Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

One week after going viral during after their show at the Magik Frog, Gypsy Widow was on tour. Or, at least, they were on the first leg of a tour. If pressed, Sherry would describe the tour’s itinerary as ‘reply hazy try again later.’ The band could go south, the band could go west, or the band could go in some other direction entirely. They would figure it out.

The past week was a blur. Chasing down bargains on the equipment that they needed for said tour, painting and repairing the van, getting costuming done, nailing down songs and sets while integrating a new drummer, and converting Konnie to lead singer / bassist.

In addition to tour prep and rehearsal, the ‘spirit police’ as Meg called them carved out a chunk of the band’s time to educate them on The Way The World Actually Is. The spirit police were counting on the fact that the band would find other supers on the road. They didn’t overtly say that the band would be ambassadors, but they were clear enough in the example they wanted.

And now, eight days since the Magik Frog burned and Gypsy Widow blew up the music blogosphere, band has finished their set and are heading back stage at the Philly Art School Block Party 2014—a joint event sponsored by the various Art and Design colleges in the city. It was a yearly block party to celebrate the beginning of the school year and collaborate on various pop up projects throughout the day. The event took place next to a public park, which allowed people to spill over into the park instead of turning the blocks that were closed down into sardine cans.

This year’s standout is a street encompassing three dimensional painting that looks as though you’re at the entrance into a cavern. The piece spans different art styles and motifs, from impressionistic Steampunk to line drawn sci-fi to subversions of renaissance religious figures, all disjointed depending on what artist contributed, but all well done and fitting within the overall concept. As the evening set in, flood lights were turned on to light the painting. The most popular corner featured two artists working on illustrating a Ferrari and a Great White Shark bursting out of the ground on a collision course with each other. Another highlight was a series of floating architectural installations along the far edge of the concert space. There were booths that housed other pieces, some for sale, as well as food vendors, dotting the block and the park.

Given that Gypsy Widow were unknowns known only for covers, the fact that they were the second to last act was a triumph for Sherry. She hoped their Soundcloud numbers would reflect that in the coming days. Volunteers from the various schools were working to get the stage ready for Habitats, a Philadelphia dream-pop / dark-wave duo with a decent following, returning home from their own modestly successful tour.

Despite a satisfying amount of applause, it’s a reality check that Gypsy Widow (but really, mostly Jules) still has to pack up their equipment and load it into The Frogger. As they did so, they could see that festivities were beginning to take a toll on many of the attendees. Early September in Philadelphia was hot and humid, though it was cooling as the evening progressed, many of the people the band see look dehydrated, sunburned, and pretty much like they’re about to pass out from a daylong bender. Hopefully some of those people bought merch.

Game on. Post sheets in first posts, etc.

xian fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

The setlist had been finalised for a couple days now, but Konnie was still going over it again and again. It was her baby. Ever since the Magik Frog burnt down and they got the tour offer, Kon had buried herself in organising the thing. It wasn’t hard to see that she was just trying to keep herself busy with something so she couldn’t dwell on what happened back in New York. But the work paid off, they had a tight 60 that had the old favourites and branched out into some new stuff. But

The gig kicked off with 'Bitch’, a long time Gypsy Widow firestarter. It wasn’t anything special, just your everyday airheady pop rock, but it set the scene and gave her and Meg an easy warm-up before the meat of the gig. It was also light on the drums and keys, giving Eliza and Jules a soft landing on their first actual stage show. They… well, Eliza was good, but they’d need some time to find their feet. Always happens when you have to blood the newbies.

Then came 'Off the Hook’, 'Patins’, and 'Give Up’. If Konnie was honest, these were pretty easy numbers as well. No stand-outs and nothing challenging going on here, unless you counted Meg and Jules getting a little singing time, but they definitely cut closer to rock. Which is always what matters most. They lead out of the warm-up and started to get into Gypsy Widow’s real sound, giving Meg some nice, driving guitar riffs to sink her fingers into.

'Rat is Dead’ was there to kick things into something a little more up-tempo and dancey. Everybody, up to and including Jules, joined in on the singing and Konnie was happy to bounce around the stage as she belted out the chorus. But then she moved into 'Partners in Crime’, one of the few songs that was for her and Meg to sing together (as the titular partners in crime, of course). And also one of their slower songs, while still being heavy on the rock it was also noticeably downtempo and worked Eliza’s piano skills into things.

This was clever on Konnie’s part, as 'Ruby Eyes’ relied heavily on working Eliza into the show, with both her violin and keys being called into service. And Kon would continue to emphasise the succubus as the set started to slow down, chill out, and transition through from pop rock to indie rock. With 'Faith in Love’ and 'Canvas’ both functionally being piano numbers, Eliza was even brought to the fore and left to shine in what Konnie had called the ‘mid-session-chill-out-zone’. This, in her mind, kept her from possibly acting out to get some spotlight later on in the set; the same principal she often applied to Meg.

And hiding in amongst the soft piano numbers and quiet songs about feelings and stuff was something new Konnie had been working on since the ‘bar burns down, band half splits up’ incident. And in her mind still needed work and, as such, shouldn’t be discussed by the band too much just yet. Something she, at one point in the past week, enforced at the tip of a broken beer bottle to Jules’ neck. Truth be told it was because 'Goodnight and Go’ was pretty personal to the lead singer and she was still working out her emotions about the whole thing. Eliza had a lot of synth work here, Konnie was pushing the limits of what sound the band could have.

Very quickly the set moved on to 'Sweet Religion’. While keeping Eliza engaged with the piano, the song also started to work Meg’s guitar and Konnie’s bass back into things after a slightly subdued period from the two. This was going to be the start of the upturn as Widow got into the back half of the show, working up to ending the gig with a bang.

And you can only do that with some heavy metal. ‘Angry Angel’ was the linkman, graduating Eliza’s key work from soft and gentle into something that gelled with Meg’s shredding and Konnie laying down that heavy bassline. Then Konnie wanted to work up the crowd, get them up and moving again, which is when 'Music is my Hot, Hot Sex’ came on. It wasn’t quite hard rock, but it was energetic and broke into a heavy guitar riff for Meg to jam out to. And when Meg started to jam, the room always joined in with her. Then there was the bang. ’Dynamite'. Driving hard guitars, heavy bass line, and screaming vocals. It was the perfect way to close the show.

……
………but you didn’t think that was it, did you? Saving the best for last, and the reason they’re even out on tour, Gypsy Widow burst out with their barnstorming performance of 'I Want You (She’s so Heavy)’. Konnie couldn’t even hear herself over the cheering and screaming of the crowd. This is what they wanted, ever since they caught the youtube link off of Gawker. Which is why Konnie made the bastards wait until the very end to hear it.

