Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

Okay. All the fingers? All the toes? Okay.

Sherry turns carefully. Nothing hurts more than it did before. So that's good. Shaken, but not scrambled.

There's more shouting. That's... probably a good sign, all told. Sherry undoes her seatbelt (thank god for nanny state-ism) and rearranges herself to face front.

"Girls? Girls! Deep breaths. Non-alcoholic fluids. Are you two okay?"

Sherry casts an inexpert eye over the unhelpful topography of the van's interior, then peers out through the windshield in vain hopes of seeing what's going on outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"Babe! Babe! Are you OK?" Comes muffled from the front of the car.

Then, a guy banging on the frame of the car, where the hood meets the windshield, "You hit her! You hit my girlfriend, you piece of poo poo!"

"Babe, can you stand? Let's get you out of the road." He says, putting her arm around his shoulders. She's sobbing, but manages to get to the curb with her boyfriend's assistance. She's cut up and has some road rash, but no bones sticking out. The boyfriend turns back towards Jules and seethes, "Give me one reason I shouldn't call the cops right now."

Strangest thing, though, is that anyone sober enough to notice the signals does. Both the guy and the girl are giving off supernatural vibes.

xian fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 24, 2015

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

Someone's hurt? Oh, Christ.

And then, through that noise and that panic, there's that tickle. Sherry takes a deep breath and buries her face in the nearest headrest.

"How goddamn many of us are there?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"God drat it Jules."

Then somebody starts shouting about cops. "Fuuuuuck this." Konnie decides, fading back into her watery mist self and trying to float out the door.

Signature Power Sublimation with the approache Drunk as gently caress +10000000

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
The whole area gets a lot more humid and, would you look at that! Konnie has vanished.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

The perfect crime.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 24, 2015

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

"Konnie, you're still drunk. Get out of my top."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Your top's in my cloud. You get out!"

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

When she's sleeping, Eliza looks almost angelic.

Even someone as active and hyper, and hyper-active as Eliza runs down eventually; and after the big gig and the big keg party, she's out like a light. Curled up in the back of of the van wearing a sleeping bonnet, she even clutches a tiny little doll dressed like Mary Poppins, but with velvet devil horns, as she snoozes. What do demons dream of?

Whatever dream, it shatters as the Frogger whomps into something. She jolts forward, sleepily mumbling a snatch of Latin backwards, which would probably be a lot more sinister if it weren't a fragment of Mary Had a Little Lamb.

Eliza's eyes bat open and she clambers forward into the front of the van, asking, "What's going on? Where's Konnie? Did we get a humidifier in this junk heap?" Then she notices the people. And the fact that her sleeping bonnet has fallen askew. Which gives boyfriend and girlfriend perhaps two and a half seconds to see a goth-girl with horns in the van before she dives back into the back with a squeal and fumbles for her bonnet.

Drakli fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Feb 24, 2015

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

"There's a little Konnie in everything," Sherry mutters. Unfortunately, the only way to get out of that fog is to get out of the van, so she reluctantly finds her way to the nearest door and lets herself out.

Outside, particularly sharp ears might pick up on her muttering an 'oh, god'.

Jules is not drunk. Hung over maybe, but not drunk. Sherry knows this because if she had any inkling that he was, she'd have hidden the keys... and then Meg would have snagged them from her, run back to New York and rifled every pocket she owns for good measure, and given them right back to him. Her style sense isn't moaning about wrinkles, ergo Jules is hung over at worst. Which doesn't explain why it looks like they rear-ended a couple, unless one of them engages in recreational invisibility.

Sherry's first impulse is to check on the crying woman, but she's familiar with the possessive/protective streak boyfriends get when they're angry. The young woman looks mostly shaken up, regardless. Motorcycle? Sherry looks around for signs of whatever the hell it is they hit. The crying one probably would have been on the back. God drat it.

