7/25/14 (Samurai! TV/iPPV)
Yamagata Sports Center
2,700 Fans – No Vacancy

1. G1 Climax – Block A: Doc Gallows [2] beat Tomoaki Honma [0] (7:37) with the Gallows Pole.
2. G1 Climax – Block B: Lance Archer [2] beat Karl Anderson [0] (7:35) with the Blackout.
3. G1 Climax – Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan [4] beat Yujiro Takahashi [2] (11:16) with the Anaconda Max.
4. G1 Climax – Block A: Shelton Benjamin [6] beat Tomohiro Ishii [2] (8:11) with the Paydirt.
5. G1 Climax – Block B: Tetsuya Naito [4] beat Toru Yano [2] (9:11) with a Stardust press.
6. G1 Climax – Block A: Davey Boy Smith Jr. [2] beat Katsuyori Shibata [2] (9:42) with the Bulldog bomb.
7. G1 Climax – Block A: Bad Luck Fale [4] beat Yuji Nagata [2] (10:57) with the Bad Luck Fall.
8. G1 Climax – Block B: Hirooki Goto [6] beat Minoru Suzuki [0] (7:03) with the Goto Shiki.
9. G1 Climax – Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi [6] beat Satoshi Kojima [2] (13:01) with the High Fly Flow.
10. G1 Climax – Block B: Kazuchika Okada [6] beat Togi Makabe [2] (14:49) with the Rainmaker.

quote:

Block A:
1. Hiroshi Tanahashi [6]
- Shelton Benjamin [6]
3. Bad Luck Fale [4]
4. Yuji Nagata [2]
- Satoshi Kojima [2]
- Shinsuke Nakamura [2]
- Tomohiro Ishii [2]
- Doc Gallows [2]
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. [2]
10. Tomoaki Honma [0]

Block B:
1. Hirooki Goto [6]
- Kazuchika Okada [6]
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan [4]
- Tetsuya Naito [4]
5. Togi Makabe [2]
- AJ Styles [2]
- Toru Yano [2]
- Yujiro Takahashi [2]
- Lance Archer [2]
10. Karl Anderson [0]

Tomorrow's card is at 4 AM EDT, so a real lovely time for the eastern US but the card looks pretty stacked.

quote:

NJPW, 7/26/14 (WPW/iPPV)
Akita Prefectural Gymnasium

1. G1 Climax - Block A: Satoshi Kojima vs. Bad Luck Fale
2. G1 Climax - Block A: Shelton Benjamin vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
3. G1 Climax - Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Minoru Suzuki
4. G1 Climax - Block B: Hirooki Goto vs. Toru Yano
5. G1 Climax - Block A: Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii
6. G1 Climax - Block B: Togi Makabe vs. Lance Archer
7. G1 Climax - Block A: Yuji Nagata vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
8. G1 Climax - Block B: Tetsuya Naito vs. AJ Styles
9. G1 Climax - Block B: Kazuchika Okada vs. Karl Anderson
10. G1 Climax - Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Yujiro and Doc Gallows have the night off, so no major losses in that department. Shame that Machine Gun's winless heading into the semi-main with Okada though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm actually worried about Okada if he's going up against Machine Gun who has no wins.

Because unless they're going for total zero for Anderson, he has to start winning at some point.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm actually worried about Okada if he's going up against Machine Gun who has no wins.

Because unless they're going for total zero for Anderson, he has to start winning at some point.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he runs the table as he promised after Night 1. Even if he does lose though, a loss to Machine Gun via Yujiro interference setting up Okada utterly demolishing Yujiro a few nights later wouldn't be the worst thing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Okada going undefeated would be incredible, but I'm not sure about it.

Plus if he does lose, even to interference, I have to deal with the salty BC guys on twitter I've been smacktalking.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Babyfaces shouldn't make promises they can't keep. Okada should run the table and hopefully Nakamura wins the belt between now and January.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
drat that's a stacked card. Excited for Naito/AJ and Ishii/Honma II. Think MiSu/Tenzan could be a dark horse good match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just reading the words Shelton Benjamin vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. almost made me fall asleep but the rest looks real good, might actually catch the show live.

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Think MiSu/Tenzan could be a dark horse good match.

It was the worst New Japan match of the year in 2013 but with seemingly motivated and mobile Tenzan, who knows?

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 25, 2014

• Locked thread