“-and we didn’t even burn down the stage!” Konnie quickly quips off the cuff as their Beatles cover came to an end with Meg’s droning guitar solo echoing out over the crowd. “Sorry to disappoint!!” She waves to the crowd with both hands, having to practically scream to get herself heard over the raucous hooting and hollering. She’s first off the stage, knowing Meg liked to stay on a bit longer to bask in the adulation of the crowd. It was always all for her.

By the time they were all backstage, Kon was already back in worrying about the band mode. “Are you sure this thing was tuned right?” Konnie, holding her bass in one hand, asks Sherry as she cracked open and downing in one steady go a bottle of ice cold water.

~

pre:
Konstantina Kulik
The Two Faces of Konnie, Plus her Tat

First Konnie sheet
Second Konnie sheet

Approaches:

Careful	[+2]
Clever	[+3]
Flashy	[+4]
Forceful[+4]
Powers	[+3]
Quick	[+1]
Sneaky	[+2]

Refresh	3/3

Aspects:

High Concept Frontwoman
- Invoke: Singing, Composing, Covering bass, Stage direction, Managing set lists, Stage presence, Controlling the image, Charisma
- Compel: A gig’s a gig, Nobody messes with the band, My way or the highway, Yell too much and nobody listens, Unwanted attention

Gypsy Widow would be nothing without me. Not saying that in a Meg way, the band just wouldn’t exist if I hadn’t started it. I talked Nat
into helping me out, I knew Meg and got her excited about being on stage, and then we all got Steph on board. And I’m the one who
actually networks and gets us gigs, and books the venues, and gets us all together to rehearse, and loving everything. I front Widow,
I put way more into Widow than anyone else, and if I have to lead Widow with an iron fist to make it work then that’s what I’m going to
do.

Origin The Wodnik
- Invoke: Spirit knowledge, Wodnik’s proxy, Frog eyes
- Compel: The Wodnik is watching, With great power comes crushing guilt and responsibility, How to lose friends & alienate people

Okay, so here’s a quick rundown of the Wodnik. He’s a hobo water spirit who’s been drowning people for shits and giggles for loving
ever. He doesn’t give a poo poo about anything that isn’t about water. Except me, he comes into my life out of loving nowhere and turns me
into a cloud to pay off some debt he owed my great great aunt or something. And then, naturally, that completely fucks up the rest of my
life, alienates me from my family, freaks Nat out so much she wants a ‘break’, and almost gets me killed in a burning bar.

But besides that? Great guy.

Trouble Punch. Drunk.
- Invoke: Brawling, Knows her booze, Hollow leg
- Compel: Short fuse, Drinks to cope, Never backs down from a fight

Look, I know I drink. But you guys blow it way out of proportion. You act like I’m a loving alcoholic or something, but that’s just
how we drink. The slivovitz we drink at home is stronger than anything I drink out with you guys. My Busha drinks loving siwucha, now
she has a problem. …and there’s nothing wrong with me getting fights, either. They’re always asking for it, loving drunk
assholes.

Signature Power Sublimation
- Invoke: Turn into Mist, Hydrokinesis, Can breathe underwater
- Compel: Drawn to bodies of water, Gotta keep hydrated, Vulnerable to strong heat or electrical currents

I looked it up on wikipedia, and turning something solid into a gas is sublimation. And I turn into mist so, you know, that’s me. I have a
pretty good handle on what I can do now, but I can’t really get credit for that. Most of it just sort of feels natural, and the crap that isn’t
like my Frog eyes the Wodnik helps me out with. Even the weird stuff like always ending up at a river and melting into the water when I
take a bath just feels sort of nice more than anything. Actually that’s kinda worrying when I think about it like that…

Aspect Polish and Poor
	Drive
- Invoke: Call on the family, Street Smarts, No money no problems, Pierogies, Mówię po polsku
- Compel: Family calls on me, Living hand to mouth, Picky about food, Rich rear end in a top hat behaviour, Having to pay her own way

So there’s Busha, Mama, and Tata. Then there’s Piotr, Pete’s been over in Germany helping to advertise chocolate or something for the
last year. Michał’s only a couple years younger, and he’s down in Philly with his boyfriend. I think Mike’s still at Comcast doing telecom
networks or some nerdy poo poo like that. Then Maja’s a nurse over at Kings County, Maj and I have always been super close since she’s just
a year older than me. Not that we get to see each other much right now, not unless we’re both back home helping out Busha. Thank God
for social media. Then there’s me, lead singer in a band OR unemployed errand girl according to Tata. Kunegunda just started at NYU on
a full scholarship and she is loving going places. I’m telling you, Kinga makes me look like a loving idiot. Really proud of her. Stanisław
is an ungrateful piece of poo poo, though. He has way more than any of us did ever did going into high school and he bitches about
loving everything. I had to get by on hand me downs and spare change from Mikey and whatever poo poo I got away with
stealing. Mama and Busha wouldn’t have even had enough food for all of us if we didn’t get donations from the church. And I was still
grateful and happy for every little bit of it. Ungrateful shitbird.

Aspect Proving Herself
- Invoke: Independent, Fiery, Takes no poo poo
- Compel: Self-doubt, Doesn’t respond well to criticism, Build yourself up only to get knocked down

If I have to narrow down the one thing motivates me, it’d have to be proving people wrong. I’ve had a lot people assume things about
me before because of my family or because of how I look or because of who I want to hang out with or because whatever. And nothing
makes me happier than seeing their faces when I show them up. Want to know why I started singing? Busha said I sounded like I had a toad
in my throat when I sung. When I was five.

Aspect Ford Transit
- Invoke: Home away from home, Room for one more, Check the glovebox
- Compel: Ford P.O.S, Redlines at 60, Technically stolen

So Pete’s first car was this crappy old van. Every time he gave us a ride to school or somewhere it reeked of gas and… I don’t know,
coolant or something. But he loved that drat thing. Enough that, even though he off overseas being a big important adman, he left it in
a lock up. So it looks like I just scored us a touring van.

Stunts:

Stunt Frog Phone
Because he owes me a debt, I can call the Wodnik once per scene for advice.

Stunt Best Offer
Because I have to get by on very little, I can haggle down and get a bargain once per scene.

Stunt Healing Water
Because my water is a little magic, I can soothe minor injuries once per scene.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Megan Patricia Harrison

The Three Faces of Meg

"Woo! Philly!" Meg declares, pumping her fist in the air for the umpteenth time. For some reason, utterly unknown to the band, Meg has an affection for the City of Brotherly Love. They've get a couple 'Woo! Philly!'s an hour since the band hit the city. Meg had likewise shown affection for costuming, and has packed the van with more than a fair share of items for the whole team. She might have even slipped a mirror dress or two in there. Unless Konnie found it and set it on fire during a bathroom stop.