"Okay. Before anybody goes to jail, does anybody need an ambulance?" the blonde calls out. There. Voice of reason. Responsibility. Sympathy. Maybe a hint of skepticism, which troubles her on a level that's trying to get some more sleep.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Jules

"Maybe because you came out of nowhere and ran into our car?" Jules asks, ignoring what little he can hear from the inside of the Frogger. He glances around, looking for telltale signs of a vehicle - a scooter, a motorcycle, something. Or did they just walk out into traffic? "It's a main road-" he begins, but is quickly cut off by the arrival of someone.

And then Sherry is there. That's good. Let's see about the ambulance. For a moment, Jules looks to Sherry and subtly 'casts in her direction: 'Am I the only one getting some sorta super-stuff off these two?'

Classic Jules, really. Never quite gave up on that idea of doing Great Things with his powers.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

Nope, this telepathy thing is never going to stop feeling odd, like a radio in the cleft down the middle of her brain announcing itself by suddenly surfing channels.

Sherry tries to stuff as much meaning as she can into the glance she sends back Jules's way. The Buzz? she tries thinking loudly, framed with images of a dark-haired man with a ponytail and impossibly concealed katana and, weirder still, a flash of the Queen of Hearts from the old Disney adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. One of you is a magnet, I swear.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"For crap's sake, Kon, now's not the time!" Meg splutters. "Hit on Sherry later!" The speedster flails and she bursts into a blur, swooping and looping around the injured chick.

"Shitsnacks, that looks nasty," Meg says, taking a seat next to her. "We're super sorry. But hey, you're gonna be okay!" she says, putting on distinct perk.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Still in tears, the girl shakes her head when Sherry asks about an ambulance.

"We ran into your car? Really?" The boyfriend seethes, "That's what you're going to tell the cops? Stinking of alcohol? That you were driving along, minding your own business, and all of a sudden we ran into your car? We were walking home! We live a few streets over. I hope you've got insurance... tthey're going to lock your rear end up, man."

The girl, still shaken up, regards Meg, and between sobs, "You...just...ran...over...all...you..is....sorry?"

"They're going to lock your rear end up." The guy repeats, "Unless you can give us a reason to forget this ever happened."

Sorry, once again, for the delay.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

At the back of the van, Eliza kicks the door open and emerges. Even while sleeping, she's a bit unique, fashion-wise. She wears an over-sized black shirt that reaches far enough to her knees to actually resemble a nightgown, albeit a nightgown with a big yellow 'smiley' emoticon on the chest, frowning and sticking its tongue out like it's tasted something sour. Her leggings resemble frilly stockings, alternating black and white rings of frillery that overlap each other like a petticoat's layers. And of course she still wears her big black-with-white-lace bonnet, tied securely under her chin against wardrobe malfunctions, and still clutches her Devil Mary Poppins doll.

Eliza meanders over in her slippers and asks, "Okay, what's going on?" Her eyes fall upon the girl's town up legs and she sticks out her tongue, grimacing, "Yick! Let me see that."

Waving her doll at the girl (which makes it look like Devil Poppins is waving her umbrella at her,) she mutters, "Super-cali-fragalistic; peroxide and antiseptic!" A weird whorl of warped and twisted probability funnels around the 'victim's legs. Against all logic and probability, germs and bacteria that try to infect her wounds are beset by hideous luck and meet terrible microscopic fates. Warped probability makes her legs feel tingly and weird, a bit like the stomach-doing-flip-flops, but in her legs instead of her gut, but the scratches will mend nicely. Any pink puffiness from infection is already fading. Only the germs suffer.

"Suffer, germs! A pox upon ye pox! Bacteria face the hexing hand of Grim Juju!" Eliza declares, a dark shadow falling across her face , as if presiding over their tiny, tiny dooms! She brightens immediately and grins toothily up at the girl, "There you go, just don't roll around in the gravel! Can we go home now? I'm tired."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

With Eliza playing witchdoctor, Konnie is really happy that she is little more than a bunch of hazy mist right now.

can i frog eyes the two guys there?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

Meg nods so fast her hair's a blur. "In the generic universal sense!" Meg says. "A bad thing has happened and we don't like bad things happening to people and anyway hi I'm Meg what's your name?" Meg gushes. Boyfriend gets a death glare, while Meg hugs the girl. "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" Meg trails. "Free tickets?" she suggests. It's her universal go-to make people not pissy suggestion, which she busts out here entirely forgetting they don't have another show in town. "Oh and that's Eliza," she adds. "She likes dolls."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

As a cloud, Konnie was super sneaky. So sneaky that she could totally FrogEyes these two shysters without being seen herself!

