Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
There is some really interesting storytelling happening here, in the murals and paintings and weird little puppet theaters.

Incidentally, I hope you find another one of those soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

ViggyNash posted:

That was my first thought after learning the fate of the tower. Why is it all still functioning just fine?

Some kind of self-repair mechanism. Perhaps, like the wizard lightning tree, it is a living thing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain Bravo posted:

It doesn't even necessarily have to be lying.

The king wages an unsuccessful war against the barbarians. He blames the failure of the war on the magnet wizards refusing to lend their support. Oleg's family is killed by barbarians. The King convinces Oleg that the reason the barbarians were able to kill his family is because the wizards withdrew their support. If you look at things through the lens of the king's propaganda, it makes perfect sense. The barbarians will kill us unless we unite. These fuckers are backing out of the deal. The barbarians continue to run amok in their lands because of these assholes and their stupid tower.

The thing that probably causes Oleg's change of heart is that the play is showing the massacre of the wizards. The wizards all die in the massacre. That means that the only way they could have put together that play is if they already knew in advance what was going to happen. Oleg has to come to terms with the fact that the people he killed, who didn't fight back, knew that he was going to kill them all and still played out their part. Prophecy fucks with people's heads, and can force you to face the harsh truths, that maybe you're the baddie.

This game has some really nice moments, and I really feel for Oleg now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, what a way to go. Hoist by your own crownsword.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I thought there was another 36-scroll something, near the 18-scroll teleporter. Or was that just a hint for the end of the game?

• Locked thread