Kon obsessed over the set list the whole way down, with the periodic input from Meg, slight nudges to adjust order, or, quite frankly, to give her fingers breaks between particularly intense guitar riffs. If she was still bothered by burning down the Magik Frog, she hasn't let it show. At all. She also seems ignorant of the Meg Containment Strategy, as she bounces around the stage with frenetic energy in a red catsuit that manages to match both her hair and her guitar. The mellow parts get her to stop moving, if only for a bit. By the time they amp back up to Music is my Hot, Hot Sex she's dancing and strutting, circling Konnie and looking alternately like she might collide or make out with her.

The rest of Gypsy Widow's wander off stage as Meg drags out the last few chords, riffing and circling back, dragging it out just a little bit longer. Habitats actually looks vaguely annoyed as they wait in the wings, and the flashing lights fade and then go back to a blinding white. Meg never knew when to quit, and having missed the chance for dramatic exit, she slinks off stage, arriving with the band slightly late. Not late enough that she can't grab Konnie's bass.

Meg turns it and flips it, eying the strings carefully, like one might sight down a rifle or a sword.

Meg posted:

Approaches:

Careful [+1]
Clever [+2]
Flashy [+4]
Forceful [+3]
Powers [+3]
Quick [+4]
Sneaky [+2]

Refresh: 3/3

Aspects:

Power Chords (High Concept, Drive)
- Invoke: Playing, putting on a show, costuming
- Compel: When the show must go on, when subtlety is needed

The only she's ever truly loved. The only thing she's truly good at. Interests, hobbies, activities, Meg's tended not to stick with any for long, except the guitar. Her uncle got her an refurbished Gibson for her tenth birthday. Thus kindled, Meg went ablaze, trying different styles, even composing some of her own songs. The singing she leaves to others. How many loves can a girl have?

Space Thingy! (Origin)
- Invoke: When seeing beyond the surface
- Compel: When having to explain herself

So Meg was out in Jersey with her then-BF Will and this meteorite came crashing down and hit the apartment. Not really a meteorite - a thing from space! It gave Meg powers and opened her to a world beyond the visible. Knowing doesn't mean she can share, and Meg has to cover a fair bit to explain everything from the strange things happening around her to her new hair color.

Continuous Rebellion (Trouble)
- Invoke: To be the life of the party
- Compel: To thumb her nose at the fam, to hog the spotlight

The Harrison family goes back to colonial times, so they say. Megan (never Meg) was supposed to be a doctor or lawyer or a harpist, something respectable. Heavens forfend a Harrison be in something like popular music. Sticking it to her stuffy, WASPy family is one of the things that drives Meg to greater and greater heights of awesome.

Super-Speed (Signature Power)
- Invoke: Covering large distances, doing something in a flash
- Compel: Hyperactive, wrong turns

Pure, unadulterated speed. Meg can run faster than a locomotive (even those really fast ones) and reacts amazingly quickly, allowing her to race through traffic. She's even found she can run up walls or over water. There's subtler effects too - her senses have extended, making it easier to sense obstacles while moving at speed.

Forcefields
- Invoke: When in need of protection
- Compel: Protective reflex

After running off the side of the Henry Hudson Parkway, Meg discovered a second power, very useful for one travelling at the speeds she did. A force field wrapped about her, protecting her from death during collisions - bumps and bruises at worst. After playing around with it, Meg discovered she could project the fields at will, wrapping objects in red bubbles, putting up walls over spaces, strong enough to walk on. She's still working on all she can do with it.

Poetry in Motion
- Invoke: Sticking up for herself, friends
- Compel: Getting pushed around

Meg's parents struggled to find their daughter something physical to do. They had the usual concerns - exercise, accomplishment, sense of team work. Meg bopped in and out of different activities until she got dragged to a then-boyfriend's Tae Kwon Do class. That she could get, the motions evoking a lyrical quality in Meg's mind. It was like dance! Meg's now a solidly intermediate student (she could do more if she practised regularly), and it's not only helped her ability to throw a punch - it's refined her sense of balance and poise and made her a stronger dancer and stage presence.

Fluttering Mind
- Invoke: Making intuitive leaps
- Compel: Focusing

Some would say Meg's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. That's not quite accurate - she's plenty sharp, just unable to find the knife at times. With her mind racing all the time, she can make some impressive intitutive leaps, even as more methodical thinking fails her.

Stunts:

"Mooooooooooooooooom!"
Because Meg is (not so) secretly from a WASPy family, she can call home to get money or help at the cost of all her pride (and likely getting sucked into some kind of family obligation)

"But I had this all along"
Once per scene, Meg can use her super-speed to race over to a known location, grab something needed, and return with it before anybody notices.

Stunt Name
Description

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry Wayne

Behind the scenes, while Meg wails away on her guitar, Sherry talks with the increasingly frustrated members of Habitats.

"Listen! They're here for you, right? You're the anchor, everyone's been waiting for you! What's two minutes?" She calls out high and clear, just loud enough to be heard over the music. Fortunately, the speakers are turned the other way.

"I understand! Swear, three minutes and I'll get the hook myself!" Sherry flashes a smile and throws her hands up in a theatrical shrug.

Fortunately, it doesn't take that long for Meg to wind up and wend her way offstage. Sherry is already there, giving Konnie a dubious look.

Regarding the guitar she tells Konnie, "To your specifications. With that set of forks we picked up at that creepy old music shop before we left New York. Twice." She doesn't suggest using one of those electronic tuning doohickeys she saw in one of those trade magazines. That didn't go over that great the last time. She smiles again. "Trust me, you sounded great."

---
pre:
Sherry's Facebook Profile Picture

Approaches:

Careful      [+4]
Clever       [+4]
Flashy       [+3]
Forceful     [+2]
Powers       [+2]
Quick        [+3]
Sneaky       [+1]

Aspects:

**Denote which Aspect is tagged to your Drive**

High Concept: Super-Temp
- Invoke: Collating, cross-referencing, compositing, organizing. Reading and
writing shorthand, operating everything in the office from the copier to the
phones. Jill-of-All-Trades
- Compel: When the numbers don't add up, when things demand to be sorted.

Sherry pushes, files, stamps, indexes, briefs, debriefs, and numbers. When data
needs mining, she brings her own hard-hat. She is the Mary Poppins of office
work, less the carpet bag and creepy umbrella.
She's picked up a lot of minor incidental skills and bits of lore, like what 'PC
Load Letter' means and how to dispel it, and (from one particularly strange
assignment) how to drive forklift.
Most importantly, she has the organizational skills to herd cats and organize a
piss-up in a dry county.