Drunk Konnie is the best tactician.

screw it so frog eye ing these two

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"My name is Sandy..." The girl says, watching in awe as Eliza completes her ritual and the injury she's targeted all but heals completely. Doctors and scientists would marvel for a generation of they saw it--an injury being coaxed into deciding not to be an injury anymore. And that working. "I'm... What did you just do to me... Did you..." She's stopped sobbing and pauses, unsure how to finish that sentence, the facade she's put forth beginning to crack.

"Free tickets?" The guy overhears, "More like how about you give us the gate to your last show and we disappear and forget you ever hit her." At this, Sandy shoots him an incredulous look he misses due to the darkness.

Konnie, meanwhile, encircles them both and looks through the mist to see what she sees. The girl is some strange mixture of a starfish and an anglerfish. A starfish with a light on its head, or an angler fish with starfish arms. It's keeps switching to some new combination of the two, which Konnie interprets as sharing qualities from both and not from having beer goggles on top of her frog eyes. The guy looks like a normal boring idiot guy, except that he has scales on his head where his hair should be.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

"That's two from you, so here's two from me," Sherry interjects, gazing blandly off down the street. "First: never make a threat that you can't back up. Verbally extorting a bunch of A/V nerds in this age of pocket phones, dash cams and streaming video isn't as good an idea as it used to be. Public street. No expectation of privacy." Something in the blonde's pocket emits a soft tone.

"Second: this grift is a lot safer with a dog. A dog will put its life on the line for you, above and beyond jumping in front of a car, if things go bad. Dogs don't usually do messy breakups either, Old Yeller and Cujo notwithstanding. Not that I'm implying anything about either of you, and I'm sure you have more in common than meets the eye, but it's a lot easier to make a person talk than it is a dog. Not that the scam is safe: sooner or later, someone's going to keep driving over you, or the people with a real financial interest in tourists and drive-throughs are going to find out, and you'll end up doing five to ten at the bottom of the river."

"So. Seriously. What do you need money for so badly that you're willing to risk killing yourselves over a few bucks? We're a small-time band. If you had got anything out of us, it wouldn't be worth a hospital stay or worse. You only get that for playing speedbump for Aerosmith."

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

Eliza blinks slowly and muzzily and looks up at Sherry. So, she realizes, we're being extorted. She yawns.

"Yeah, and eventually, you'll go to Hell."

As off-handed as the statement is, there's something eerily knowing in her eyes and the slow, sleepy smile she grants the pair.

Drakli fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 21, 2015

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Okay. So. Fishhead guy is just a fishhead. loving fishheads. But this lady here, she was something else. Not an eel, not a shark, not even a barracuda. But a starfish. Or maybe an anglerfish? Konnie has to think. Her eyes didn't work like Jules mind reading some bum off the street. FrogEyes had to be interpreted. Through the eyes of a frog. It was all riddles and metaphors.

Konnie struggled normally. While drunk? Well, let's just give it a crack. Starfish. Lots of arms. Pink. Wiggled around on the floor. Pretty much ate anything. Can grow bits back if they get hacked off. Kill coral. Anglerfish were easier. Big teeth. Bright light. Draw people in, then kill them. So an starangler? Many armed fish that wiggles around and draws little fish in to kill them?

……

Oh poo poo!