Origin: Self-Actualizing Narrative
- Invoke: Capitalizing on tropes, stirring the troops, serendipity
- Compel: high emotions and high drama, being manipulated by the tropes,
weirdness magnet

Sherry believes in the power of stories, and stories believe in her. Cinderella,
The New Colossus, the Sorcerer's Apprentice, they're reflections of forces and
themes that have shaped human history. Sherry's abilities and her unfortunate
history are both manifestations of this, fictional forces and drives manifesting
in reality.

Trouble: Another Pretty Face
- Invoke: Dazzlin', Underestimable, Honest Face
- Compel: Going Incognito; 'Friendly' Drunks

Sherry's value to her old employers was twofold: not only was she a drat fine
secretary, she made for drat pretty office furniture too. Working for powerful
men, who preferred their women to be quietly decorative and whose HR departments
were more accurately connections with the bricklayers' union, Sherry learned to
fake being quiet and even to play dumb, though it rankles her. She still has
trouble with the kind of person who thinks intelligence is inversely
proportional to physical attractiveness.

Signature Power: Prehensile Hair
- Invoke: Grappling, flaxen knuckles, climbing
- Compel: Distinctive, traditional hair frailties

Sherry's primary power is a form of limited psychokinesis. Weirdly limited
psychokinesis. She can animate her hair, with control going down to single
strands, imbuing it with tensile strength in the range of spider silk and
allowing it to grow at an astonishing rate. Being hair, it's vulnerable to
cutting, burning and the usual host of mistreatments, and when it gets wet
moving it becomes an effort like walking in thick, waterlogged clothing. Even
when she isn't using it as a blunt instrument or a dozen extra hands, its sheer
mass makes her stick out.

Basket Weaving
- Invoke: Protective cocoon, parachute, shopping bag, web belts
- Compel: Obvious, paper vs scissors, bad hair days

Telekinetically imbued, Sherry's hair has defensive capacities as well as
offensive ones. By weaving strands together, she can form protective cocoons
that are stronger than Kevlar, and parachutes that operate more under the
auspices of telekinesis and wishful thinking than traditional physics. Makes a
dandy knapsack, too. Limited utility against cutting implements, and if she has
a nasty case of the frizzies then there's nothing she can do with it.

Making Amends
- Invoke: Helping friends and people who need a boost; sniffing out underhanded
bullshit
- Compel: When she's found underhanded bullshit, or when she really should leave
well enough alone.

Sherry has never done anything really bad, and while she has worked for some
dangerous, scummy people in the past she was always unaware of things behind the
scenes. Regardless, a sense of guilt underlies the frustration of discovering
she was working for mobsters again, a feeling that if she had been more
observant, or didn't let a need for employment cloud her common sense, she might
have... she doesn't know. Then? Probably disappeared into Witness Protection, or
just plain disappeared. Now? Now that she has super powers, and friends with the
same, maybe she can balance things out. While she's always interested in helping
out, her experience with the personalities behind organized crime gives her a
sharpened edge when dealing with the same. Old Man Witherspoon had better hang
up that lousy ghost costume before the crew rolls into town.

Aspect Name
- Invoke: Words
- Compel: Words

Description

Stunts:

Rolodexterity
Sherry's worked for mobsters, been detected by cops, worked with the Sheriffs
and generally accrued enough contacts that the NSA probably has an entire
department assigned to her phone. If somebody needs something, she can usually
pull a string with someone.

Absolutely Fabulous
So often being used as arm candy for one boss or another has put Sherry in
contact with a wide variety of in-demand fashion designers. Costuming is never
an issue, with a little bit of warning. Context is another matter.

Stunt Name
Description
Refresh: 4/3

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 20, 2014

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza Scratch

"And she didn't even let me try and tune it!" Eliza pouts a little, but she's too busy to maintain it. Also, upside down.

At some point, someone installed a sturdy chin-up bar bolted to the wall of the backstage area. Apparently one of the other performers likes to stay in shape while waiting between sets. Eliza dangles from the bar by the backs of her knees, clad in Beetlejuice-striped stockings all the way up to the top of her thighs. It's a good thing she's wearing so many layers of white petticoats, because one can see right up under the white-ribboned wireframe hem of her black Victorian dress. Her long ink-black hangs down toward the floor, partially obscuring her glittered and glossed horns. (As part of her stage presence, she's discovered that a bit of gloss goes a long way in making her horns, wings, and tail look like well made prosthetic parts.)

Fresh from the stage, she's already got her iPhone out and checking the band's Twitter followers, fans' Tumblr blogs, and the Gypsy Widow Facebook page. Fingers fly as she bangs out replies, updates, and retweets, all while hanging upside-down. Hot drat, she loves this social media thing.

"And you know I could, too!" she adds, "I tune a violin for gently caress's sake." To be fair, it's probably for the best. She finds those electronic tuning doohickeys fascinating! Her eyes light up, glimmering red, "Oooh, new followers!" distracted again.

Of course, she made her own dramatic exit from the stage, as befits the devil "persona" she playfully presents for the fans. It's called Smokebomb! Paff!

pre:

Eliza Scratch

Approaches:

Careful      [+2]
Clever       [+3]
Flashy       [+3]
Forceful     [+1]
Powers       [+4]
Quick        [+2]
Sneaky       [+4]

Refresh: 5/3

Aspects:

High Concept Devil Musician

Eliza loves music. In many ways, she equates the expression, freedom, and harmony of music as the essential
reflection of the world in which she wants to live. Every spare moment she could manage, the imp spent teaching 
herself musical scale and instrument versatility so she could express herself in the same way.  Her specialties 
lie in keyboards and violins, but she knows her way around quite a few instruments, especially given a moment 
or few to experiment.

Piano, organ, harpsichord, keyboard; If it has keys, Eliza can play it. There's something about all of those
 little keys and the complexity of sounds they generate together that makes it a delightful play of rhythm and 
dexterity to the imp. She prefers rocking out with an electronic keyboard to classical piano, but that's mostly 
because there's more yelling involved and better parties.

Violins are another favorite, partly for sentimental reasons.  The first fiddle song to really arrest her ear was 
“The Devil Went Down to Georgia.”  She identifies with the song and it tickles her at the same time.  Beyond that,
 the versatility of the violin appeals to her; from haunting, tremulous, lingering strains to quick and lively 
prancing melodies well suited for pixy-like (or impish) dancers.  The sheer delicacy and mastery necessary
 to produce such a variety of harmonics with bow and taut strings also excites her fascination.  For
 better or worse, though, keyboards are more useful for a hard rocking, heavy partying musician like Eliza, and 
the violin remains a charming hobby.

- Invoke: Gigs, Rehearsals, Parties, Anytime she gets her hands on a musical instrument!
- Compel: The Power of Music Compels Her!  Nothing distracts her like music;  Nothing drives her like music!

Description

Origin Imp

Eliza is an imp. On the surface, that makes her a minor demon specializing in low-ranked servitude in Hell or as a
 gift-bonded slave to prospective diabolists with tempting souls or potential evil. In short, she is one of Hell's 
interns. On the upside, as a lesser fiend, she's immune to fire, disease, most poisons (but she can still 
indulge,) generally dying of natural causes, and is tougher than she looks.  Furthermore, like an infernal 
bumblebee, Eliza shouldn't be able to fly with those tiny wings of her, but she manages anyway.  It's as if 
fluttering her wings make her weightless.  Functionally ageless, she's looked about 19 years old for 107 years 
now and won't be getting older anytime soon.  She knows the occult world like the back of her 
hand... because the back of her hand -is- part of the occult world... and when she wasn't stationed on Earth, she 
was running errands in the Netherworld.

Being a imp has its problems.  As a devil-sprite, even if she doesn't work for Hell anymore, Eliza is vulnerable 
to the prohibitions imposed upon demons and spirits in general, holy magic, demon-trapping bottles, sacred 
ground, binding circles... holy symbols presented by true believers. It isn't as if she flinches anytime 
someone says "God" (especially if taken in vain; blasphemy doesn't hurt her.) or sees someone wearing a cross... 
but a priest of the cloth with real faith could compel her away such-wise.  

- Invoke: Knowing ancient secrets of the occult; flying like a devilish Mary Poppins; Netherworld memories; 
when having a prehensile tail helps grab things, when having horns help poke things, when having wings helps… 
well, fly;      
- Compel: When horns, tiny wings, and a spade-tipped tail are a pain to hide; Not caring about getting 
set on fire, etc.;  Being ageless is great but it means permanent cover is tough and relationships with 
non-immortals get awkward after a while;  If you think that’s bad, put her in a room with an angel or a priest;  
Holy “Magic” or Power or however you call it, puts a serious crimp in her style;  It’s a two way street, 
though… Her hexes can seriously mess up a spiritual holy mojo or feng shui if she gets the drop on a priest.

Description

Trouble Meddlesome Meddler

Further, as meddlesome as an imp is, Eliza cannot leave a problem alone. Part of it comes from a dread of boredom, 
but part of it comes from a functional, but imperfect understanding of morality and empathy. When something is 
wrong, or someone you like is sad, you fix it, right? Okay, perhaps tying the big bruiser's shoelaces together 
so he falls on his face in front of everyone was a bad idea, but it's a good thing to do, because he's mean 
and made the little girl cry! This sense of unpuzzling problems extends outside of the moral arena too, because 
it -is- a compulsive habit borne of doldrums as well... and Eliza tends to try her best to dismantle any 
enigma she finds, be they crossword puzzles, combination locks, or searching out the porn stash on your 
brother's laptop.  Really... she needs something to do at all time. Telling her to sit still and be quiet is 
dangerous.

- Invoke:  When you have a problem needs solving… if only because she’ll never let it go; when there’s not enough 
hours in a day and you need someone who can squeeze everything into it;

- Compel:  Imperfect grasp of the human condition (helping out is a good thing, right?;) Obsessive puzzle solver; 
Bored… boredboredboredbored oh, what’s this?  Always pack a 3DS for distraction purposes;

Description

Signature Power Impish Sorcery!

Spawned with a predilection for dark sorcery and a potent conduit for netherworldly energies; Eliza specializes in 
hexes, minor curses of mischief, bad luck, and vexing torment; as well as the element of fire.  While her jinxing 
hexes lack the flashiness and raw might of Hell's greater works; like the tumble of dominoes or the lighting 
of a fuse with a match, her spells cascade into a startling effect.

At its most elemental, Eliza's hexes infuse her victims with warped probability, cursing them with misfortune so
 that whatever can go wrong... will, at the worst moments. Objects break, weapons jam, plans unravel with 
unlikely fits of sudden entropy and the broken odds of a universe suddenly turned cruel and impish.

And if things need an extra nudge... with her magic hand, Eliza doesn't even need to touch something to manipulate 
it. She can grab objects with telekinetic force.... and bring considerable dexterity to bear. True, it isn't an 
overwhelming force, but often a clever touch is all she needs to help bad luck along by untying the right rope or 
flipping the wrong switch.

A snap of her fingers can start fires, and a flick of the wrist can toss them. Usually, this is visible, a little 
ball of fire vaulting from her palm; but if she's sneaky about it, it can look like the curtains just 
spontaneously caught aflame. As long as she aims right and doesn't hit the cat by mistake.  They say fire is a 
devil’s friend, and existing flames dance to her whims.  So she can usually extinguish the cat, sometimes at the 
expense of the potted fern.

- Invoke: Jinx ‘Em, Snag ‘Em, Burn ‘Em!; Font of Bad Luck and Netherworld Magic; Magical Improv and Spell Know 
How;
- Compel: Oops!  My Bad!  Don’t worry, his fur will grow back!

Description

Aspect Personal Assistant/Hell’s Gopher

The task of an imp familiar is serving a diabolist master.  Anything from maintaining ongoing ritual energies, to 
running simple errands, gathering exotic spell ingredients, to preparing a cup of Earl Gray just as needed, fall 
under her job description.  Essentially, they’re the perfect personal secretary… for those who value expedience 
over their souls.  Fortunately, she doesn’t do Hell’s business anymore, but she does retain all of her job 
skills.  Eliza is a dab hand at doing odd jobs and getting clever things done. If you need something found, she'll 
find it... even if it is dried newt powder at New York City at this time of night!

- Invoke: Organizing, Typing, Secretary Skills; Acquisitions, Random Errands, Organized Rituals, Spell Channeling, 
Finding Absolutely Anything at Best Value
- Compel: Managing the Expectations of Irate Cultists; Understanding Infernal Contracts, Diabolist Servitude, 
and the Soul Trade whether or not she likes it.

Description

Aspect Costumer/Clothier/Cosplayer

Eliza has a great passion for gothic clothing styles, particularly the Gothic Lolita fashion popularized in Japan.  
Cosplay also fascinates her, indeed anything involving elaborate artfully designed outfits and costumes.  As a 
general task-runner, she learned thread and needle for repairing masters’ clothing, but soon turned it to her own 
devices.  She has a frilly Gothic outfit for every occasion and is always constructing new ensembles.  

- Invoke: Cosplay time!  Giving her friends makeovers!  Whenever she feels like it!  Wheee!  The human world is 
great!
- Compel: When she needs a disguise (and every day requires at least a little;) when there’s a spontaneous party 
or a sudden gig and she absolutely must wear something fresh!