The light mist around the man and his woman suddenly forms up into a hauntingly beautiful watery figure of a remarkably svelte young woman. "She's gonna fuckin' eat you!" The figure yells, solidifying into a Konnie shaped woman before drunkenly shoving both Sherry and Eliza away from the two on the ground. Showing her priorities on her sleeve, she grabs Meg by the arm and drags her back herself. "Don't go near her Meg!!" She warns, and now that everybody was away, she turns to look at the two.

"Listen Fishhead!!" She points at the man, fury in her eyes. "I don't know your deal is, but I know a starfish when I see one!!" She turns to stare down the woman. "And this is one big fucken starfish!! So put that headlamp out, put your teeth away, keep all five arms to yourself and wiggle your rear end back on out of here! I'm not going to let my friends get eaten by an anglerfish like you!!"

Even to these two, who had known Konnie for only seconds, could tell she was unbelievably drunk.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

You might as well have insulted Meg's mother. Or, somebody she actually likes. "gently caress you you greedy gently caress!" Meg shouts at the guy, leaping to her feet. "We need that for gas and food and booze! Important poo poo!"

At Konnie's warning, Meg leaps backward in a blink. "What? Me!?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Anglerfish draw people in with flashy lights! You know how you like shiny things!" Konnie quickly and urgently warns Meg. "You can't go near her!!"

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"Just shut up for a while, would you?" Sandy snaps at her as yet unnamed accomplice. "Actually, you know what, just get lost. Go home." The accomplice looks to her, surprised at the turn of events, but does as told, and walks down the side of the road away from them.

Still sitting next to Meg on the grass, Sandy's eyes roll back in her head and for Konnie, it feels like the Angler fish light is shining directly at her. For everyone else, it just feels like it always does when someone with powers looks them over. The more sober of the group might recognize her energy as the one that was pervading the party.

When her eyes come back, everything about her has changed. She's not the damsel in distress, not at all. She checks to make sure her accomplice is out of range before talking. "Ok, look." She says, standing, completely uninjured, her voice a lot more sure and direct than it has been to this point. Still full of nerves, though. Not the kind of nerves that come with tears, but with tension and adrenaline.

"This got all hosed up. Let me explain and then maybe we can go our separate ways. No harm," she gestures at herself, "no foul."

"First off, I've got no clue what she's talking about." Sandy waves a hand at Konnie. "Fish heads?" She looks for some sort of context, her eyes darting between Sherry, Eliza, Jules, and Meg. "She wasted or what?"

"Second off, yeah, you got me, I took a bump and we were going to try to shake you down. The road rash is nothing, anything superficial is. But that was a cool move." She adds, to Eliza.

She pauses the way someone who decides to start from the beginning of the story pauses,

"You're not from here, I am. Grew up in this town. Watched these spoiled rotten brats my whole life. And a frat party like this? Rich assholes? Wasted? Driving? Would you believe I've cleared five figures in a night before?" She doesn't wait for an answer.

"The idiot was the lookout. He's meant to tell me when someone's coming, you know, someone driving an expensive car. Drunk. Someone who would rather give me their wallet and sometimes even their PIN numbers, watches, jewelry, rather than call the cops and involve the family lawyer. Not this piece of..." She catches herself, "fine machinery that I'm sure is a great tour bus. But he was the lookout. Gives the signal. I can't see what's coming around the bend. Was too focused on not actually getting hurt to realize that I'd be staring face to face with a fish woman and whatever the rest of you are."

"So are you guys going to head off to your next show and let me actually try and make some money tonight or what?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

When that anglerfish light gets turns on Konnie, she just about looks like she's going to punch the bitch out. "That's exactly what a fucken starfish would say." Konnie warns her friends as Sandy starts to give her no doubt well prepared spiel. "Starfish!" She calls Sandy again when she impugns Konnie's spotless reputation and declares her a drunk. The nerve of that nightlight fishing bitch.

The rest of it Konnie doesn't follow, because she was seriously wasted. And trying to keep the rest of the band from being eaten by the starfish/anglerfish/murdereel. But she was sure of somethings. Like when her brother's van was being insulted. "That's the Frogger, skurwysyn!" And when she was being insulted! "Fish woman!? Pierdol sie!!" Konnie shouts at the woman. "You're the loving fish woman! Wkurwiasz mnie!" If any of them spoke Polish, they'd have some idea how feisty Konnie was getting. "Rusalka! Spierdalaj ty glupia pizda!"