Description

Aspect Life! Drive

Screw Hell, Eliza wants to be happy. She wants to sing, dance, play music, and laugh! She wants to enjoy the 
simple things, like coffee, iPods, sunshine, pizza, and meeting people she isn't supposed to torture. She wants 
to make friends, (and has even learned how to -mostly- navigate the complicated steps of human morality, so she 
can be a good friend.)  She doesn't want to be human... (Free will is not a mortal commodity, otherwise Lucifer 
would not have fallen,) she wants to be her own person. In short, Eliza will be satisfied with nothing short of 
a Life.  She takes to anything that catches her interest, such as music, new gothic outfits, games, and 
pop-culture (she’s a pop culture junkie and cosplay enthusiast) with intense gusto and devotion.

- Invoke: Every Day!  Whenever she wakes up!  When passion demands!
- Compel: Whenever life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness require willpower and endurance.  When someone 
wants to shut her down, put her in her place, kick her out.  She’s never going back to Hell.

Description

Stunts:

Stunt Name
Description

Stunt Name
Description

Stunt Name
Description

Drakli fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 20, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Thankfully for Meg, mirrors just don't burn. Because if they did Konnie would totally set them all on fire for snatching her bass like that. "So not how you tune a bass, Meg." She says, putting the cap back on the empty water bottle and free-throwing it into the bin. And missing by about three feet. "Yeah, well, I haven't touched a bass in like, two years. Just because we got the right fork doesn't mean I remember how to tune the drat thing right." She answers Sherry. "Anyway, that pack of fuckers," She points out to the audience. "Didn't seem to think it sounded great. Fuckin' Philly assholes."

"Violins aren't guitars." Konnie points out to Eliza, cracking open a new bottle of water.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Jules

Jules lets out a long 'whoof' of air as he finds something to sit on. Drumming. How'd he end up drumming? He has no musical talent and, really, the only thing probably keeping him in rhythm and on cue is the rather 'energetic' encouragement of Konnie.

Well, that and telekinesis.

In either case, Jules is the drummer, so, he's not very flashy - and he's fine not being flashy, leave the bright red catsuits to Meg. That's more her thing. Jules just rocks the all black get-up and eyeliner.

That and a ridiculous tattoo on his chest, hidden by his singlet, that Konnie assured him was a good idea.

"Sherry's right," Jules says, "We all did great. Konnie, chuck us a bottle of water?" He'll catch it with telekinesis and, for a moment, he just watches Meg toying with Konnie's bass. A little smirk quirks across his face and he send a certain thought to Meg. Probably something about the catsuit and her body. Yep, telepathic flirting.

pre:
Approaches:

Careful      [+3]
Clever       [+3]
Flashy       [+1]
Forceful     [+4]
Powers       [+4]
Quick        [+2]
Sneaky       [+2]

Aspects:

High Concept Protector (Drive)
- Invoke: Warm and Personable, Honest Face, Keeping Watch,
- Compel: Hotheaded, The Group is in Danger!, Meg First, Stubborn

Jules is a good dude at heart, all in all. He just has that look about him and he's able to fit 
in anywhere as a warm, friendly presence. He's also quite adept at keeping watch over the group 
when they're performing, on the road, or having a night out. Unfortunately, it's probably clear 
that if the group seems like it's going to get introuble, Jules will be the first to step up - 
partially out of obligation to his friends and partially because of a bit of fire. Speaking of 
the group, Jules learned longago that if it's a choice between Konnie and the others and Meg, 
well, you don't piss off your super-speed, force-field projecting, 'I know Kung Fu' girl. Do 
you know how hard it is to find things when someone can hide them at the speed of light? 
Hint: it's very.

Origin ???
- Invoke: Slips Under the Radar,
- Compel: Solve the Mystery!, I've Been Having These Nightmares...,

Jules' powers are a weird enigma. He woke up and he had them, like someone flicked a switch. 
While it bothers Jules because everyone else seems to know how they came to be, it also grants 
him a certain degree of freedom, allowing him to occasionally slip through any superpowered nets 
or so forth. Unfortunately, nature abhors a vacuum and Jules hates mysteries, particularly when 
they concern himself.

Trouble You Think Too Much
- Invoke: Analysing Situations, Performing Action Research
- Compel: The Voice of Reason, Self-Doubt, To Prove Myself,

If Jules has a significant flaw, it's that he thinks too much. He's aware that he's something 
of an enigma and that gets under his skin. This can be a boon - if you need something analysed 
or something figured out on the fly, Jules can do it. However, Jules is frequently a stick in 
the mud (Wait a second, guys, let's think about this!) and prone to doubting his ability to 
contribute to the band.

Signature Power Meta-Absorption
- Invoke: Stealing Through Touch,
- Compel: Not Quite Controllable, Limited Duration (24 hours approx.), 

If there's a power that makes Jules a hazard, it's the fact that he steals powers through touch. 
While he is aware of it and won't steal powers from people like Konnie or Meg unknowingly, there 
is always the chance that he slips up and takes them from someone he has just met through a 
handshake or something of that nature (like the time he stole X-Ray vision and wondered why 
everyone was having naked breakfast without a care in the world). On the plus side, Jules only
seems to keep hold of those powers for a limited duration - approximately twenty four hours - 
although Jules believes there might be the possibility of retaining them permanently.

Aspect Telekinesis
- Invoke: Gestures Help, Limited Flight, Mental Manhandling,
- Compel: Mind Over Matter?, Can Only Bend the Laws,

Jules can move things with his mind and may be a power he picked up years before he realised it. 
Whatever the particular reason, Jules can move things without actuallytouching them and being 
able to gesticulate makes the whole process easier. He's even been able to give himself a limited 
form of flight. However, Jules' self-doubt inhis own capabilities means that he might falter when 
lifting something particularly big. Also, he's generally found that the faster something is 
moving, the more difficultit is to redirect or stop. He is, however, quite good at throwing people 
around.

Aspect Telepathy
- Invoke: Line-of-Sight Helps, Memory Medic, Scope Through the Crowds,
- Compel: Always On, I Need to Focus!, Mental Feedback

Jules is a telepath. Much like telekinesis, whether it's related to his meta-vacuum or is
entirely different is unknown. In either, Jules has proven adept at sifting through mental
blocks and damaged memories as a form of mental relief. He's also quite good at sifting 
through the mental buzz of a crowd to try and track down someone in particular - even over 
vast distances! Line of sight is a direct boon to his ability, particularly eye contact. 
However, the background noise can be a source of distraction - particularly if he hears 
something he shouldn't - and when dealing with telepathic neurosurgery there of course 
needs to be a certain amount of mental fortitude. It also means Jules' mood can fluctuate 
based on the people around him if it's not careful - if they are angry, he'll pick up on 
the background 'feedback'.