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

"Good-Daaaaaaaammmmnnnn, Konnie!" Eliza exclaims with a sour face as she jumps back, shoved by her band leader, "No wonder the fog smelled like alcohol," she sniff-sniffs at the air in Kon's general direction, "I bet we could get a contact buzz by inhaling some of you."

She listens to Konnie's crazy, but on-the-money fish-talk, then watches mystery girl drop her facade, wearing the blank and fuzzy expression of a reformed imp who's got a feeling she's being presented with a pop-quiz on morality and wonders why it's happening when she's supposed to be sleepy-bye.

When the girl compliments her magic, Eliza smiles politely and nods; "It's amazing what misfortune can do, if you know where to point it," but otherwise just waits until the end of the story, absorbing the information as it comes to her. Then, sagely, she nods, "Ahhh, you're a thingy..." waving her hand in the air with grabby fingers as if it somehow explains what that means, "A, uh, Brain squeezer. You grabbed his brain and squeeze it into the right shape, angry, protective, and greedy, and point it at your rubes. I know how that works."

She nods again, and pulls off her bonnet, tucking her doll into it and holding it in both hands.

She has horns.

"I'm a demon! I know all those dirty tricks." There's that smile again. It's sleepy, but Cheshire Cat sleepy, which is still Cheshire Cat creepy,* "I quit, because Hell is no fun, with all the wailing and screaming and regrets."

====

* Not that she's vanishing; but remember how creepy that cat smiles.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"Only thing that wormed into his brain was his cut." Sandy assures Eliza. "It's not hard to get a guy to act like a guy, you know?"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

IRL's kicking me around a bit, post coming.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"God drat chill out, Kon!" Meg snaps as Sandy goes on. "She's totally not a fish," she says with firm gestures to Sandy, "and if she wanted to eat us she wouldda done it already, right?" Meg burps. "Most of us are. I've just got a super fast metabolism. 'Cept Jules," she adds. "He's our roadie! And drummer, but..." Meg shrugs, as if it's clear they're the same thing.

"Scamming the richies? I like that," she says with a big grin. "Can we help?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Konnie grabs Megs arm and pulls her in close. "That's what she wants you to think!"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

A loud 'ack' as Meg gets pulled away from Sandy. "She...uh...." she sputters. Sandy is new people, and Meg likes new people. Konnie, though, is an old friend. A pre-space thingy friend! "Long story," she says to Sandy.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Again, Konnie yanks Meg in close. "You're richie! She's gonna take all your money!!"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

Meg's jaw drops. She stares at Konnie, and finally gives her a shove. "You take that back!"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

It was one thing to be called a drunk, because frankly Konnie was both a drunk and currently drunk. But having her bestie shove her like that? Konnie staggers back, stunned. Then she scowls at Meg. "Fine!" She shouts, fading away again into a now furious looking watery image of herself. The sort that looks rather keen on drowning people were she in a lake somewhere. "Go get eaten by that starfish! See if I care!" Konnie starts to float away. "You go hang out with Ms. Five-Figure-Scam-Clam! You'll get on just fine with another rich bitch!"

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

Eliza tilts her head at Sandy, working out what she's saying, "Oh. Yeah, that makes sense," She shrugs her shoulders, frowning in spotty, weary frustration, "I'm off my game tonight. Way too tired."

Her eyes widen at Meg's offer, and even as the speedster and rusulka argue, she aims an indignant nudge at the pink girl's side with her elbow, "Hey? Hsst! Hey! You guys are supposed to be providing me a positive example! You know, of how to be a good person! And I know I only have my observational notes and Fraggles DVD collection to go by, but I'm pretty certain tricking and stealing from rubes is not how you be a good person, Meg."