Aspect Tougher Than He Looks
- Invoke: Minor Regeneration, Still Standing,
- Compel: Leave It To Me!,

Jules is one of those lucky people who, through random luck or genetic lottery, he's 
never been sick. Perhaps some of it is owed to the remnants of a regenerative meta-power 
he  picked up from an old friend, or perhaps it is entirely mundane. Because of this, 
Jules is hard to keep down. The problem is, Jules might take on burdens and work when he's
 already quite burdened!

Stunts:

Stunt The Forgotten Man
Jules used to exist in New York City, and now he doesn't. People at the local college 
don't remember him and his details don't even exist in the student database. Or any 
database. It was like he woke up one day and everything and everyone had just... forgotten 
about him. Because of this strange effect, Jules can escape notice of bystanders or have 
records 'vanish' once per scene.

Stunt See the Unseen
Since the encounter with a mysterious shadow-person, Jules has felt a bit different, like he's 
more aware of the secrets that most people keep hidden. Once per scene, Jules can focus his 
telepathy and his mysterious origin and glimpse something hidden about something or someone 
within eyesight - major or minor!

Stunt I Know This!
As a (former) liberal arts student and general band handyperson, Jules is a wealth of potentially 
useful information and skills. Once per scene, Jules can assist with a task at a relatively 
competent level.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 20, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Using her amazing, at times plain unbelievable control over small amounts of water, Konnie motions at a spare bottle of water and sends it flying vaguely at Jules.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

As the water bottle is sent in his vague direction, Jules raises a hand and, with a brief gesture, sets the water bottle on a path to whirl around his head and into his waiting hand. Show-off.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Well, this wouldn't do at all.

Just when the bottle is making the whirl around Jules' head, Konnie snaps her fingers. The water bottle bulges and pops the top off, spraying all over Jules.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

Jules splutters a bit of water from his lips and face, shooting Konnie a look. "Thanks, Kon," he says dryly.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Anytime, buddy!" Konnie replies, meeting Jules' look with a poo poo-eating grin.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

"And I played both a guitar and a violin on my original audition tape, remember," Eliza replies to Konnie with a crooked upside down smile, putting away her iPhone for the moment.

That exciting little exchange between water-woman and mind-master doesn't go unnoticed, and she playfully pipes up, "Are we showing off now? If that's what we're doing, I could brew everyone up some nice hot tea." She makes a gesture at a pile of boxes upon which a tea kettle (which she brought to the show,) sits. It flies to her hand as if magnetized, or, really, as if she just hexed up an invisible hand made of magic. She lights the index finger of her other hand on fire with a candle-sized flame, and waves it briefly under the kettle just to show off how she's a ready made hotplate.

And yes, she's still hanging upside down. But the kettle is right side up to everyone else but her. And yes, she brought the kettle so she could brew tea at a moment's notice. It goes with the outfit.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Guitar's not a bass." Konnie points out to Eliza.

Finishing her second bottle, she points it at the succubus. "I'm sorry Little Miss 'Oh No They Will Think It's Part Of My Costume', but you're already showing off." She points out. "You don't get to do nothing." To make her point clear, Konnie walks over and takes the kettle away from Eliza. Noticing the phone thing, she nods at it. "You send the gig stuff to my brothers and sisters?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"Quiet," Meg hisses at Konnie. "I'm guitar whispering." She keeps focused on the neck and tweaks the strings a little, back and forth. "Sher's right, we rocked. So what if these Philly Phuckheads don't appreciate it." Meg hands it back to her partner in crime. "Try this," she says. "If we'd let you tune it, Eliza, then demons would leap out of it when we pl....holy crap that'd be awesome!" The bass problem resolved (at least she think so), Meg's free to make eyes at Jules, which quickly escalates to some fluttering of eyes and strategic posing.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

Water still dropping down his face, looking over at Meg, Jules says: "I could really go for some nice hot..."

He clears his throat. "Tea. Tea is what I was thinking of, yes. Thanks, Eliza."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Looking a little skeptical, Kon takes her bass back and strums it a little. She couldn't be quite sure yet if it was tuned, or Meg had just ruined it even more. "Making out starts at the after party, guys." Konnie groans, rolling her eyes at Meg and Jules. "Doing it backstage is just tacky."

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

"I can play bass too," Eliza sulks, sticking her tongue out as the band lead steals her kettle. Konnie does manage to distract her with family questions, "Oh, yeah, yeah!" She pulls her iPhone out and inspects her messenger lists, "I sent it to all of your brothers and sisters first thing!" She peers at her screen with narrowed eyes, "I might have sent it to your busha too. Does your grandmother have a facebook page?"

She makes futile grabby-grabby motions at Konnie as she walks away with the imp's kettle, "I'd make some nice Earl Gray," she offers Jules, "but Konnie's being a wet blanket!"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Awesome. Kinga and Maj are going to love it." Konnie smiles, one hand holding the kettle and the other holding her bass by the neck. "And maybe Mike will get off his rear end if he knows I'm in Philly. Never know my luck."

"Uh, Busha? I think Kinga tried to get her to use facebook a couple years ago or something. But Busha can't even work a computer."

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

"Oh."

Eliza gives Konnie a blank upside-down look, then glances back at the iPhone.

She shrugs, "Well then, somebody's little old grandma has some exciting info about a rock concert in Philly. That she might have a granddaughter she's never met performing in. Being a total bad-rear end on stage."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"So was," Meg says in support of Jules. "Fine, fine, so where is the party in this shithole of a town?" she asks. "Are we gonna get hammered and lick the liberty bell or something?" she continues. Meg makes a face and looks over at Jules. "Sorry babes, I'm gonna have to change. My pores are all bwah. Back in a flash," she promises. Meg plans a kiss on Jules' cheek and then dashes off, quickly if at normal speed, to the little makeshift dressing room. There she can amp up to superspeed, and by the time Konnie and Eliza are done, Meg is back, in much more casual jeans and chucks and graphic tee. Her catsuit's draped over her arm and her boots in her hand, all of which gets promptly and unceremoniously stuffed into her travel bag.

"How big is you family anyway, Kon?"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

Jules just shrugs at Konnie's 'tacky' comment. It's a shrug that says 'and?'

He takes a moment to loop his arms around Meg's middle. "I'm up for getting hammered and partying," Jules says, "Liberty bell or no liberty bell."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Konnie thumbs at Sherry. "I think getting us into parties is part of the manager's job."