Drakli fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Mar 26, 2015

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

"Konnie, let's not get people eaten by a starfish, whatever that means," Jules says, raising his hands. "Meg, let's not get suckered into the schemes of some sort of con-artist with powers. Everything's sorted, right? Everyone's good? Let's get back in the van and get moving. Sound good?"

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Sandy notes that Jules has offered her the get out of jail free card, but doesn't have the good sense to take it and just let what Meg said sit there. She looks at Meg and a smile curls on her mouth, "Well, I'm not sure what you all can do, but I bet if we put our heads together we could take that whole party for a ride."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

"I meant what I said," Sherry says, looking sidelong at Sandy. "I don't know how much he was acting, but I've seen guys do some really iffy things when their egos start bleeding out. Not saying you don't know what you're doing, but sometimes they crack when you least expect it."

There's an urge to ask questions, like why stay in a hateful place when you've already made so much money, but Sherry has a few guesses and really isn't sure she wants any of them confirmed. Instead, she turns toward Meg.

"Jules is right, we've got another gig soon and we should get on the road. We all know what happens when people start showing off, too. And I for one don't want to get involved with something that could put us really behind schedule. I got away from that once."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie 2/3 Refresh

"Sandy the Starfish. Pretty fitting, huh? Rhymes and everything. 'Cept for all that anglerfish you got in there." Konnie pipes up again, forming into a ghostly mist behind Sandy's ear. "You think you're Robin hood, don't ya? Stealing from the rich, giving to poor ol' you, all justice and poo poo. But let's get real here. I know poor. I am poor. Grew up in a shitbox with ten people in it and didn't even have enough money to buy a fucken twizzler 'till I was 16. But you? Nu-uh. I don't care what you say, you're exactly the god drat same as these rich fuckers here. Looking for a quick, easy buck with a rotten fucken scam goin' on. Don't even know what real work looks like." The vengeful spirit of a watery woman was on full display.

"But I don't give a poo poo about that." She brusquely dismisses her tear down of the starfish. "You shined that little light a' yours on us, I've frogeyed you, and that perv's probably already riffling through your head peepin' all your good bits." Konnie points at Jules. That fuckin' perv. And I know you're listening in on this, and it totally proves my point. "We both know we all got super magic bullshit powers here. It's like the god drat ComiCon out here. But there's one big difference here, Starfish, between you an' us. We're fucken professionals." Kon lets that sink in, just how a drunk water girl could be a professional anything other than drunk.

"That's right. Whole lot of us up in New York who do this poo poo for a living, looking after powers poo poo. We're called Sheriffs. Fucken stupid name, right? But not like I picked it. See, we were a band before we all got bitten by radioactive spiders. So since we go out touring anyway, it's our job to go around looking for starfish like you and see that nobody's up to trouble." She explains, still drifting by Sandy the Starfish's ear. "And you know what the number one rule is? The one that keeps everybody out of trouble? The biggun that keeps everybody safe from the boogyman?" She pauses for dramatic effect, and to compose herself because if she were solid she'd be staggering around right now.

"Don't go flashing your dick in public. Showing powers off in front of normal idiots is the best way to get yourself in some real drat trouble. And this scam you got goin' here? Tossing yourself into traffic? You're god drat turkey slapping your way across every rich kid in town. And how long do you think it's gonna last before a couple of 'em rub two brain cells together and think 'Hey, wait a sec. We all hit the same fucken starfish didn't we?' And then how much money do ya' think you're gonna be gettin'?"

Konnie floats gently through Sandy the Starfish and anybody else in the way and reforms her more solid self right in front of the girl. "So." She puts a hand on Sandy's shoulder. "Why don't you go tell your little fishhead boytoy he ain't getting his clam dinner tonight and come sit in this POS van I had to steal from my brother. We'll go find whatever bullshit excuse this town has for pączki and we'll give you the down low on all this powers poo poo before you go and do something really stupid?"

Sorry is this is pissing in anyones plan or anything.

Invoking my own drive for a refresh point : Aspect Polish and Poor.

• Locked thread