"Like, just us out of New York? Piotr, Michał, Maja, me, Kunegunda, Stanisław, Mama, Tata, and Busha." Kon rattles off on her fingers for Meg.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

Oh sweet, an accessory. Meg bounces faintly as Jules encircles her. She tries to count along with Konnie, until she looses tracks and just shakes her hands out. "No wonder you like loving so much," she says, as if commenting on the weather or ones taste for peanut butter and chocolate. Meg ooohs and claps her hands, pulling away from Jules and twisting quickly, pointing fingers at Sherry, "SHERRY! Get us into a party! Manage!" she double pokes. "KONNIE! We're going to get you laid!" she declares. A wave at the rest of the band. "You guys too, if you want."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Hah. Totally." Kon laughs at Meg fails to count up to ten, throwing the kettle and bass at the now unhanded Jules so he could pack them in the van. "Not that it ever helped my love life. Why'd you think I even picked up the drat bass in the first place? Used to just sit on the amp." Grabbing a water bottle for the road, Konnie smirks and shakes her head at Meg. "With your taste in guys? Passsssssss."

Robodog fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 22, 2014

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

Laughing, Sherry raises her hands to ward off the air-poking. "All right, give me a few, give me a few! Might need to check Facebook to see if someone back home knows someone out here who's going to something, but I know I've heard about a few post-gig parties out there." She wafts hands to either side, indicating the global 'out there'. "Just gimme a few minutes."

Sherry turns to leave, and stops.

"If you can find me someone named Alberto, who comes in bottles and sits silently on the edge of an enormous tub, I'll love you forever. People back here took the no smoking signs as a personal challenge. Ugh."

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

Eliza beams and unhooks her legs from the chin-up bar, doing a mid-air flip, using her wings to make herself weightless. Landing on her black, buckled shoes, Eliza holds both her arms out and up and cheers, "Cowabunga! Partytime!"

She does pause as Meg waves her hand to include 'the rest of the band.' Which is her, Eliza, essentially, since Jules gets laid by Meg all the time.

The imp takes hold of her own tail and starts swinging it around like a loose sash or a cane, "That's awfully sweet of you Meg, but I haven't quite figured out how to explain certain anatomical blessings to people when I'm naked." she sighs and shrugs her shoulders, "Heck, even heavy petting gets kind of risky."

She leans forward, to murmur, "Somehow I doubt I'm ever going to hear, "Is that a python attached to your butt or are you just happy to see me?""

She grins... one might say, impishly at Sherry, "If you point me at who did it, I could hex them so all their cigarettes burn down to the stumps while they're still in the packages, still in their pockets, even!"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"There's only one thing guys stare at when you're naked, and it's not gonna be your tail."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

"...unless tail is a a metaphor for 'butt'."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"…wouldn't bet on a guy noticing your actual tail then, either."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"See this is why we love you, Sher," Meg says. She sticks her tongue out at Konnie, "You wanted me to go back to Will?" she asks. "Risk makes it more fun!" Meg declares. "I once..." she pauses. "Later," she mutters.

Meg elbows Jules. "It's not a metaphor if it means the same thing."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Will? I wanted you to dump his boney rear end the second I saw him." Kon clarifies. "But him an' Jules? You totally got a type, Meg. Dweeb."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

Jules goes 'oof' at Meg's nudge and then grins at her. "I don't know. It kind of made more sense in my head." He shrugs, gathering up Konnie's bass and Eliza's kettle. "I'll just get these loaded into the van. Back in a bit."

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

Eliza watches Jules carry away her tea kettle with a vague shrug.

She turns her hips and backside vaguely in Konnie's direction, and glances over her shoulder at the band leader, "Thanks for your confidence in my butt. I just think you human superwhatsits take not getting noticed for granted."

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Given the state of the crowd, Nobody notices as Jules manages to load up all the gear into The Frogger perfectly, without breaking a sweat, and in about five minutes flat (where roadies actually lugging the gear would've taken a half an hour at least), despite The Frogger being parked a few blocks away. Jules is relieved to see there are no parking tickets on the windshield.

Sherry hops from Instagram to Facebook and back. Promos for a few different parties at various bars around Philadelphia pop into her stream. They're a crapshoot, dependent on how packed the bars are, the crowds, etc. Her eye is drawn to something different--an opening at an art gallery that's almost over. Usually, those openings never end when they say, always lingering for a couple more hours, turning into an after party in their own right. The opening is likely t be less crowded, but more sceney.

If the band didn't care about catching Habitats set, they could get into the opening and see where the night took them from there. The bars would be there for them when they wanted. It was barely 9PM and the bars in Philly close at 2.

xian fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 25, 2014

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"We're a BAND, Eliza. We're all about getting noticed!" Meg declares. She does zip back and forth to help Jules load, just grabbing a small loose thing here and there, but really, Jules is all about the heavy lifting. Meg twirls and leans up over Sherry's shoulder. "So what you got? You're like the awesome big sister I never had with the hookup for all these sweet places." Meg pauses. "I mean I have a big sister. But she's super lame."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

Sherry works her new smartphone with zeal, turning it back and forth, tapping icons, and swiping things back and forth. And then she finishes playing a round of Angry Birds and gets to checking her hotspot apps. Of course there are still things like FourSquare, but they don't really track people-- not beyond a really simple, concrete level. 'How many people are where' is a useful metric, but it's only one when you're skimming social media for developing trends instead of established ones.

Tip, tip. The thing's fine with her using a fingernail to navigate, but not a strand of hair. Silly, really, since they're made of the same stuff. A shank of hers surreptitiously ruffles Meg's as the shorter girl comes to peek over her shoulder.

"Bars, bars, bars, clubs, clubs," she replies, then adds, "So I'm still like another sister, only one who's awesome and that you never had?"

Sherry skims her fingernail around the screen in vague loops. "They're all dead or overcrowded, and everybody leaving here is going to make that worse or go home, by the looks of things. Got something here, opening night at an art gallery. That won't close for a while, no matter what the page says, and you sometimes get an after-after party when the manager really needs to close."

"Only problem is, they're usually filled with people who like to think they know about art."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

"I've got good news and bad news," Jules says as he returns, finding a spot next to Meg. "Good news is that we didn't get a parking ticket. Bad news is that we're still calling it The Frogger. I guess I'd be up for an art gallery party? I mean, it's be a first."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Both my sisters are awesome." Konnie declares. "And I'm an awesome sister too. So I dunno, genetics?" She shrugs. "Or being a rich spoilt shitbag makes you hate your sisters and parents or something." She also shrugs. "Art gallery, museum, zoo, whatever. I don't give a poo poo were it is so long as they're serving drinks. Let's just go."

"Well Pete called it 'The Phantom Power Wizard Master Smasher', so Frogger's a step up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"Totes," Meg says to Sherry. She reaches over with a hand to stroke some of Sherry's hair, down her back. "I'm so not dressed for an art opening. Don't you need gowns and stuff for that?" Meg asks, mostly to Sherry.

"Wouldn't call it that if it weren't green, Julesie. We can get some paint next stop."

"gently caress you, Konnie," Meg finally concludes.

• Locked thread